U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 4,481 times

Advertisements

My husband was laid off 12/2/09, I'm thinking we're on Tier 2. Gee whiz....all this stuff is so frustrating and hard to understand! Gotta love how the govenment works. By the time anyone gets things figured out, they've lost their mind! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,169,275 times
Default Benefit Year Ending Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjplus6 View Post
My husband was laid off 12/2/09, I'm thinking we're on Tier 2. Gee whiz....all this stuff is so frustrating and hard to understand! Gotta love how the govenment works. By the time anyone gets things figured out, they've lost their mind! lol
He's just past his BYE date. Did he call and renew/re-open his claim? If he received his full payment for 26 weeks, and then 20 more weeks, he should be in the middle of EUC Tier II on or about his anniversary date. Aside from what is going on in Congress right now - all UI claims have to be re-opened at the one-year mark in order to receive the balance on any UI benefits.

The $9 balance sounds like the end of a Tier, so was there a delay in starting the benefits?

Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 AM

4 posts, read 4,481 times
I'm not sure why there is a $9 balance. We registered as soon as he was laid off. I'm really getting nervous that we're not going to have anything after this $9 in Tier 2. I honestly thought it would just roll over to Tier 3 and the vote in congress was to extend anything further than that, as I thought Tier 3 was the finally level. We did call them yesterday and told them that we thought we had to renew his claim and was told we didn't need to do that it was automatically done. Why can't they make this more cut and dry on what's going on and how things are done. So much confusion, even from the rep on the phone.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:37 AM

14,385 posts, read 19,182,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjplus6 View Post
I'm not sure why there is a $9 balance. We registered as soon as he was laid off. I'm really getting nervous that we're not going to have anything after this $9 in Tier 2. I honestly thought it would just roll over to Tier 3 and the vote in congress was to extend anything further than that, as I thought Tier 3 was the finally level.
Under the expired legislation, your husband had until November 27th to exhaust the balance of his current tier in order to be eligible to move to the next tier.

If your husband worked while collecting unemployment, had any vacation pay, any income that might offset some of the benefits, the time to collect these benefits would be extended. Based on the timeframe you mentioned, for some reason this $9 is probably remaining from Tier 1, unless he did not qualify for the full 26-weeks' state benefits, in which case the tiers are prorated accordingly, and he could be collecting on Tier 2.

Either way, until Congress extends the benefits, there are no further benefits available to you at this time. Hopefully, Congress will get extend the benefits legislation soon. This proposed extension legislation does not add benefits but will extend your husband's eligibility dates to move to the next tier and time to collect the benefits remaining to him.

Here is a good overview of Texas benefits.

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/bnfts/extends_euc_eb.pdf (broken link)

As you can see, Texas also pays EB. At the moment, because of the expired legislation, they are not. But EB, should Texas reinstate it, would be additional benefits for your husband after he has exhausted Tier 3.

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon. Meanwhile, be sure to continue to claim. From the Texas pdf linked above:

Quote:
Continue to request payments after December 4, 2010. If Congress extends the EUC/EB deadline, we will automatically process your claim, mail you information about how much you could receive and/or send payments for any eligible weeks.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,185 times
Default 99 weeks?

My wife was laid off around May of 2009. She started collecting around this time but she went 2-3 months without any payments because of a glitch. In the beginning of this year she again had a glitch and missed 3 weeks.I don't think i am adding it wrong but i doubt she has 99 weeks if i add all her weeks. How do i tell if she has 99 weeks? Her last available extension was for $13,328 which was in the last extension,which was 2-3 months ago.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:52 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,169,275 times
Are you in Texas?
Weekly benefit amount?
Did she qualify for the full 26 weeks of regular unemployment? If not, all Tiers and EB would be pro-rated and total less than 99 weeks. Some states don't have a Tier IV, so someone would only get up to 93 weeks as a maximum. 99 is not the magic number for everyone everywhere.
Location, and whether you live in the State you are claiming from also matter, as well as the unemployment rate. You should look at each award letter for the number of weeks shown with the total award amount for Regular UI, Tier I, II, III, IV. The lump sum you gave should be divided by the weekly benefit amount to get the # of weeks.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,086 times
Keep in mind that if the unemployment rate drops below 8% at anytime while you are receiving Extended Benefits/EB, they will cut it off per letter received from TWC. Texas is currently 8.2% a/o December 2010. The EB is completely different from Tiers 1/2 and 3. You have to fax in your work search log each time your request payment or they will deny all benefits until you have worked at least 4 weeks.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 AM

9 posts, read 11,931 times
Im in colorado and my claim was until march 31 and it let me claim on cubline but they havent released my money for some reason..Will they still give it to me???

Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM

14,385 posts, read 19,182,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson19 View Post
Im in colorado and my claim was until march 31 and it let me claim on cubline but they havent released my money for some reason..Will they still give it to me???
Why are you continuing to ask the same question in three separate posts? Twice yesterday and again today?

Do you not read the responses on the threads on which you've previously posted? Or don't you know how to use this board?

I have answered you here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23931854-post35.html

and here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23934439-post7.htm

Click on the above links, read my responses, and then call your state. You need to recertify.

I would think by now - three weeks into April - you would have called your state to find out what is going on.

I have also sent you a DM in the event you don't find this response, either.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:00 PM

9 posts, read 11,931 times
Thankyou and srry bout all the post i just really needed to find out something...And I will keep trying to get threw to them i appreciate it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment