Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 10,086 times

Advertisements

It has been 5 weeks and I filed the weekly claim today and it said claim was accepted and to please remember that this week would be a witholding week? does this mean i am getting unemployment? if you look at weeks filed in the past it says payment wasnt made because there is an unresolved issue?? what does this mean??AHHHHHH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:29 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,899,264 times
So have you been receiving checks at all yet?

An 'unresolved issue' means you need to call them. Probably it means they need some information about your income or something. Maybe they think you are receiving severance pay or something like that. Or go down to the nearest unemployment office in person.

'Withholding week'? I'm not sure. AFAIK every state makes you be unemployed for one unpaid week before they start paying benefits. In my state it is called a 'waiting week' though. Maybe withholding refers to taxes? Although in my state they withhold an equal amount every week, not in larger amounts on certain weeks.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 13,559 times
dont worry, i filed unemployment this year for the first time for the state of oklahoma. In every state is very different. 1st, week that passes is a waiting period.<thats when the office is getting all your paper work done from every where you have worked. now make sure the last job you had did not fired you due to attitude, a fight(s), ect.. because that will affect you in qualifying for unemployment. If you did got kiked out of your last job, but you got laid off (thats good for starting). i believe they ask for atleast 1 or 2 documents (if needed). You then send the information they request imediatly.. if you have not gotten a : Monetary Determination for Unemployment Benifits (this is a paper where it has all your personal information, and at the middle of the page it gives you all the money you earned and the amout you qualify for and for how long youll receive it. To know more detail information about your case you should call 1 800-555-1554 or (405)962-7524 they take a while to answer just calm down and youll get answers. One more thing make sure that when you filed for unemployment you put the right address and phone or cell number, so they can contact you. You will receive a letter by mail.
good luck.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,996 times
Hi. I live in South Carolina. I first received a letter stating how much I could get each week and how much I had in total. A few days late, I received a call from a worker stating that based off of what I filled out, I needed to submit paperwork to them. I did that and I guess after a few more days, I received another letter stating that I was eligible and why but whenever I call my claim in, it states that I have an unresolved issue. Why is this? Was the second letter an approval letter?

Old 07-05-2015, 09:06 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Could be that you raised a NEW issue while you were talking to them on the phone. Happens with medical quits or firings because of attendance because of medical issues quite often.

Start by typing in the letter that tells you you are eligible and WHY, and maybe we can shed some light on what's happening behind the scenes. I hate when people think we are mind readers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment