Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:01 PM

5 posts, read 18,095 times

Advertisements

My guess is you wont get your deposit until wednesday I also normally get mine monday but its not even processed by unemployment yet so I dont think it will b tuesday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 04:43 PM

6 posts, read 62,012 times
Mine was supposed to be deposited on my edd debit card on friday august 29th, its is now monday (labor day) sept 1st, i sent out the information they needed from me, this would be my second ui payment, i dont understand how the holiday being monday effects me getting my ui payment on friday? or is it like this for everyone?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:48 PM

161 posts, read 492,780 times
lalal22 -

what information are you speaking of? Did you need to verify something? Did they send you a questionnaire or request for info?

The reason I ask is because if that is the case, you may be under the initial review and benefits on hold pending the outcome of eligibility .. otherwise, yes, all UI benefits are on hold until tomorrow - I am in NY and our payments have not been released -- they will be overnight/morning according to the UI Rep I spoke to Friday :-)

Old 09-01-2014, 05:05 PM

no homo, i think i love you joey, i live on my own and was recently layed off as of july 4th due to lack of work, really rely on it for my rent.

my sentence structure tends to be crap so ill re write it. Im in CA!

I have already initially signed up for UI and I received my first payment to the edd card last month towards the end of the month, with my edd debit card they sent me they also sent me a sheet to fill out saying what jobs ive applied for, and if ive started any new work or received any income during the first check and the next one, i sent that in when they told me to, and i was supposed to receive the 2nd check on the 29th of august, and panicked when it wasnt deposited on friday, and wasnt sure if it had to do with a holiday or i didnt do something right? i wasnt sure because labor day is monday and i thought it would come friday since they were open!

appreciate the info so much!

Old 09-01-2014, 05:10 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalal22 View Post
Mine was supposed to be deposited on my edd debit card on friday august 29th, its is now monday (labor day) sept 1st, i sent out the information they needed from me, this would be my second ui payment, i dont understand how the holiday being monday effects me getting my ui payment on friday? or is it like this for everyone?
There are several issues which could be causing the delay.

If you sent in a claim form reporting earnings, CA had been and may still be processing those partial benefit payments due to earnings by hand. You should not ever rely on regular payments on the same day as previously paid when you report earnings in California. Sometimes these claims are processed timely, sometimes not, sometimes you get followup claim forms telling stating you didn't complete the first form correctly, even when you did. Labor Day weekend doesn't help. EDD may have been short-staffed towards the end of last week, as well.

Also - CA often allows at least one payment on a new claim - even without an employer response. So, if employer has now raised an issue, that, too, could result in a suspension of payments pending investigation.

In either event - if yours is a regular claim or a claim reporting earnings - if you don't see payment by Wednesday, call EDD.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:12 PM

ahh ok!, i see, makes sense! so its not like a paycheck, its just whenever they complete the processing of the info i send it. great info! i honestly didnt know this

Old 09-01-2014, 05:26 PM

161 posts, read 492,780 times
lalal22--

Did your employer protest your UI ? This happened to me in July .. I received one payment, then the employer contested and I was put on hold with NO benefits for 3 weeks .. I sent in all my documentation supporting my Good cause quit, spoke to an Examiner 2 weeks later, and she found me to be eligible (decided in my favor) releasing 3 weeks' worth of payments at once.. then issued a Written Determination to the employer. .

This sounds like what COULD be going on with you now. If that is the case, expect a considerable delay in your payments -- I dont know how CA works, but in NY the hold is usually 3-6 weeks of no payments.

If it is something other than that you should be okay -- like Ariadne stated.

What was your reason for unemployment?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
ahh ok!, i see, makes sense! so its not like a paycheck, its just whenever they complete the processing of the info i send it. great info! i honestly didnt know this
lol - no, it's not a paycheck. CA tries its best to process timely, but CA also has a huge number of claimants, a new, very dodgy, computer software upgrade requiring a lot of hand oversight. Even regular webcert/telecert payments can be delayed. So, if you can, it's best to try to plan your finances worst-case scenario. If you run into real trouble, sometimes if you have an eviction or utility shut-off notice, you can bring that to a local one-stop, and someone there can release a payment. But, you want avoid that if possible, because there is still a few days' delay and there are no guarantees.

As I said, several variables. Conjecture at this point is pointless until you know WHY EDD didn't pay you on Friday.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:34 PM

reason for unemployment: laid off due to no more work for me, I have the exit interview sheet that my employer signed and i signed saying that I was layed off. So if that is the case sounds like im gonna have to be faxing some paperwork in to them. which is fine as long as they dont cut me off, best thing i can do is just wait until tomorrow.

the "one-stop" you speak of, what is that?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
reason for unemployment: laid off due to no more work for me, I have the exit interview sheet that my employer signed and i signed saying that I was layed off. So if that is the case sounds like im gonna have to be faxing some paperwork in to them. which is fine as long as they dont cut me off, best thing i can do is just wait until tomorrow.

the "one-stop" you speak of, what is that?
What employer says on exit interview and what it tells EDD can often be two different things. If you applied saying layoff, and employer says discharge, CA may want to look into it.

You can locate your local One-Stop, here:

Office Locator

Choose: America’s Job Center of California (formerly known as One-Stop Career Centers)

One-stops also have phone banks with direct lines to CS reps - but usually there's a 30 min. wait.

If you use the suggestions on last few pages of this thread, you shouldn't need to go to a One-Stop for ordinary Qs:

Tips for getting through to a live body @ California EDD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment