U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM

3 posts, read 24,162 times
Use this number. Hit "0" to keep holding. It's a direct phone number.

619-525-4995

Renzo
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 24,162 times
Smile EDD Direct Phone Number

Use this number. Hit "0" to keep holding. It's a direct phone number.

619-525-4995

Renzo

Old 08-07-2012, 09:37 AM

3 posts, read 30,577 times
I've been trying to get though for days....thanks for the tips.
I had a hostile situation with my last employer (not on my end...hes got issues) and he's probably fighting it. My phone interview was awful. The lady asked me a few questions and then said ok I have enough info, and hung up on me! That was on July 24. Been waiting since...

Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM

I just had the most odd and frustrating experience calling that alternate San Diego number. I kept pressing 0 for 15 minutes and then finally it got through (joy!!!) and then I sat there saying "Hello!?" for another 10 minutes while I heard all their calls and background noise and laughing and having a good ole time at their call center. It was like being butt-dialed. You can hear them but they can't hear you. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM

The Vietnamese line worked for me!!

She said I had marked that I was going to school, on my form (nope, I didn't, but maybe I made an error?) and that's why the delay. Now. Why would they be totally ok with putting it on hold and never let me know?!?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM

13,849 posts, read 17,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer73 View Post
The Vietnamese line worked for me!!

She said I had marked that I was going to school, on my form (nope, I didn't, but maybe I made an error?) and that's why the delay. Now. Why would they be totally ok with putting it on hold and never let me know?!?
They expect when you don't get claim forms or can't use webcert, you will call them if the claim is still active. CA has 2 million claimants. It doesn't babysit anyone, even if the problem is on their end.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 10,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
ACK4]This is for EDD in California...

How to get through to a live EDD rep on the Vietnamese language line...

800-547-2058
wait for message to pause, then press 6
wait for message to start, then press 7
wait for message to start ... then press 3
wait for message to start...enter SSN
wait for message to start...press 1
will hear music while waiting to speak to a rep

You will probably get through on the first or second try. Note: You must wait for the automated message to begin before pressing a number (though you do not have to listen to entire message before pressing the number...).

When you reach an individual (who will speak English), tell him/her you have been trying the English language line for X number of days and cannot get through. You have a pressing matter and would they please help? Be polite. Pretty sure they will take your call. Worked for me.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I had been calling for literally 3 weeks without any assistance and this Vietnamese line finally worked. I even called on a Friday afternoon which is when they say is one of the busiest times. I called and was hung up on a few times but with persistence (which I'm getting really good at, considering I've been calling for 3 weeks straight), I got through and spoke with someone very helpful. BE VERY FRIENDLY. I even looked on google translate to find out how to say "Hi" in vietnamese so they don't think i'm a total flake and totally wrong for calling. "Xin Chao, can you help me in English?"

Also, if you're like me and have been calling for weeks with no answer, you're probably wanting your unemployment backdated. Unfortunately they can't backdate it more than 1 week but that 1 week is very helpful to people like me! BE SURE TO ASK FOR YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT BACKDATED A WEEK -- THEY WILL NOT OFFER IT UNLESS YOU ASK!

Best of luck to everyone else!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:03 PM

13,849 posts, read 17,832,289 times
Found on another thread:
Quote:
Here's another direct number. 408-436-5606. It was given to me by an operator at the 619-525-4995 number. There's an extremely short wait on both of these numbers, and no recordings to listen to.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,849,204 times
I feel for all of you folks in CA. What a nightmare. But, God bless the people who have taken the time to post helpful information, you are angels of goodness. To the folks who have only tried 15 times, talk to the people who have tried 50-100 times and, finally, gotten through. Persistence and patience and a nonpissy tone when finally getting through....LOL.

These people who are trying to help are not employees of the State so, be kind. Good luck to all of you and I sincerely mean that. Great thread, I read the whole thing and I live in Florida, same problem.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,907 times
Unhappy Got through - at a price

Quote:
ACK4]This is for EDD in California...

How to get through to a live EDD rep on the Vietnamese language line...

800-547-2058
wait for message to pause, then press 6
wait for message to start, then press 7
wait for message to start ... then press 3
wait for message to start...enter SSN
wait for message to start...press 1
will hear music while waiting to speak to a rep

You will probably get through on the first or second try. Note: You must wait for the automated message to begin before pressing a number (though you do not have to listen to entire message before pressing the number...).

When you reach an individual (who will speak English), tell him/her you have been trying the English language line for X number of days and cannot get through. You have a pressing matter and would they please help? Be polite. Pretty sure they will take your call. Worked for me.

I didn't get my funds transfer notice on Tuesday night as usual, and my money wasn't in the bank on Wednesday. The same for today, so I used this method to call EDD, and got through within five minutes. They got confused on my claim form with my two part-time jobs.

But I don't know why, because I claim the income from each job when I work both of them...........

And my money will be in the bank tomorrow, too! Yes, it works!
So I tried this today and got through to a woman who said "This is the Vietnamese line" when I politely asked if she could help me in English, and then she hung up on me. Tried my luck again and got through again (to the same woman, boo). I did consider hanging up but it had already been half an hour of trying, so I didn't. Stupid me. She decided to help me "this one time", but said that they were making a record of my social in case I call them again on this line since I am "jumping the line" ahead of people who speak Vietnamese and its people like me who make the system think they need more Vietnamese speakers because of the high call volume but in fact its all of us not calling our proper line. I tried to tell her you can't get through on that one but she wasn't happy about it. So she did help me in the end, and answered my question. And she told me not to call again.

Here's hoping they don't report me and decide to just cut my EDD altogether
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment