U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,732 times
The 909 is for the Inland Empire. I called and got through without issue. However, they no longer assist people she said. I have been at it for three weeks and cant get through regardless of route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 PM

13,126 posts, read 16,010,948 times
What is an Inland Empire?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM

8,352 posts, read 10,932,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It's an area of California in San Bernadino County.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,677 times
Thank you a million times the vietnamese line worked for me on the first try after countless days of trying to get a hold through the english. I could kiss you right now

Old 09-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
It's an area of California in San Bernadino County.
Heh - sounds like something out of Star Wars. Only in California.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,160 times
Default It works!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djspf View Post
Everyone - I know your frustration! I've been working with the EDD on an issue to get it straightened out for two months and finally had to do an appeal which actually went in my favor!

Not to belabor the point - but if you want to get through to EDD's 1-800-300-5616 phone system and actually speak with someone - this is the REAL way to do it:

Get through the initial prompt and select your language (1 for English).

Select the option for 1099 - I know this sounds crazy, but do it. Wait for the long explanation - it takes about 3 or so minutes. Finally hit 0 (that's Zero!) to speak with someone - this works!

They will ask for your SSN - enter it - then verify that it is correct by hitting 1 (that's a One).

They will put you on hold.

****MOST IMPORTANT****Do not tell them that you have a problem with your claim or anything. Simply answer the questions they ask - which should be to verify your name, address, and birthday.

At this point they'll ask you how they can help you. This is where it gets tricky, but try and keep a level head and explain what is going on. They will probably say they can't help you with your claim but if you're lucky you will get someone who will say they can transfer you to claims - I've done this three times in the last few days - first time she was great and transferred me and got disconnected! The second time I immediately started talking to try and get her to help with my claim - DON'T DO THIS - see above - just answer the questions they ask. The last time I just answered the three questions - she asked me how she could help - I explained - she said she could transfer me to claims - I asked them to PLEASE not to disconnect me. Once I got to claims I asked again not to be disconnected - she said she had my number and would call me back if we got disconnected (I almost had a heart attack at that point!!!!).

Once I was connected to claims everything got worked out correctly.

I hope this helps you guys. I know this is INCREDIBLY frustrating for everyone.

Good Luck!!!

I found this forum through a google search and created an account just to tell you THANK YOU !!!! God bless you djspf !!!! Long story short, my boyfriend had some issues with his claim, missed his phone interview, and EDD halted his benefits for a month or more. It was nearly impossible for him to get through until he tried your tips. He got through to a live person today. Thank you Jesus!!!! I HIGHLY recommend everyone try this method. You WILL get through!!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,846 times
I have found the method used at Tricks to Get a Live Person at CA Unemployment - Get Though to the California EDD has worked for almost every person that has tried it. Check it out and see if it makes getting through easier.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,058 times
I just called this morning and I was able to overpass the welcome msg. Then I dialed "0" , I got the msg that the maximun number of people waiting has been reached. I called back right away, click 1, and 0 and right before the operator repeated the ** maximun # of callers ...... blabla bla ** I dialed *00* Twice ... and I was able to put myself on hold. WOW finally, at list someone will get my call.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Moving from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR521 View Post
I have been trying for days and just found this & it WORKED -

800-547-2058
wait for message to pause, then press 6
wait for message to start, then press 7
wait for message to start ... then press 3
wait for message to start...enter SSN
wait for message to start...press 1
will hear music while waiting to speak to a rep

Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,786 times
Default Worked for me 13-nov-2012 11:00 AM PST

Worked for me 13-nov-2012 11:00 AM PST
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment