Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 64,785 times

Advertisements

Thank you very much for posting the code that enables people to get through to the EDD via phone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 54,120 times
Holy mackrel!!! I have been trying all morning with no avail and the first time i tried this i was quoted a 4 minute wait!! Wow!!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 PM

8 posts, read 64,427 times
I have *THE* number to a direct agent. PM me for it.

They're extremely helpful, but to just check on your check status use the (866) 333- number so you don't clog the phone lines.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM

100 posts, read 291,609 times
We could not get through with the tips advice today. But it usually works. Last time I emailed it was 2+ weeks before I got a form reply that told me zilch.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 50,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
I did a search and didn't find this information on the board and wanted to offer it up. It only works for getting through to a live person at California EDD if you need to call them. However, I simply googled "cal edd phone numbers" and found the tricks immediately, so try it for your state too.

The Cal EDD number is 1-800-300-5616. When you dial, you'll hear one of two messages. One says "Thank you for calling . . ." HANG UP because it's going to tell you that there are too many calls coming in. The other recording starts out with "Welcome to EDD."

As soon as you hear "Welcome to EDD," immediately press either 1-3-0 OR 1-2-1-1-7.

I first tried 12117 this morning and didn't get through. A couple minutes later, I used 130 and, sure enough, I got through. I was on hold about 5 minutes, but I got a live body and resolved the issue.

I can't say that it will work every time, but it sure beats hitting redial every couple minutes.

Good Luck!
it works 100% .I first dialed 1-800-300-5616 then as soon as i heard Welcome to EDD i quicly press 1-3-0 and did not get through and i hang-up, a minute later i redialed and again as soon i heard Welcone to EDD i quickly press 1-2-1-1-7 .... seconds later a reprentative helped me and resolve my issue. And the girl who assists me was very very helpful,softspoken and very kind as well. thanks to thread and Simone (the representatives name) my days and weeks of anxiety is resolved in 5 to 8 minutes. Absolutely a must to try this for it beats, in my opinion, every options there is. Be patient on this one for surely you will have a positve result.

Last edited by robdog042; 12-24-2010 at 05:17 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 50,591 times
It worked!!!!

ok so the edd has a brand new telephone system. the old one had all kinds of cheats and ways to get thru faster so it wouldnt take all day. The new system provides absolutely no option to speak with a representative. none!!!!!! i was going absolutely bezerk so I googled while on the phone and found this site. heres what i did to get through........

called. got an answer and pressed 1 for english.
heard a long message about federal extensions.
when that was done you get a list of options that are complete crap. none will lead you to an operator.
I immediately pressed 1-3-0 all after eachother.
it then asked for my social and prompted me to enter my pin.
i did. it made me make a new pin. i reentered my old one twice and it took it.
then it told me some info and i pressed 0 and it put me on hold for the operator for about 2 minutes.
then i got through!!!!!

calling e.d.d is such a huuuuuuuge hassle that can literally suck hours out of your day so i am very happy to have found this forum and wanna say a big THANK YOU!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
Thanks for the info, I'll try it this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmira View Post
It worked!!!!

ok so the edd has a brand new telephone system. the old one had all kinds of cheats and ways to get thru faster so it wouldnt take all day. The new system provides absolutely no option to speak with a representative. none!!!!!! i was going absolutely bezerk so I googled while on the phone and found this site. heres what i did to get through........

called. got an answer and pressed 1 for english.
heard a long message about federal extensions.
when that was done you get a list of options that are complete crap. none will lead you to an operator.
I immediately pressed 1-3-0 all after eachother.
it then asked for my social and prompted me to enter my pin.
i did. it made me make a new pin. i reentered my old one twice and it took it.
then it told me some info and i pressed 0 and it put me on hold for the operator for about 2 minutes.
then i got through!!!!!

calling e.d.d is such a huuuuuuuge hassle that can literally suck hours out of your day so i am very happy to have found this forum and wanna say a big THANK YOU!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 53,437 times
Well your method didn't work I've tried calling over and over

Old 10-31-2011, 10:45 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
This thread is from 2009, and EDD changes their telephone system every year. I had to call to give them a change of address, and got through within five minutes. Just follow the instructions on the recording.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 48,788 times
Jimirma!!! Thank you...I tried for so long to get through, final I did what you said and it worked. I don't think you actually have to change your pin, you can just push the option that says check your payment and a t the end of that information it allows you to push zero for rep..

Awesome though, thanks again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment