U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-15-2009, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 17,305 times
Default Interstate unemployment insurance claim--GA

I'm a newbie to the whole UI thing, just entered my 1st tier. Any advice is welcomed! This forum is great--I've learned a lot just by reading and searching. I might get accepted into nursing school down in FL, so that's where I'd move from GA. I've also applied here in GA, just depends on who accepts me!

My questions regarding Interstate Claims:

How would I claim each week?
I'm in college, so not having to do the job hunting as long as I claim weekly with the college paperwork--would this change if I move out of state but am still a full time student?
Would having an interstate claim decrease my UI (tiers) because I'm no longer living in GA?
Any recommendations on questions I should be asking?

I've been trying for two days to get through to DOL and the Interstate Claims unit--no luck so far with contact busy signals. I can't even locate an address for the office for Interstate Claims so I can go there and wait to see someone. My local DOL has been SWAMPED the last two days--they keep farming me off to some supervisor's voice mail. Tomorrow I'll be able to actually go down there to the DOL office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 13,843 times
I'm also starting the process and I keep getting a supervisor's voice mail. I got a determination letter and even went on line to certify this Sunday. Still no $$. I've moved out of GA.

How did your process turn out?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:13 AM

600 posts, read 872,196 times
I went through this last year. I started my claim in GA in April 2010 and moved to CA in June. I then transferred my claim to CA (you still get the same amount no matter where you move though). It was definitely a pain in the butt. I was told I have to fill out some form, then I was able to do that over the phone (you have to call GA interstate claim unit (404) 232-3090). I believe there was a couple of weeks delay in my payments.
The number is almost impossible to reach. I actually sat there and redialed the
number non-stop until someone picked up. Good luck!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,732 times
How much can you earn and draw your SS at 62yrs/

Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM

13,849 posts, read 17,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lweaver1234 View Post
how much can you earn and draw your ss at 62yrs/
$15,120.
Quote:
we use a formula to determine how much your benefit must be reduced:
  • if you are under full retirement age for the entire year, we deduct $1 from your benefit payments for every $2 you earn above the annual limit.
    For 2013, that limit is $15,120.

Retirement Planner: Getting Benefits While Working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment