Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 12:12 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times

Advertisements

So I mailed off the application form for EUC Tier 1 extensions....my regular UI was exhausted with the payment of the benefit for last week.

They say to keep filing my claims even though it says balance of $0 now - will be interesting to see if I can do that with no glitches given the way their online claim system has been the last couple of months.

My question is for anyone that's been through this in WA - do they send you hard copy notification you've been approved or what? Does your "av. balance" just change when you go to claim? They don't really explain a lot of this stuff, just leave you to work it out for yourself.

As I ran out dec 19th but they didn't bother sending me a form early (got it dec 18th) there will definitely be a gap in payment of benefits - I'm assuming they pay it back to the 20th though.

Bad timing to have it around Christmas, but oh well...for now, it keeps a roof over my head , would rather have a job again - hopefully 2010 will be better for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Default No-one on Tier 1 with WA then?

Maybe no responses because of the holidays? - sigh

Old 12-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Hmm - Just got a "duplicate mailing" in the snailmail (which says to disregard it if I've already had the EUC app and mailed it off) and THIS notice states they will notify me by mail IF I'm eligible....... they have ALL my information - wouldn't they already KNOW if I'm eligible?

I dunno, I need to get one of these here guvmint jobs I think............

Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM

My first week of no income "incoming" - it sucks that they make it so there's a gap between the exhaustion of benefits and the start of EUC - why they can't use a file the EUC online is beyond me.

Not knowing how long before the EUC is approved or kicks in really sucks - it makes looking for a job that much harder when you are worried about having no money for gas or a roof over your head etc.

I'm still filing my claim as directed, so hopefully once it's approved I get paid for these no income weeks.

Anyone else in the same boat where the state makes you wait for extensions etc to kick in?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,249 times
Default Hiya,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
My first week of no income "incoming" - it sucks that they make it so there's a gap between the exhaustion of benefits and the start of EUC - why they can't use a file the EUC online is beyond me.

Not knowing how long before the EUC is approved or kicks in really sucks - it makes looking for a job that much harder when you are worried about having no money for gas or a roof over your head etc.

I'm still filing my claim as directed, so hopefully once it's approved I get paid for these no income weeks.

Anyone else in the same boat where the state makes you wait for extensions etc to kick in?
Im reading this and like that your updating your experiances.. I too am curious as to the lapse between benefits... My benefits will run out by the third week of Jan.

The WA website says it will mail out an EUC application packet 2 weeks before benefits exhaustion... I can see by reading your first couple of posts that I should just go down to the worksource office myself and pick up an application.

In anycase could you please keep posting updates as you are a few more weeks into this process than I.. and it would be a bit of a relief to see others in the same situation. I like knowing what to expect versus walking around in the dark.

I would also like to add that States like PA, and NJ actualy take initiative and file EUC weeks in advance FOR the applicants automaticaly.. no paper application dancing on the applicants part.. they just exhaust their benefits, and the next week EUC kicks in..

I think those types of systems are vastly superior to what WA has going on right now...

No offense to WA state, but an online application would be more efficient to what they are currently using.

*done with my tangent*

Thank you very much for the updates!

-Espi

Good Luck.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:31 PM

7 posts, read 23,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So I mailed off the application form for EUC Tier 1 extensions....my regular UI was exhausted with the payment of the benefit for last week.

They say to keep filing my claims even though it says balance of $0 now - will be interesting to see if I can do that with no glitches given the way their online claim system has been the last couple of months.

My question is for anyone that's been through this in WA - do they send you hard copy notification you've been approved or what? Does your "av. balance" just change when you go to claim? They don't really explain a lot of this stuff, just leave you to work it out for yourself.

As I ran out dec 19th but they didn't bother sending me a form early (got it dec 18th) there will definitely be a gap in payment of benefits - I'm assuming they pay it back to the 20th though.

Bad timing to have it around Christmas, but oh well...for now, it keeps a roof over my head , would rather have a job again - hopefully 2010 will be better for all of us.
Im in WA state...My benefits ran out on 12/2. I recvd the app. on 12/1. Mailed it in, I called, they recvd it on 12/8. I checked my balance online everyday...on 12/23 it showed a balance (16 weeks worth) and said a check for XXX.XX was mailed on 23rd (2 weeks worth). On 12/26 I recvd the check, it was actually 3 weeks of back pay.

Hope that helps!

My husband had applied for his in October and was approved in November (about 5 weeks for him)...However his balance was way higher than mine (our benefit amounts are very close to the same amount). His was 40 weeks worth, but mine is only 16 weeks. Not really sure what that means.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:06 PM

I have to wonder what they're thinking - making people wait 3-5 weeks with zero benefits coming in to pay for rent and food etc, while other states seemt to be able to have it tick over with no lapses in payment.

I got a "stub" today re my claim filed for last week to say no payment as my benefits have been exhausted and to wait for a mailing from them stating whether I'm eligible or not..........

Old 12-31-2009, 10:16 AM

Thanks guys - I just got off the phone with EUC hotline, they rec'd my app for EUC on 12/23 and it's in process - she said looking at it I am eligible but it is taking them about 10 working days to set up EUC claims at the moment, and to keep filing as usual and that as soon as the claim is set up it will trigger to release the payments for the unpaid weeks.

It sounds like they're actually making some progress as I managed to get through on the phone in less than 5 minutes compared to the other times I've called and never gotten through

Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM

So, here we are - 3 or 4 weeks later - my tier 1 EUC claim has kicked in and the funds have been DD to my bank - PHEW!! what a relief - first thing I did was call to landlord to come get the checks I owed him for those weeks (I am SO lucky to have an understanding landlord) - and now I can catch up and pay the electric/gas bills as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment