Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,143 times

Advertisements

Allways thought that if you follow the rules of life,go to school,work hard,take care of your family,and keep your noise clean when you turn 55 like I am thing should be looking up. But NO. Now I find myself woundering how am I going to make it.Unemployed. Behind on every bill. And no jobs to be found. What a person to do? I have a lot of good ideas,but no ones listning. Helppppp!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 11:36 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,171 times
Wish I knew the answer. As almost everyone in this forum is in the same boat, No jobs and no way to make the Mortgage after UI runs dry. I never thought I would be in this kind of mess either. Then I see another GMAC bailout today and get even more angry. Wheres the homeowner bailout for people that have made their payments all their life only to be facing losing everything because of a mess I didn't create!

Old 12-30-2009, 02:31 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
You both have every ounce of sympathy I can muster. Never have I dreamed that I would be one of the "chronically" unemployed, either, at 53. However, I am so much more fortunate than many people. I own a beautiful home with no mortgage and have almost no debt. No bills have been late. It's taking a lot of juggling to do this and makes me very nervous at times, but I realize I have so much, especially in these current economic times. I do a lot of volunteer work and keep hoping.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter White View Post
Allways thought that if you follow the rules of life,go to school,work hard,take care of your family,and keep your noise clean when you turn 55 like I am thing should be looking up. But NO. Now I find myself woundering how am I going to make it.Unemployed. Behind on every bill. And no jobs to be found. What a person to do? I have a lot of good ideas,but no ones listning. Helppppp!!!!!
I think you thought wrong. It's not like people shouldn't have seen what was going on -- after all this didn't happen overnight, how long ago was NAFTA signed? They've been sending jobs out of the country and allowing unlimited cheap labor immigration. They came right out and said we had to compete with the third world so surprise, we're doing that.

The American middle class is only wanted for it's consumerism.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Wish I knew the answer. As almost everyone in this forum is in the same boat, No jobs and no way to make the Mortgage after UI runs dry. I never thought I would be in this kind of mess either. Then I see another GMAC bailout today and get even more angry. Wheres the homeowner bailout for people that have made their payments all their life only to be facing losing everything because of a mess I didn't create!
Yes, and all GMAC does with the bailout money is build and open another maquila. They're making cars like crazy, they just don't need American workers making them. And people happily use the government $4000 handouts to buy up these vehicles made outside the country.

The shopping frenzy goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment