U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-15-2010, 05:03 AM

5,308 posts, read 9,145,067 times
Default tier 4 finished what happens with the six extra weeks for state of NJ?

how does one receive the last of tier 4? Do they just contact in mail as usual? People are now finishing up the last of tier 4. The 6 weeks were not included so how does this play out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,111,043 times
Default "up to"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
how does one receive the last of tier 4? Do they just contact in mail as usual? People are now finishing up the last of tier 4. The 6 weeks were not included so how does this play out??
Still looking for that handout, M? LOL!!! ***
Tier IV is automatic like all the other Tiers. Last week (2/13) was when Tier III ended for those who began Tier III as soon as it was enacted last November. However, a claimant that gets less than the maximum number of UI weeks due to pro-rating, could be totally done with Tier IV already. As with other Tiers, there will be a benefit determination mailed for Tier IV after reaching a zero balance on Tier III.

EUC Tiers prior to legislation passed in November 2009
Tier I (up to 20 weeks)
Tier II (up to 13 weeks)

EUC Tiers after legislation passed in November 2009
Tier II (1 week added - which is the 14th week)
Tier III (up to 13 weeks)
Tier IV (up to 6 weeks)

***inside joke for those who don't know

Last edited by wannabee; 02-15-2010 at 07:04 AM..

Old 02-15-2010, 08:50 AM

2,073 posts, read 5,471,678 times
My last claim for Tier III is Wed of this week. I guess we get a new determination for Tier IV (from previous post) which should come next week since my DD will be on Fri.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:11 PM

5,308 posts, read 9,145,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Still looking for that handout, M? LOL!!! ***
Tier IV is automatic like all the other Tiers. Last week (2/13) was when Tier III ended for those who began Tier III as soon as it was enacted last November. However, a claimant that gets less than the maximum number of UI weeks due to pro-rating, could be totally done with Tier IV already. As with other Tiers, there will be a benefit determination mailed for Tier IV after reaching a zero balance on Tier III.
EUC Tiers prior to legislation passed in November 2009
Tier I (up to 20 weeks)
Tier II (up to 13 weeks)
EUC Tiers after legislation passed in November 2009
Tier II (1 week added - which is the 14th week)
Tier III (up to 13 weeks)
Tier IV (up to 6 weeks)

***inside joke for those who don't know

thanks and yes I am milking it all the way. In fact I never plan on looking for a job!!!!! I am a true MILKER! After Unemployment ends I plan on milking my father, in laws, friends, anyone who can be milked.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:39 PM

230 posts, read 322,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
My last claim for Tier III is Wed of this week. I guess we get a new determination for Tier IV (from previous post) which should come next week since my DD will be on Fri.
I like hundreds of thousands of unemployed New Jerseyans are probably eligible for Tier IV according to the conditions as per the UI website. But just like previous extensions I am not counting on getting Tier IV.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:58 PM

3,814 posts, read 7,903,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
I like hundreds of thousands of unemployed New Jerseyans are probably eligible for Tier IV according to the conditions as per the UI website. But just like previous extensions I am not counting on getting Tier IV.
If you exhaust Tier III no later than Saturday, February 27, you will receive Tier IV.

The latest day you can start Tier IV is Sunday February 28 -- but even if you start on the last day possible, you will collect your full allotment (up to 6 weeks).

Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 PM

230 posts, read 322,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
If you exhaust Tier III no later than Saturday, February 27, you will receive Tier IV.

The latest day you can start Tier IV is Sunday February 28 -- but even if you start on the last day possible, you will collect your full allotment (up to 6 weeks).
My date to claim my final Tier III check is next Wednesday, February 24.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:06 PM

3,814 posts, read 7,903,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
My date to claim my final Tier III check is next Wednesday, February 24.
Your call-in day is not the determining factor. Unemployment weeks end on Saturday. That means you are claiming for the two previous weeks ending on the Saturday immediately preceding your call-in date. You exhaust your benefits on the Saturday before you call in.

In your case, if your call-in date is February 24, you are reporting for the weeks ending February 13 and February 20 (check your paperwork for the previous weeks -- you will see the dates for the weeks' end there).

Technically, you will have exhausted your Tier III benefits on Saturday, February 20 -- no matter what day of the subsequent week you call. That means you start Tier IV on Sunday, February 21.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:23 PM

2,073 posts, read 5,471,678 times
What number to call in NJ to check your balance? I just finished Tier III and want to check. I already tried a couple of numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment