U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-04-2010, 07:39 AM

6 posts, read 34,301 times
Default how long does Illinois unemployment last?

33 weeks initially, then the States extended benefits 16 weeks, plus another 4 weeks for a total of 53 weeks. Is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 09:21 PM

81 posts, read 197,653 times
Smile How many total weeks of Unemployment Benefits and extended benefits in Illinois

[quote=sharpie1;13150269]33 weeks initially, then the States extended benefits 16 weeks, plus another 4 weeks for a total of 53 weeks. Is this correct?[/quote

I did not see a response, can someone please answer this. Thanks

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 PM

3,814 posts, read 7,646,942 times
[quote=JANDJANDS;14039467]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1 View Post
33 weeks initially, then the States extended benefits 16 weeks, plus another 4 weeks for a total of 53 weeks. Is this correct?[/quote

I did not see a response, can someone please answer this. Thanks
As there has been no response since the OP posted this more than two months ago, I assume the OP found his/her answer elsewhere. Nevertheless, there is currently a maximum of 99 weeks available through state and federal unemployment insurance programs.

Regular benefits - up to 26 weeks
EUC Tier I - up to 20 weeks
EUC Tier II - up to 14 weeks
EUC Tier III - up to 13 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 6.0%)
EUC Tier IV - up to 6 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8.5%)
EB - up to 20 weeks (availability of EB varies from state to state; not provided by all states)

Not every state qualifies for/provides the full 99 weeks. Readers need to consult their local DOL website for current info about the benefits provided by their states.

In addition, based on the eligibility cut-off dates, individuals may not have the full four Tiers of federal benefits available to them.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:58 PM

81 posts, read 197,653 times
Default How long does illinois unemployment last, how many tiers and weeks

Quote:
33 weeks initially, then the States extended benefits 16 weeks, plus another 4 weeks for a total of 53 weeks. Is this correct?

I think there are five tiers, please elaborate if anyone knows.

thank you kindly,

JANDJANDS

Old 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM

19,618 posts, read 13,709,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDJANDS View Post
I think there are five tiers, please elaborate if anyone knows.

thank you kindly,

JANDJANDS
wishful thinking. there's only 4 at the moment.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 14,626 times
Exclamation newly unemployed with 2 wks left out of 26!

Quote:
I was laid off this past Jan 10, and my 26 weeks will be up soon. After looking for a job since then without any success, do you know what happens after this or are there any extensions available for me?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:22 PM

1,828 posts, read 2,743,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfr View Post
I was laid off this past Jan 10, and my 26 weeks will be up soon. After looking for a job since then without any success, do you know what happens after this or are there any extensions available for me?
You are going to need congress to pass an extension or depending on what state your in you may go to EB. If you are in Illinois I do believe your going to need the extension passed though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment