U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM
 
Location: NW Georgia.
285 posts, read 376,649 times
Reputation: 108
Default Unemployment Benefits: extensions after EB, part 4

Hello everyone. I'm starting this thread because the other got closed down. So please no arguing here. People need this thread to help them keep up with what congress and our senators are doing about the unemployment situation. As everyone knows tier 4 ended as of Feb 28th. I'm opening this thread for people to talk about that and to help pass valuable info to those who need it. Anyone as far as i am concerned can post here on the subject no matter what state their in. When it comes to unemployment we are all in the same boat no matter what state we are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
 
5,346 posts, read 1,412,735 times
Reputation: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA View Post
Hello everyone. I'm starting this thread because the other got closed down. So please no arguing here. People need this thread to help them keep up with what congress and our senators are doing about the unemployment situation. As everyone knows tier 4 ended as of Feb 28th. I'm opening this thread for people to talk about that and to help pass valuable info to those who need it. Anyone as far as i am concerned can post here on the subject no matter what state their in. When it comes to unemployment we are all in the same boat no matter what state we are in.
Thanks, I already had started part 4 of the thread but it shouldn't matter either way. I just hope people will stop trying to get this board shut down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 03:49 PM
 
Location: NW Georgia.
285 posts, read 376,649 times
Reputation: 108
I called my senators office again today. People,If you want another tier added you better start shaking the tree. I mean hard. I was told today that they were not receiving very many calls about tier extensions. If you don't start calling your senators you will be left out and it will be your fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
 
870 posts, read 889,620 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA View Post
I called my senators office again today. People,If you want another tier added you better start shaking the tree. I mean hard. I was told today that they were not receiving very many calls about tier extensions. If you don't start calling your senators you will be left out and it will be your fault.

That's why I've mentioned that so repeatedly, because of exactly what you heard them say. They are moved by the responses of their constituents. Let's take the lead. We already know that there are aproximately 5,800,000 on EUC and that stat is as of 1/30/10. It has surely increased since than:

As of 1/30/2010

Tier I 2526193
Tier II 1552128
Tier III 1649112
Tier IV 70442
EUC Total 5797875

Extended Benefits (EB) Total 206014

Of course since 1/30/10 many have exhausted a Tier and are already on the next Tier.


News Release
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM
 
199 posts, read 271,516 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA View Post
Hello everyone. I'm starting this thread because the other got closed down. So please no arguing here. People need this thread to help them keep up with what congress and our senators are doing about the unemployment situation. As everyone knows tier 4 ended as of Feb 28th. I'm opening this thread for people to talk about that and to help pass valuable info to those who need it. Anyone as far as i am concerned can post here on the subject no matter what state their in. When it comes to unemployment we are all in the same boat no matter what state we are in.

WELL TOMORROW FLORIDA UNEMPLOYED ON TIER 4 WILL KNOW IF WE ARE QUALIFIED FOR ANY MORE EB BENEFITS......IT WILL BE A VERY INTERESTING DAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 PM
 
Location: NW Georgia.
285 posts, read 376,649 times
Reputation: 108
I know i already said this once, But it burns me up that my state is sitting on 185 million dollars and they refuse to help the unemployed. Our unemployment is still over 10%. We worry while they do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
 
199 posts, read 271,516 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA View Post
I know i already said this once, But it burns me up that my state is sitting on 185 million dollars and they refuse to help the unemployed. Our unemployment is still over 10%. We worry while they do nothing.

WELL I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSS.....BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE I EVER USE ALL 20 WEEKS OF THE EB BEFORE....MAYBE 14 WEEKS THEN ALL OF SUDDEN I WAS ON A TIER....IT WENT BY SO FAST I DON'T REMEMBER COUNTING WEEKS AT ALL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM
 
870 posts, read 889,620 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
WELL I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSS.....BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE I EVER USE ALL 20 WEEKS OF THE EB BEFORE....MAYBE 14 WEEKS THEN ALL OF SUDDEN I WAS ON A TIER....IT WENT BY SO FAST I DON'T REMEMBER COUNTING WEEKS AT ALL

So you should have about 6 weeks left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 AM
 
Location: NW Georgia.
285 posts, read 376,649 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Man View Post
So you should have about 6 weeks left


Well, I wonder if this will help us? The ones who have went through all of there tiers and have fallen off unemployment all together. I don't think it will. I don't know why, But for some reason this link when i click it from here it gives me 404 page not found. But the link is right other wise?


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100309/ap_on_bi_ge/us_jobless_aid_taxes (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100309/ap_on_bi_ge/us_jobless_aid_taxe - broken link)

Last edited by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA; 03-09-2010 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2010, 07:06 AM
 
1,828 posts, read 2,862,597 times
Reputation: 595
Nope this is only for people like me who have not used up all their Tiers and EB. AT least I hope EB is included. Or I will be done soon as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top