U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2010, 12:21 AM

34 posts, read 57,627 times

Advertisements

I have been on unemployment for some time now, so I am quite used to the process. I file my claim early in the week and by the end of the week the funds have been certified and the bank has processed the funds and put it on my card. However this week the state has not released the funds for the bank to disperse to me. It shows I claimed but they have yet to release the money for this week.

There is a standard sign i see every week which says something to the effect of "failure to respond to questionnaires or to appear when summoned can result in delay or suspension of funds". I have not gotten any mail like this asking to fill anything out or appear anywhere. Of course something could have gotten lost in the mail, but I am wondering if anyone else from NY has had this problem this week?

I called the number at 4:45pm and got the recording to call during business hours mon-fri 8a-5pm! They shoulda been open, but turned the lines off early. Any help or experience with this issue would be great. Because of this I am going to miss my car payment.

- Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 12:40 AM

54 posts, read 60,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanswinter View Post
I have been on unemployment for some time now, so I am quite used to the process. I file my claim early in the week and by the end of the week the funds have been certified and the bank has processed the funds and put it on my card. However this week the state has not released the funds for the bank to disperse to me. It shows I claimed but they have yet to release the money for this week.

There is a standard sign i see every week which says something to the effect of "failure to respond to questionnaires or to appear when summoned can result in delay or suspension of funds". I have not gotten any mail like this asking to fill anything out or appear anywhere. Of course something could have gotten lost in the mail, but I am wondering if anyone else from NY has had this problem this week?

I called the number at 4:45pm and got the recording to call during business hours mon-fri 8a-5pm! They shoulda been open, but turned the lines off early. Any help or experience with this issue would be great. Because of this I am going to miss my car payment.

- Rob
yes, something strange is going on. I have been on for 59 weeks and they just extended me, but when I went to claim they never released it to my bank like they have before.

What happened with you, did you ever get your money?What did they tell you when you called??

Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,262 times
I'm having the same issue. I too, have been claiming for quite some time. I have a balance of $4,455 yet I think my benefits have been cut off until NY Gov makes up their minds. Meanwhile, I'm broke and the phone will start ringing any day now. I called the help line but couldn't get ahold of anyone. (surprise, surprise) and I had to schedule a "call back" which I doubt will happen. How can they just decide to *not* pay us, and not notify us? Do they expect that people won't be calling and their phone lines won't be tied up? I don't know about you guys, but I'm literally losing sleep (among other things) and having severe anxiety attacks over this. Notice that the media isn't really touching on this subject. You have to dig around on the internet to find others that are in the same boat....What is going on!? PS: I live in NY.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,053 times
August 15
It is eight weeks since I received any checks from the federal extension UI benefits. Since July 5 when the monies stopped, I have had to call and wade through many prompts and waiting times before I get to speak with someone. No two people gave me the same answer and every call was a different call center somewhere in the state. There never were two people on the same page with the information I received. From checks will be in your account next week to ooops, you have to file another claim, to woops you really did not have to do that. Recently, six weeks into a zero income, I spoke with someone at a call center who says he is a supervisor. He has been assisting me for now, although I have had to do all of the foot work. From entering duplicate claims in the other state to faxing information to the both states, to providing all of my income information week by week for a year.
The lastest finding, is that someone should have advised me to file in January to continue the federal extension when the initial 26 weeks ran out. Ooops. Job search: I have sent out literally over a thousand resumes and received only a handful of responses with interviews for part time, per diem offers. So I took one of them in the other state, (I live in NY work was in PA) which turns out to have set this debacle in motion. Such a remarkable time to find work. In 30 years I, like many others, have never experienced anything like this. I remain, hopeful.

I

Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanswinter View Post

- Rob
i've bee haveing the same thing happen to also ever since sandy hit ! last week and ths week i need my money my house got washed out maybe something down ??????

Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead77hd View Post
i've bee haveing the same thing happen to also ever since sandy hit ! last week and ths week i need my money my house got washed out maybe something down ??????
Yes, this happened to me this week and I'm freaking out (1/14/13). I claim it on Sunday at midnight and I have a balance left and the payment is always released by Monday morning. I never got anything in the mail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment