U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 12,184 times

Advertisements

I have a question. I have been laid off for a month now. Been filing for unemployment biweekly. Website says your claim has been processed. But no money. Called unemployment to find out whats up? They said they have no record of me working in PA. So i cant file unemployment here. Only in the other states i worked in. I told them i had incact worked here & where i worked, dates, etc. She said employer never paid uneunemployment on me & she couldn't do anything about it. Thought it was her job? Anyway i called my employer to find out whats up. Employer said they had infact paid unemployment & faxed me their copy of the receipt. Called uneunemployment back told them. They said i have to wait for a denial & appappeal it? What can i do now? Do i have to wait & for an official denial & appeal it? Have a hearing etc. This could be another month or more. Why won't someone just do there job & correct this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 06:25 PM

14,380 posts, read 19,160,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddave37 View Post
Employer said they had infact paid unemployment & faxed me their copy of the receipt. Called uneunemployment back told them. They said i have to wait for a denial & appappeal it? What can i do now? Do i have to wait & for an official denial & appeal it? Have a hearing etc. This could be another month or more. Why won't someone just do there job & correct this?
First thing you do is call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. Tell him/her
  1. you have proof that UI tax was paid,
  2. you need a name and fax number to to send it to them,
  3. you have a legitimate claim,
  4. you've been waiting a month and
  5. you need your money now.

Next thing you do is exactly as this poster did on this post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22723508-post3.html

When you contact your legislators, fax/email them a copy of the proof of UI payment.

PA is a total mess. You will wait 2 months at least to get this unsnarled unless you follow up persistently and on several fronts - the PA UE office and your state legislators.

Last thing you do is see your PA social services people about temporary help - food stamps, cash assistance, housing allowance - whatever until PA gets your benefits going.

Let us know what happens.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:56 PM

56 posts, read 104,516 times
Call unenployment and request a monetary investigation for missing wages. They will complete paperwork and submit it to your former employer to get a breakdown of your wages during the base year.

Never hesitate to ask for a supervisor if you need further clarifacation.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 12,184 times
Thanks. I called & actually have got someone who was willing to help. So i told them my story. He took all my info. & had me fax over everything. He said it should be straightened out in a couple wks. So we'll see.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 PM

"Straightened out in a couple of weeks" is not good enough.

Write your state legislators - unless you don't care when you get your money. Your claim is now at the bottom of a pile of other claims, awaiting "review." That can take months in PA.

NEVER assume PA will act in a timely fashion.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 6,043 times
i was recently fired for sales integrity, was denied benefits, i have filed an appeal and have a hearing on thursday, i live in pa, do you think i have a chance at winning

Old 02-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1015 View Post
i was recently fired for sales integrity, was denied benefits, i have filed an appeal and have a hearing on thursday, i live in pa, do you think i have a chance at winning
Post this Q on its own thread and provide more details. There isn't enough here to work with.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM

3 posts, read 15,407 times
For those of you in PA who have the "How long does it take after winning an appeal to get your back pay" question...

I had my hearing on 2/24, got the letter in the mail saying I won on 2/25. It's 3/8 and I've gotten 3 different answers from unemployment offices. First guy I talked to said wait about 2 weeks. Welllll, it's almost 2 weeks. So I called again today. First guy I talked to said it should only take max a week, and he sees that I won and he doesn't know why it's taking so long, but my paper work isn't going through their office so he gave me the number for the right office. I called them. Now this lady says what the last guy said isn't "necessarily true" because they have a lot of paper work and mail to go through and if I want to get my payments faster then I should fax them my letter of reversal. But why should I fax them the letter if I called the wrong office and that guy could see that my appeal was won?! Sheesh, what a hassle. People have bills to pay D:

Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseMikkiCan View Post
Now this lady says what the last guy said isn't "necessarily true" because they have a lot of paper work and mail to go through and if I want to get my payments faster then I should fax them my letter of reversal. But why should I fax them the letter if I called the wrong office and that guy could see that my appeal was won?
Do as you are told and fax the appeal decision.

In many states there is quite a lag between the actual decision and payment due to delayed communication downline. It is very common to wait months for benefits won on appeal. Anything you can do to expedite the process will help you. PA, in particular, is problematic in many areas. You need to be proactive if you want your benefits in a reasonably timely manner.

Fax the decision. Followup next week with a phone call. If necessary, fax the decision again. Get names, numbers, direct lines if you can. Be persistent.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 03-08-2012 at 02:40 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 15,407 times
Just like you said, I faxed the decision, waited a week, called again. Now this time they never got the fax (I don't have a fax machine, I have to go out and pay a $3 fee every time and that's a lot considering my -$42 balance in my account while I wait for this money) and they have no record of me winning the appeal so I need to refax it. This is incredibly frusturating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment