Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 AM

41 posts, read 82,243 times

Advertisements

Boston here, I am on my second week of Tier III w/o a check.
Last Tuesday 04/20/2010 I was told by an agent to to keep claiming and to call in two weeks if no checks were deposited.......TWO WEEKS!
I was also told told to ignore the message that I am getting when I claim, "Our records indicate you have no benefits on this claim, if you are still unemployed after saturday Feb 06 2010 and you have worked in the past 15 months, you may file a new claim"...............WHAT?

Are you guys getting a similar message?

Does anybody know any info. or experience with the transition between Tiers II to III? I was told by an agent in March that it would be automatic but..it didnt happen

Last edited by RolMA; 04-25-2010 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 AM

2 posts, read 16,454 times
Hi!
I know your having a hard time waiting. but be patient! They should be delivering checks in the next week! and.. if for some reason, you dont get one. you need to call back and speak with someone again! there are so many people unemployed.. I being one of them! Its been a tough road. waiting, wondering, waiting, waiting. I called them yesterday. waited close to 1 hour on hold. I jus wanted to know where i stood in my claim. i didnt even know what tier i was on. And the website shows my balance as zero. it has for a while! So after waiting , the kind guy told me i was on tier 3. and that i should just roll into tier 4. i only have 2 weeks left of tier 3. and to my surprise. tier 4 is 20 weeks! I figured it was only 6 or 10. I am struggling terribly to find a job! there is NOTHING out there. and i am over qualified for mcdonalds! GOd Spped and Good Luck! Just be patient! you will get your money!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 AM

9 posts, read 21,361 times
Hi, I am also from Massachusetts and I am on Tier #4. I didn't pay attention to the letters I received in the mail from unemployment until recently. You must have received them. They are the letters you get that show what you made each quarter and they will show what tier you are on. They will most likely be late and somewhere on the letter, if I recall, it will state that they are late. Mine said something like "This letter is late but by Massachusetts state law, we are required to send this letter". I think it's called the benefits awards letter. You should get one each time you move into a tier. I "believe" you should get one, so if you don't, don't panic.

On the top, look for something that says EUC I or ECU II or EUC III or EUC IIII Which tells you what tier you are on....either 1,2,3,4.

I had no problem moving from Tier 1 to 2 but I was delayed going from 2 to 3 and now I'm delayed going from 3 to 4. I need my money!!!!!

Good lUck

Old 07-30-2010, 10:50 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly7777 View Post
Hi!
I know your having a hard time waiting. but be patient! They should be delivering checks in the next week! and.. if for some reason, you dont get one. you need to call back and speak with someone again! there are so many people unemployed.. I being one of them! Its been a tough road. waiting, wondering, waiting, waiting. I called them yesterday. waited close to 1 hour on hold. I jus wanted to know where i stood in my claim. i didnt even know what tier i was on. And the website shows my balance as zero. it has for a while! So after waiting , the kind guy told me i was on tier 3. and that i should just roll into tier 4. i only have 2 weeks left of tier 3. and to my surprise. tier 4 is 20 weeks! I figured it was only 6 or 10. I am struggling terribly to find a job! there is NOTHING out there. and i am over qualified for mcdonalds! GOd Spped and Good Luck! Just be patient! you will get your money!
Tier 4 is not 20 weeks - it's 6 weeks. I think you've been misinformed by the agent on what tier you are on.

It's easy enough to work out on your own -

26 weeks regular
Tier 1 - 20 weeks
Tier 2 - 13 + 1 weeks
Tier 3 - 14 weeks
Tier 4 - 6 weeks

What was your original claim date? You can work it out from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment