Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 4,312 times

Advertisements

The whole story of me even being on unemployment is a big, frustrating joke.
But I will just post the latest in the story. Basically, I was approved benefits in January, but in March, previous employer appealed it. Went to hearing, previous employer asked for continuance, because they hadn't sent paperwork to me that they were supposed to have sent. Shysters tried to get one over on me and the TWC, by not sending the documents in time fro the continuance. They even lied, saying they had confirmation that I received them. Thank goodness I keep records of everything, including envelopes. I lost the first appeal because I didn't appear, due to not having the documents they were supposed to send me. I appealed that decision though, and faxed all evidence of previous employer purposely targeting me to lose my job.

I got the appeal, and previous employer didn't show up this time, I assume because they knew they were caught lying. Anyway, I just got notice on Monday that I won the appeal, and all previous judgment is to be reversed in my favor. It pretty much said previous employer was full of it, and that "Acts in response to an unconscionable act of an employer or supervisor do not count as misconduct."

I am wondering when I will get my unemployment again, and will it be full back pay for the last 6 weeks I was not allowed to collect? Also, does anyone know why they cut you off pretty much immediately when you lose appeals, but when you win, they drag their feet to give you the money back? I called yesterday, and TWC told me it's up to office in Austin to change my account to receive benefits again, even though it shows in computer that I won the appeal; TWC Fort Worth can't let me have my money. What!?!

Thanks for any advice..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment