U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 AM

305 posts, read 271,219 times
Default Can I assume that I'm on Tier 2?

My 26 weeks expired right around Christmas time. I called the Monday after Christmas, which was aorund December 28th. They rolled me into Tier 1. That would be 20 weeks from then to now, which by my math would run until May 18th. I called this morning and was able to claim successfully, and with it being June 5th - the deadline I'll assume I rolled over into Tier 2 the week of May 25th, otherwise I'd be denied, correct?

Just making sure.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 AM

112 posts, read 172,647 times
This is all so confusing isn't it? You could probably assume that you're in Tier #2 but the only way you'll find out is if you call them up and ask or go to the local unemployment office.

I am going to try to do the math.

Let's say December 28th you exausted your regular benefits
So you were put into Tier 1 for Jan Feb Mar Apr and some of May so there is 20 weeks
As long as you exausted your Tier 1 before the end of May (don't know the exact date but I'm sure people on here are much more knowleble on this than me) then you went into Tier 3.

So yes I think you are. Tier 2 has 14 weeks. You may think that's a lot of time but believe me it goes by very fast. I'd try if i were you to save some of that money because we don't know if we are getting any more extensions.

If they do allow the dates to me moved, you'd probably be eligelbe for 2 more tiers

Old 06-06-2010, 08:51 AM

305 posts, read 271,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNicerThanYou View Post
This is all so confusing isn't it? You could probably assume that you're in Tier #2 but the only way you'll find out is if you call them up and ask or go to the local unemployment office.

I am going to try to do the math.

Let's say December 28th you exausted your regular benefits
So you were put into Tier 1 for Jan Feb Mar Apr and some of May so there is 20 weeks
As long as you exausted your Tier 1 before the end of May (don't know the exact date but I'm sure people on here are much more knowleble on this than me) then you went into Tier 3.

So yes I think you are. Tier 2 has 14 weeks. You may think that's a lot of time but believe me it goes by very fast. I'd try if i were you to save some of that money because we don't know if we are getting any more extensions.

If they do allow the dates to me moved, you'd probably be eligelbe for 2 more tiers

I still don't know how EB works for Massachusetts, but I believe that's 20 weeks after the Tiers are exhuasted. Thanks for the info. I have to speak with a rep in two weeks to re-certify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment