Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 PM

194 posts, read 314,399 times

Advertisements

I think what he was getting at was many states are doing away with EB and he seemed to feel from what he is hearing at UI that the bill that they are trying to pass is probably going to not pass, but until that decision is made I'm on hold. When I asked when would I go on EB he said that you are in a tier that the a bill has not passed so you are basiclly stuck there until it's resolved. That is when he said it could be weeks then he staeted on the EB thing and said that is the way the system is set up. I just received a blue notice today telling me to call June 30th he says NO I will take it today and you will not be paid, then call on July 7th and that may keep on that that until a decision is made. Is this the way it works??

Old 06-22-2010, 02:00 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
I think you need to call someone else for further clarification (fwiw I think this guy you spoke to is a loon)

Old 06-22-2010, 02:06 PM

so I should get a EB now and not when this bill either passes or fails?

He asked me the reg questions that we answer when we file a claim, then he said I will get a new letter stating to call on july7th?

Is this totally incorrect because I will call again I just don't fell like waiting another hr today.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:29 PM

From what I understand with the way NJ works - if there are no more tiers available at the time you finish a tier they will review your claim and send you a letter regarding your eligibility for EB.

I seem to recall diorgirl saying NJ is still sending out letters that are confusing as they anticipated the deadline extensions would pass.

It can't hurt to call again and just tell them you're confused because of the date on the letter and the callin date you were given by the rep. Tell them you understood that you would be eligible for EB as there are no further Tiers available to you at this time. Don't mention his lousy attitude didn't help LOL

Old 06-22-2010, 02:31 PM

91 posts, read 177,187 times
Seems like there's a problem with EB everywhere, but at least NJ (where I have been receiving my unemployment) has it still and PA, where I live, does not. Since I got my last Tier 3 check last week, I only have 2 weeks of EB to look forward to. Would it be wrong to consider moving to NJ at this point (I have friends there who could put me up)?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:46 PM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwharff View Post
Seems like there's a problem with EB everywhere, but at least NJ (where I have been receiving my unemployment) has it still and PA, where I live, does not. Since I got my last Tier 3 check last week, I only have 2 weeks of EB to look forward to. Would it be wrong to consider moving to NJ at this point (I have friends there who could put me up)?
So you would get 18 more weeks if you move to NJ? If PA doesn't offer EB, how are you getting 2 weeks of it? Is that because you used 18 weeks of EB before? If you would get 18 more weeks of EB it would be worth it. Remember, on EB you have to go fill out job applications and send the info. in to UE. And if one of these places in NJ calls you with a job, you got to take it or be cut off from UE benefits.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM

128 posts, read 219,358 times
another small update, with a glimmer of hope; sort of

Senate Republicans suggest they'd accept some deficit spending on tax extenders - The Hill's On The Money

Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM

I called UI again and spoke with someone else, the deal is if you are in transition going from one tier to the next you are caught in the middle of this bill. ONLY after they decide what they are going to do will you move forward with either another tier or EB until then you are STUCK. She said there is still EB but we can't put you there until they say the bill has been shelfed, so I guess those of us in the position are in a waiting game no matter what they deceide. But it looks as though it may be a while before I see another dime.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
So you would get 18 more weeks if you move to NJ? If PA doesn't offer EB, how are you getting 2 weeks of it? Is that because you used 18 weeks of EB before? If you would get 18 more weeks of EB it would be worth it. Remember, on EB you have to go fill out job applications and send the info. in to UE. And if one of these places in NJ calls you with a job, you got to take it or be cut off from UE benefits.
Because the poster's UE claim is on NJ but they now live in PA, NJ only offers 2 weeks EB to claimants who now reside in a state that doesn't offer EB.

It's all quite legal and above board btw and I doubt some place in NJ will call with a job offer.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM

91 posts, read 177,187 times
Interstate claims in NJ only offer 2 weeks of EB. The rest is paid by the state you live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment