Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 10:25 AM

143 posts, read 225,074 times

Advertisements

wow this is on msn right now BREAKING NEWS: President Obama announces additional $400 million in aid to Gaza. And they can't help us unemployed in america?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM

600 posts, read 1,074,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jznomoney View Post
wow this is on msn right now BREAKING NEWS: President Obama announces additional $400 million in aid to Gaza. And they can't help us unemployed in america?
Comes out of a different part of the budget.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 AM

143 posts, read 225,074 times
I understand that, but they are always crying about how they will find a part in the budget to pass 4213. I am all for helping other after you help your own first.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jznomoney View Post
I understand that, but they are always crying about how they will find a part in the budget to pass 4213. I am all for helping other after you help your own first.
I agree with you, trust me. Unfortunately, it's not that simple (wish it could be though).

I don't like seeing that either, but the only thing you can do is write the White House/Media and let them know your frustrations.

The more people actually speak up and let the government know we're not dumb, we know what's going on, the better for us.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,973,430 times
Default HR 4213 Amendment to Extend COBRA Premium Subsidy

Earlier today Senator Robert Casey (D-PA) introduced an amendment to HR 4213 that would extend the COBRA premium subsidy to those who are involuntarily terminated from June 1, 2010, through November 30, 2010. The cost of the program would be approximately $7 billion.

This amendment would have no effect on those already participating in the COBRA premium subsidy program.

Because of its cost, this provision was cut from the House version of the bill to facilitate passage in May 2010.

Senate amendment would extend COBRA subsidy | Business Insurance
Ask the Career Expert: Get all your career questions answered - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 06-09-2010, 02:22 PM

199 posts, read 404,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
Comes out of a different part of the budget.

Yeah right....Obama has not done one blasted thing for us the unemployed lately but has some nerve in sending $400 million to Gaza a place that has been in problems must of our adult lifes and more....come on now and stop with the excuses....how can the POLIJOKIANS find MILLIONS of $$$$$$$ when it comes to foreign aid with no problems with either parties...but when it comes in helping the 300 MILLION unemployed AMERICANS it is always some bull ca ca.....and long delay

The next time they ask where the money is coming from for the unemployed: tell them the same place the 400 million dollars came from for GAZA.....each AMERICAN that is unemployed could of receive 1 million dollars out of that GAZA money and still the GOVERNMENT would of had 1 million for themselves.... houses save from foreclosure, small business on the rise, families being put back together and last but not least JOBS

Like I said before they don't want to help us one bit...I see many on here talking about fax or send letters.....what do you people really think(people in here don't have connections to the post office or the fax machine)...it all requires $$$$$$....please stop asking people to do so.....everybody feelings are not the same....is not that people have given up ....but they can see the bigger picture before you.....every month or two its the same old thing someone comes in here with a fax attack or phone attack.....but every month we are leave with the same thing again......ZERO/ZILCH

Moderator, I am not on here to attack anyone feelings at all...I just want all of us to be on the same page with this unemployment issue.....we need more weeks added for the people that are 40 weeks and more on unemployment an have not found a job....and for the new people that just started unemployment they need to get their rightful weeks without interruption every other month

Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
Yeah right....Obama has not done one blasted thing for us the unemployed lately but has some nerve in sending $400 million to Gaza a place that has been in problems must of our adult lifes and more....come on now and stop with the excuses....how can the POLIJOKIANS find MILLIONS of $$$$$$$ when it comes to foreign aid with no problems with either parties...but when it comes in helping the 300 MILLION unemployed AMERICANS it is always some bull ca ca.....and long delay

The next time they ask where the money is coming from for the unemployed: tell them the same place the 400 million dollars came from for GAZA.....each AMERICAN that is unemployed could of receive 1 million dollars out of that GAZA money and still the GOVERNMENT would of had 1 million for themselves.... houses save from foreclosure, small business on the rise, families being put back together and last but not least JOBS

Like I said before they don't want to help us one bit...I see many on here talking about fax or send letters.....what do you people really think(people in here don't have connections to the post office or the fax machine)...it all requires $$$$$$....please stop asking people to do so.....everybody feelings are not the same....is not that people have given up ....but they can see the bigger picture before you.....every month or two its the same old thing someone comes in here with a fax attack or phone attack.....but every month we are leave with the same thing again......ZERO/ZILCH

Moderator, I am not on here to attack anyone feelings at all...I just want all of us to be on the same page with this unemployment issue.....we need more weeks added for the people that are 40 weeks and more on unemployment an have not found a job....and for the new people that just started unemployment they need to get their rightful weeks without interruption every other month
Does typing in bold make the point come across better?

Who said you need a fax or have to mail something? You obviously can log onto the internet.........there are free fax programs online. There was a link to contact Senator McDermott about the Congressional hearing tomorrow. And here's an idea, spend some time and energy writing your complaint here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

I mean seriously, you're not telling us anything we already don't know in regards to people being frustrated. But like I said in another post, fuss and complain all you want, but if you're not doing anything to actually help the situation, I don't feel sorry for ya.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:33 PM

613 posts, read 960,535 times
Quote:

Who said you need a fax or have to mail something? You obviously can log onto the internet.........there are free fax programs online. There was a link to contact Senator McDermott about the Congressional hearing tomorrow. And here's an idea, spend some time and energy writing your complaint here:

Contact the White House | The White House

I mean seriously, you're not telling us anything we already don't know in regards to people being frustrated. But like I said in another post, fuss and complain all you want, but if you're not doing anything to actually help the situation, I don't feel sorry for ya.
I think this is a free country and if someone wants to ask someone to do something then they have a right to do so. The person has a lot of options when asked the question.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Contact the White House | The White House

Just please tell me when you are going to hit the streets and I will be happy to join you....as for the faxing, writing and phone calls....I AM DONE

RALLYS AND MARCHES....I am 100% behind

Old 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
I think this is a free country and if someone wants to ask someone to do something then they have a right to do so. The person has a lot of options when asked the question.

Thank You@ TruckDriver33....it seems like people on here have gotten ahead of themselves lately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment