Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Gremlins

`nuff said.
Just don't feed them after midnight . . . right?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:26 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
I remember sitting outside on my porch drinking coffee and suddenly i experienced a slight tremble, like the whole floor was shaking. It happened couple of times, then I've heard on the news it was a mild earthquake, and I'm in FL

Do you live near a train station? May be some heavy machinery went by? Anything can trigger shakes, may be your condo is settling, who knows. Did ya ask your neighbors if they had something similar happened? I'm sure there is a logical explanation for all of this.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:02 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Have you considered just moving? I mean I'm not saying I definitively know that something is going on or not, but if it's bothering you maybe it's not the right house for you.

Other possibility is similar to what Goodpasture said, contact a pastor. Or if by slim chance you're a Catholic like me get a priest.

(For the atheists among us he is clearly unnerved and thinks something is happening so even if you think a minister would be meaningless it could still be soothing. You sometimes have to deal with people as they are not how you wish they would be. Also I'm not into haunted house type stories myself.)

Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcon View Post
Well, I've always thought of Christian music as kind of corny, but i thought in this situation it might help. I'm not an atheist but I'm a pretty logical guy and so I don't consider any little noise or bump in the night as coming from the netherworld. But this has been such a batch of unlikely events all happening in a narrow window of time, that I find it very difficult to explain away, and it has definitely caught my attention. We also have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. So far she seems to be completely unaffected.

The "house" is really a 1000 sq ft townhouse with neighbors on either side. It was built in '83. I've lived there since '01 and never experienced anything out of the ordinary until recently.
The first thing I thought of was it may be the spirit of someone who died in the house, but since you've lived there so long, these things would have happened way before this. Do you know of someone who recently died? Someone who you were close to? First off, I would say, don't be afraid, because not all spirits who pay us visits are evil or demons. But there are some who are earthbound, which means they don't realize they have actually passed on and are in limbo... they go on about their lives thinking nothing has changed. They communicate with us, but if we aren't in tune with the spirit world, of course, we can't hear them, so they will use other means... like shaking things, flickering lights, etc.

I don't know whether you believe in our Heavenly Father or not, but if you do then ask Him to send you divine protection... especially since you have a toddler in the house... and to remove any and all spirits from your home.

It sounds as if you have had a couple of spiritual experiences... it happens a lot when we are in the dream state and either just falling asleep or waking up. Again, this may be happening because there is a spirit who really wants to communicate with you. If you or your wife know of any mediums, either someone who can feel the presence of spirits or who can hear them, find out if they would be willing to come by and talk to this spirit so you can get to the bottom of this. And by all means, whatever you do, let us know the outcome.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcon View Post
I was doing some research on the net, and it tells me that "poltergeist" type stuff is often associated with teenage girls?
Teenage girls huh? Could be your mid-life crisis!!

Seriously man, there's a perfectly natural explanation. I used to live in a house that I was lucky enough to purchase very cheaply because the owner was convinced it was 'haunted' and wanted to get out quickly. The windows rattled at 11am every morning. Turned out that it was nothing more than the shock wave from the 'sonic boom' caused by Concorde.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:20 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I think the ghost of Nikola Tesla is haunting you with his earthquake machines strategically planted around the house. That is the only viable explanation for this entire scenario, if you ask me.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:23 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I lived in a house once that was built on unstable ground...The railway and a highway were within four blocks. Every time a big truck went by a few things rattled, but when a train passed lots of stuff shook...We often had to straighten the pictures hanging on the walls when we lived there....Check your pictures, and that may give you a clue.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:33 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Oh... On a more serious note... At the turn of the 20th century and a little beyond, there were a large number of reported hauntings and things of that nature. A lot of people were either found dead a short while after reporting the hauntings or had actually eliminated the problem. What was happening was that heaters of various kinds were leaking deadly carbon monoxide gases into the homes. While people were sleeping, they constantly complained of a wide variety of happenings probably due to relevantly lower oxygen levels in the body with the addition of carbon monoxide. I remember reading that it only takes 400 ppm (parts per million) of carbon monoxide to kill a person.

The symptoms of someone with carbon monoxide exposure are often similar to those who claim to have suffered from hauntings. Just to be on the safe side, you may want to check and make sure that this is not the cause of some/all of your problems. It may very well save your life.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I wasn't really kidding.
For instance.......

"We investigate ghosts, hauntings and other paranormal activity nationwide through onsite visits and/or phone consultations"
Paranormal Investigation & Ghosts Hunting Experts Where the Ghosts are - The Society for Paranormal Investigation website: Dallas Washington D.C. New Orleans Units - Ghost hunting and paranormal Investigation

Old 07-11-2010, 06:30 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Are you in a single family home, or attached to others? My first guess would be you are attached, and something mechanical is vibrating.

As for no earthquakes in CO, there is some history, but nothing reported since '91. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. You might contact the local geophysical engineers about your experiences, and let them decide whether to rule it out.

In any case, regardless of the source, I don't think your experiencing a spiritual shake up, and should look to the sciences for your solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal