Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 PM

702 posts, read 3,144,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
Why are these pictures (and not just these, but all pictures I have EVER seen of UFO's) always fuzzy, unclear and impossible to really see? These days, with cameras what they now are, why can't someone get at least ONE clear, bright picture....? Just curious....
It hides the strings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,761,763 times
Default unidentified is a key word

UFO = unidentified flying object

They are pictures of “flying objects” but no one knows what the objects are, thus they are unidentified. Not all objects in photos should be considered from out of this world, but they should be considered unidentified until someone knows better what they are. I’m ok with these as long as they are continuing to be “flying” however my butt will be moving fast if they stop flying and start landing.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:52 AM

118 posts, read 463,803 times
Default That proves nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
There has never been one confirmed sighting by someone willing to take a polygraph! I worked in law enforcement for 25 years and not one person reporting a UFO was willing to take a polygraph. In the late 60's and early 70's there were many sightings in the city where I worked and also neighboring cities. None confirmed!
I was watching a program on the discovery channel the other night and there were several pilots and one (I forget which one) of the Astronauts who landed on the moon, now admit that the have seen UFO's.
Jimmy Carter has even reported a UFO, that he saw himself.
There have been many police officers who have seen and reported the UFO.
I know without a doubt, that what I saw was not of this world - and I don't lie.
Many people are leery of reporting seeing a UFO, a ghost or anything out of the norm because of the repercussions - just as there are many rapes that have gone unreported because the woman (or man) did not want to or could not deal with what may happen after they reported it.

Declining to take a polygraph does not indicate that someone is lying no more that refusing to take one when they are suspected of committing a crime.
Afterall, a polygraph is inadmissible in court.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Polygraphs and UFO's

Police routinely use polygraphs to eliminate people of interest in certain cases. While they are not used in court the polygraph remains an investigative tool.

I have to correct myself...one person did take a polygraph...

When a person (one case in particular) reports a UFO and then calls the newspaper first and the police second, it causes much suspicion. I asked the person if they were absolutely sure that it was a spaceship. She answered in the afirmative. I brought up the polygraph. She declined. I asked why and she said that she never lies, but won't take a polygraph to help the police.

Every case that we had, except one, had the people refusing a polygraph. Even the stories on TV all end up with no polyghraph. If I saw a UFO and everyone doubted my word I would ask to take a polyghraph! There is something wrong when no one will take one.

One person turned in what he said was food for the people on the space ship. It was analyzed and turned out to be dog food! One lady said that the spaceship was floating over her backyard and was only 20 feet from the ground. Her home was in a neighborhood with houses on lots that were 60' feet wide. All the lots had houses on them with people home at the time. The spaceship hovered and bent the trees in her yard. It stayed there for 10 minutes and then left. The trees went back to their normal condition. No other person saw the UFO. Two years later a spaceship chased her daughter home from school. Her daughter was actually late in getting home. The investigation later confirmed that she was with her boyfriend and used the UFO as an excuse.

Every case turned out to be unproven. Only one person that I know of, in our jurisdiction, took a polygraph...
and failed it. That is all I know. I can only speak of cases that happened in our community. The rest are stories on TV or in books.

Did any of the people that you spoke of, take a polygraph?

Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM

13 posts, read 39,026 times
Default Yes I believe in UFO phenomenon...

Yes I believe in UFO and extraterrestrial phenomenon. Intellingent life other than that of "our earth" and/or world is real in my opinion. I observed on December 3, 2007 at 5:35 pm above my head at an unknown but high altitude, a brilliant white circular light which in 5-10 seconds the light had diminished to the size of a grey colored dot/pinhead (whether gaining altitude or "dimming" its light - the circle grew smaller and smaller without hesitation) the craft floated 1 thumb length, paused and proceeded to float another thumb length until I lost sight of the object. All at an extreme altitude...Incredible. I believe.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:32 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,016,584 times
we've seen pictures of mars and , of course the moon,,well,earth must have looked the same, lifeless,,uninhabitable etc,,they say the earth is about 4 billion years old,,,and the earth has gone thru many many ice ages,,,many hard hitting huge asteroids/meteors, but i guess what im getting at, is we do know for sure,,the earth once was a very very violent place,, active volcanos, everywhere,,,and our landscape, at many times, has looked much like that of mars or the moon,,,yet,,, where did the trees come from??
not to mention life??

the universe is endless which is a hard concept for most of us,,, there may be a million "earths" out there,,again,,the universe is endless,,it doesnt stop,,

im sure there is alien life out there somewhere,,,

take a good look at james carville.......

Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,104,012 times
If we cannot prove UFOs are extra terrestrial we cannot prove they are not. I have a scientific, open mind and neither believe nor disbelieve the theories.

All that disinformation and the rumors about area 51 and Roswell just keep fueling both sides of this argument.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:07 AM

13 posts, read 39,026 times
A polygraph test? Why would an individual make a claim assuring what they observed was "real." A polygraph test is not going to prove UFO's exist anyway, or don't... but they do...

Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,209,366 times
Anything is possible! Who am "I" to say UFO's do or don't exist???

Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Default Why refuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknite View Post
A polygraph test? Why would an individual make a claim assuring what they observed was "real." A polygraph test is not going to prove UFO's exist anyway, or don't... but they do...
I agree 100% with you; a polygraph is not absolute proof of anything...BUT why refuse the test if you are reporting the truth???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal