U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:51 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,473,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm View Post
In 1963 along with two other people I saw a UFO in the Boston area.
Norm -

That might have been me skydiving, but, I've lost alot of weight since then. Sorry about the scare.

Seriously, do you mind telling us what you saw? I think many people see a lot of things they might be afraid to mention, for fear of rejection... or strangers making message board jokes... sorry about that, too...

Are unidentified "things" around? Sure. Aliens? Well, as someone mentioned, anything is possible, I suppose. Very interesting topic, but I wouldn't want to see one as one brave soul mentioned here. I've had enough "paranormal" encounters in this lifetime, thank you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 08:53 PM

653 posts, read 3,132,372 times
SURE......I believe in them. Along with the WMDs in Iraq!! You Betcha!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,695,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Norm -

That might have been me skydiving, but, I've lost alot of weight since then. Sorry about the scare.

Seriously, do you mind telling us what you saw? I think many people see a lot of things they might be afraid to mention, for fear of rejection... or strangers making message board jokes... sorry about that, too...

Are unidentified "things" around? Sure. Aliens? Well, as someone mentioned, anything is possible, I suppose. Very interesting topic, but I wouldn't want to see one as one brave soul mentioned here. I've had enough "paranormal" encounters in this lifetime, thank you...
Why don't you start a thread titled "paranormal things"...or something along those lines ???
I am so serious about this....because I had some as well, and I'll bet you so many others did too

Old 06-23-2007, 12:10 AM

1,956 posts, read 5,910,870 times
Default Photos?

Were any photos taken of this object? If the object was that large then even a cell phone camera or cell video would have easily taken a pic.

Or does anybody here have personal ufo photos to share with this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot

One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

An official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago appears in Pilot magazine.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, flying close to Alderney first spotted the object, described as "a cigar-shaped brilliant white light".

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23401615-details/'Mile-wide+UFO'+spotted+by+British+airline+pilot/article.do

Old 06-23-2007, 03:53 AM
sun

683 posts, read 1,964,459 times
There's been a lot more than pictures taken that serve as evidence of UFO presence. There's actually been chips removed from beneath the skin of humans that are not of Earthly origin. These have been taken from people who claim to have been abducted.
They are considered to be tracking chips, because the aliens often pay follow up visits to the abductees over a period of years sometimes.
Supposedly, some of the abductees have had some genetic material removed which was used to create a mixed human alien life form. When abducted again, the abductee is given a chance to have brief contact with their "hybred" offspring so as to complete the "understanding" about the previous encounters.
Multitudes of these stories have been stored away, some have been published, and often they are revealed through special investigations by UFOlogists working with medical authorities that use hypnosis and other techniques to try to determine the veracity of the abductee's stories.
There's always more stories about real evidence and encounters.
One book was named "Communion" by Whitely Striber, a multiple abductee who lived in upstate New York. Plus there's plenty of books containing evidence, some going back to the U.S. Air Force Project Bluebook investigations when the Gov't. actually investigated reports. But I thought that the project was closed down some decades ago due to the high number of reports, and the low priority given to continuing the project.
But many pilots, astronauts, police officers and civilians have had very close encounters with UFO's and their electro-magnetic interferences.
I guess the books just aren't as popular reading as they were when I was growing up and they could be borrowed from the library. There were plenty of UFO pictures published in magazines in those days too, from all over the world. And there were even places where the land was supposedly scorched from being landing sites.
In "Communion", the aliens had amazing abilites to temporarily paralyze their abductees by simply using their telepathic abilities of mind control, which is also how they communicate directly with their subjects, by simply using their minds.
There's the "Greys", which are the taller, administrative aliens with more authority, and smaller, worker aliens that are more like soldiers who carry out the orders. I think that anyone reading this gets the picture. They are described as being super advanced and not intent on hurting humanity in the classical sense at all, and may actually be trying to help us, if only simply by alerting us to their presence and abilities. If some of their equipment has been obtained by the Gov't. through accidental crashes as famous reports lead us to believe, then it may have even led to transfers of technology in the past.

Whew...that takes my memory banks back a long time!

And if anyone is interested, I recently posted some related info. about UFO's and the Bible from a book that I read over on the CD Religious Forum in a topic about evolution and human origin.

Quote:
There certainly is evidence of alien life. And believe it or not, there's even original language in the Book of Exodus that would support an argument that there was an ancient alien presence.

The evidence in Exodus consists of the original text used to describe the "pillars of fire" that described God's physical presence. The exact words were described in a book I read many years ago. There were two adjectives used to describe these pillars of fire, one was actually the word "column", and the other was the word "dish". So, what was translated into Pillar of Fire in English was either written as "Column of Fire" or "Dish of Fire" originally. This corresponds to the 2 main types of UFO's that have been sighted for generations and generations of people in Earth's skies, either belonging to the small disk (dish) shaped UFO's, or the much larger cigar (column) type UFO's considered to be the mother ships.
There are multitudes of pictures, film footage and eye witness accounts of both of these types of UFO's, and their shape differences. And it seems more than a coincidence that these descriptions have coexisted for so much of human history to have also been included into the Bible.
Also, the pillars of fire and pillars of smoke was described in Exodus as hoovering over the Red Sea when the Israelites fled from the Egyptians, and the Red Sea parted. Reading the account is like science fiction, the legs of the Egyptians grew heavy and the wheels of the chariots buckled as the walls of the Red Sea were held back and Moses passed through, while the Egyptians entered. Then the water walls caved in, and the Egyptians drowned at the hands of God, the pillar of fire. It reads like God was employing a strong anti-gravity type force to hold back all of the water, from His position in the air above.
And in another passage, the Pillar of Fire settled onto the mount and handed Moses the 10 Commandments not humanly crafted from stone, if I'm not mistaken.
Now, of course this is only someone else's theory, but it's based on more than just a hunch that life evolved from non-life without any evidence at all.
And God is said to work in strange ways, so why not utilize aliens as well as apes?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...lution-15.html

And the references in the Bible were really written there.
One Exodus detail that I failed to mention before was the Pillar of Fire that not only led the Israelites through the desert for 40 years, but feed them Manna daily as well. If I recall, God dropped Manna from the heavenly sky daily which the Israelites gathered from the ground and which helped sustain them for 40 years. It sounds like some nutritious & sweet tasting stuff! First He led them out of Egyptian bondage by parting the Red Sea, then He led & fed them for 40 years!
Now while so much of the Bible might not be "perfectly" accurate, too much of it has proved to be too historically accurate to ignore all of these details either. Particularly the references of God being represented by the different types of Pillars of Fire.
So very few UFO details are new, and continous references to them going back for so many centuries, including the Bible, should give us all a reason to pause.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...lution-16.html

Last edited by sun; 06-23-2007 at 04:44 AM..

Old 06-23-2007, 05:56 AM

18,348 posts, read 23,510,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
There's been a lot more than pictures taken that serve as evidence of UFO presence. There's actually been chips removed from beneath the skin of humans that are not of Earthly origin. These have been taken from people who claim to have been abducted.
They are considered to be tracking chips, because the aliens often pay follow up visits to the abductees over a period of years sometimes.
Supposedly, some of the abductees have had some genetic material removed which was used to create a mixed human alien life form. When abducted again, the abductee is given a chance to have brief contact with their "hybred" offspring so as to complete the "understanding" about the previous encounters.
Multitudes of these stories have been stored away, some have been published, and often they are revealed through special investigations by UFOlogists working with medical authorities that use hypnosis and other techniques to try to determine the veracity of the abductee's stories.
There's always more stories about real evidence and encounters.
One book was named "Communion" by Whitely Striber, a multiple abductee who lived in upstate New York. Plus there's plenty of books containing evidence, some going back to the U.S. Air Force Project Bluebook investigations when the Gov't. actually investigated reports. But I thought that the project was closed down some decades ago due to the high number of reports, and the low priority given to continuing the project.
But many pilots, astronauts, police officers and civilians have had very close encounters with UFO's and their electro-magnetic interferences.
I guess the books just aren't as popular reading as they were when I was growing up and they could be borrowed from the library. There were plenty of UFO pictures published in magazines in those days too, from all over the world. And there were even places where the land was supposedly scorched from being landing sites.
In "Communion", the aliens had amazing abilites to temporarily paralyze their abductees by simply using their telepathic abilities of mind control, which is also how they communicate directly with their subjects, by simply using their minds.
There's the "Greys", which are the taller, administrative aliens with more authority, and smaller, worker aliens that are more like soldiers who carry out the orders. I think that anyone reading this gets the picture. They are described as being super advanced and not intent on hurting humanity in the classical sense at all, and may actually be trying to help us, if only simply by alerting us to their presence and abilities. If some of their equipment has been obtained by the Gov't. through accidental crashes as famous reports lead us to believe, then it may have even led to transfers of technology in the past.

Whew...that takes my memory banks back a long time!

And if anyone is interested, I recently posted some related info. about UFO's and the Bible from a book that I read over on the CD Religious Forum in a topic about evolution and human origin.
agent mulder??

Old 06-23-2007, 06:05 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,771,769 times
Quote:
I believe there are more things in the universe than we understand. I am also not arrogant enough to believe that in all that vast universe we are the only intelligent beings (I use the word intelligent loosely)
Well put Northcountrygirl and if I could I would rep you BUT I must spread it around first.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM

18,348 posts, read 23,510,540 times
the universe is "endless" this is a difficult concept for us, to comprehend!
so, being endless, thier could be millions of earths or other civilizations out there, and why not??

we are quite arrogant to think that we are the only life in the universe,,we are but a grain of sand,,,on the largest beachin the heavens

Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 PM

13,905 posts, read 2,990,194 times
Beautifully put mainbrokerman. I would give you rep but just like everybody else I'm tapped out.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM

396 posts, read 1,513,271 times
Possibly, but aren't most of the Ufo's governement testing of military crafts? I am sure there is life out there. I don't think they have reached our world yet thou.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal