U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Chemtrails...reality or BS?
Reality 27 26.73%
Total BS 56 55.45%
Unsure... 18 17.82%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,177 posts, read 16,610,193 times
Reputation: 7953

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
I'm still waiting for the deniers to address:

Why 193 members from around the world sat around and then BANNED something YOU SAY doesn't exist. They didn't ban a conspiracy theory, they would of looked pretty stupid.
Deniers? LOL.

Anyway, they banned ALL geoengineering practices, and IIRC, gave a list of activities that would qualify under that label, right? Nobody said that it was being done - just that we shouldn't do it.

There's also a push against space based weapons, right? Again - it hasn't been done; they're just saying we shouldn't do it.

So there you go. Asked and answered. The UN ban (or call for a ban, or whatever) proves nothing.

 
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,177 posts, read 16,610,193 times
Reputation: 7953
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
There is nothing you can post that is going to change our minds.
There's your "peer review" right there, guys. UpNort speaks for everyone.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 PM
 
8,621 posts, read 4,859,859 times
Reputation: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That has sure been proven in this thread.

Just like the 9/11 conspiracy theorists, chemtrail conspiracy theorists have adopted a belief system instead of following anything that even slightly resembles the scientific process. They start with a conclusion, then seek out evidence that supports that conclusion, completely disregarding anything that doesn't fit their belief.

Case in point - I brought up the fact that the number of miles flown by commercial carriers more than doubled between 1987 and 2005 - right when some people claim to have started seeing an increase in "chemtrails." That fact went completely ignored by you, the cat lover and anybody else that's chimed in on your side of the debate.

You're completely correct when you say that you can't alter someone's "belief" with facts. You're living proof.
The pot calling the kettle black ... that's what this load of nonsense is.

Did you look at those alleged "contrails" that form a U in mid air? How many commercial airliners perform U-Turns in mid flight? How many non-commercial TANKER sized aircraft routinely fly in circles? Most heavy aircraft are destination bound, and fly from point A to point B ... and do not behave in this manner.

Furthermore, I posted video of a non-commercial aircraft actually laying the chemtrails .. you can watch it being turned off and back on .... and you can visually see that the supposed "contrails" are not coming from the turbofans ... meaning they CAN'T be condensation trails from the bloody engines.

This is factual information ... and you won't touch it. You are the one who ignores the facts, and then provides these straw man arguments about commercial air traffic doubling ... so what? What does that prove or disprove? NOTHING.

Facts:

#1 Video showing "chemtrail" being turned off and on ... that are not coming from the engines ... a close up video from the air, directly behind and at a slightly higher altitude than the aircraft releasing the dispersant.

#2 U shaped trails showing mid air 180 degree turns that DO NOT OCCUR with commercial flights

#3 Chemical analysis of the fall out just after heavy spraying

#4 Declassified evidence of similar activities in the past

#5 Patent with a drawing of the mechanism designed to disperse these chemtrails.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 05:58 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
2,806 posts, read 5,981,289 times
Reputation: 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
The whole argument is preposterous to anyone with an elementary knowledge of physics or chemistry.
Blanket statement.

Atmospheric Geoengineering: Weather Manipulation, Contrails and Chemtrails (Revised) | COTO Report

The above site explains that
At an international symposium held in Ghent, Belgium May 28-30, 2010, scientists asserted that “manipulation of climate through modification of Cirrus clouds is neither a hoax nor a conspiracy theory.” It is “fully operational” with a solid sixty-year history.

Would it make you skeptics feel better if we started calling them "persistent contrails" or...

– atmospheric geoengineering, weather modification, solar radiation management, chemical buffering, cloud seeding, weather force multiplication – toxic aerial spraying is popularly known as chemtrails.



It is of particular interest to me that the team of scientists who presented the 300 page report to the Belfort group did so anonymously...do you think maybe this is why it's difficult to find reports from accredited scientists on this subject? Because they might just meet an untimely death under suspicious circumstances if they speak out?
| OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS, more than two dozen of the world’s most esteemed microbiologists—all of whom were focused on combating bioterrorism—have died under questionable circumstances.

(above quote is from Concern Raised Over Suspicious Deaths Of 24 Bio-Scientists - JustGetThere )
 
Old 12-16-2010, 06:12 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
2,806 posts, read 5,981,289 times
Reputation: 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL...And if one is like chicken little and always crying doom and gloom...The sky is falling...It's most likely a chicken....
Are you really so incapable of having an original thought you have to resort to using other peoples' jokes?...Swagger and I already nailed that one, both quite wittily, I might add...but your version fell flat as a board, as per usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
By the way have you found that scientific evidence I asked for yet...Take your time, as I'm a patient man.

Chemtrails Captured on NWS Doppler Weather Radar: Empirical Proof of Spray Ops


Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
PS... Believing in something people tell you without evidence to back it up would be a lot more sheep like. Sort of like some religions. Scientology has a half a million members and is based on nonsense.
This I do agree with...ALL organized religion is nonsense as far as I'm concerned...but that's for another thread in another forum.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 4,258,800 times
Reputation: 1987
The atmospheric conditions were just right today for those vapor trails to turn into cirrus clouds and it made a nice sunset with bright pink, red and orange colors.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
29,465 posts, read 28,646,067 times
Reputation: 11879
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Are you really so incapable of having an original thought you have to resort to using other peoples' jokes?...Swagger and I already nailed that one, both quite wittily, I might add...but your version fell flat as a board, as per usual.




Chemtrails Captured on NWS Doppler Weather Radar: Empirical Proof of Spray Ops




This I do agree with...ALL organized religion is nonsense as far as I'm concerned...but that's for another thread in another forum.
Sorry, your link is an epic fail...I want empirical proof, not some site that says they have empirical proof, and give no valid references to any scientific peer reviewed study, but only to other conspiracy sites...Perhaps you do not understand how the scientific method works...You folks have already come to the conclusion that chemtrails are real, and are scrambling to find evidence to back up that conclusion....That is backwards to how science works.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 PM
 
19,217 posts, read 11,498,109 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry, your link is an epic fail...I want empirical proof, not some site that says they have empirical proof, and give no valid references to any scientific peer reviewed study, but only to other conspiracy sites...Perhaps you do not understand how the scientific method works...You folks have already come to the conclusion that chemtrails are real, and are scrambling to find evidence to back up that conclusion....That is backwards to how science works.
What kind of evidence would be satisfactory to you, classified documents?

I'll put a call through to Julian.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
29,465 posts, read 28,646,067 times
Reputation: 11879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
What kind of evidence would be satisfactory to you, classified documents?

I'll put a call through to Julian.
Do you not read? I just told the catlover what I'd consider evidence....A scientific peer reviewed study.
 
Old 12-17-2010, 02:29 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
2,806 posts, read 5,981,289 times
Reputation: 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
What kind of evidence would be satisfactory to you, classified documents?

I'll put a call through to Julian.
Yes, please do...because apparently the Doppler weather radar isn't "scientific" enough, either !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top