Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times

Advertisements

Actually I think it was either the History Channel or the Discovery Channel just had an hour-long show about that and the majority of the scientists, archaeologists and astrologists involved have found out that it was actually a small asteroid that destroyed both of those cities and a few others right along that path. So it wasn't God or Aliens it was a natural disaster from outer space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
So we have several different theories about what destroyed those cities.

I'm still waiting for a proper investigation into this. It strikes me as two ancient cities and a lot of ash or sulphur balls or whatever and some speculation about the relationship between them. It isn't the first time we've had over - eager writers with a trowel on one hand and Bible in the other leaping to conclusions about archaeological finds. It may be nothing to do with asteroids, aliens or God punishing sodomy at all.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:30 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times

YouTube - Ancient Alien Nephilim, Giants, Mutants, Genetic Engineering, and Hybrids (1-6)

How genetic engineering and cloning is linked to "aliens", and what these really are.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:37 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Found this interesting:

Perhaps one of the greatest mysteries and moral tales of the Bible is the swift and total destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, when an angry God supposedly rained fire and brimstone on a sinful and degenerate people — and wiped them off the face of the earth
While many classic and fundamentalists theologians point to these two leading, Bronze-age cities’ demise as a warning against and utter condemnation of homosexuality, I believe that there was another primary reason for the raining of destruction on these ancient cities and the total annihilation of their populations, with exception of a few members of one family.

Aliens — Not God — Destroyed Sodom and Gomorra (Part 1) - Last Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2010/12/aliens-not-god-destroyed-sodom-and-gomorra-part-1/ - broken link)
How stupid. Atheist will do damn near anything to discredit the God who banished Satan to Hell, destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, and flooded the Earth. He is a poweful God above all and can do all. No aliens required! Even after all the evidence of the dead sea and brimstone deposits in the exact location in the middle east where Sodom was, they REALLY have the nerve and audacity to discredit God for it and blame Aliens?! Lmao. Completely laughable and highly annoying. Man some people are really bumping up their wrath on judgement day. Like seriously. What the hell are you going to say to God when you meet him in person? That's why he said without Jesus, NO ONE will be able to stand. These people don't give a crap at all!

Old 05-10-2011, 09:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
How stupid. Atheist will do damn near anything to discredit the God who banished Satan to Hell, destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, and flooded the Earth. He is a poweful God above all and can do all. No aliens required! Even after all the evidence of the dead sea and brimstone deposits in the exact location in the middle east where Sodom was, they REALLY have the nerve and audacity to discredit God for it and blame Aliens?! Lmao. Completely laughable and highly annoying. Man some people are really bumping up their wrath on judgement day. Like seriously. What the hell are you going to say to God when you meet him in person? That's why he said without Jesus, NO ONE will be able to stand. These people don't give a crap at all!

Yes, because an invisible, omipotent Creator is SOOOO much more plausible than alien life. To be clear, I don't believe that aliens destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, either. However, I find it amusing that religious folks are the ones touting the existence of "evidence".

Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, because an invisible, omipotent Creator is SOOOO much more plausible than alien life.
Yes. We've all been programmed by our media, film, and television set to believe aliens are real - although the evidence shows they are interdimensional not intergalactic, their behavior models demonic activity, and can be linked to the Babylonian pagan idols. The annunaki "aliens"are the pagan babylonian demons mentioned in the Bible. Sumeria conquered Babylon ~600 BC. They kept all the babylonian god/demon names except the top one for political purposes. They changed Enlil or Anu to Marduk. These are the "annunaki." It's all verifiable by evidence. We still have the freedom of information to research these things. According to my research, this luxury won't last.

The elite of this world know exactly how to use the TV as their prime brain washing tool. We're all victims of this. Films going back for decades - Starman etc.

I think the alien generation is going to get what they want. That is very sad. Please start looking into this.

The only barrier of truth is presuming we already have it.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Yes, because an invisible, omipotent Creator is SOOOO much more plausible than alien life. To be clear, I don't believe that aliens destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, either. However, I find it amusing that religious folks are the ones touting the existence of "evidence".
Isn't constantly trying to disprove something with speculation worse than believing something with a history? They said Troy was a fairy tale, until they found it. They said David was a fantasy, until they proved he lived. They said Sodom and Gommorah never existed until they rediscovered it. Why is it that all the biblical prophecies have been accurate and all the cities that "never existed", do?

Considering that Satan is the Angel of Light and Air, that he is the great deceiver, what better way to shake up mans beliefs than to create an alien race (which doesn't exist) and have them replace miracles and wrath with UFOs and little gray men. Man is just a spec of sand, yet presumes to "scientifically" explain away everything. If man can't explain it-- through the science of man --it must not exist.

I want to see an alien land on the White House lawn. Until then, I'll stick with holding onto my belief that Jesus is my savior, and that anything which can't be explained is either angelic or demonic in nature.

Why is it that atheists can't be content just believing there is no God? Instead they are bent on making sure nobody else should either. Isn't that one of the reasons you hate religion? You want everyone to believe in nothing, which is pushing your beliefs on others. Atheism is just a negative imitation of religion with no end game whatsoever, rendering it useless.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-10-2011 at 11:41 AM..

Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Wow!! Really?! Have you watched the history channel lately!? There's a new documentary on Sodom and Gomorrah that was recently on. They went all the way to the middle east near the Dead Sea where Sodom and Gomorrah was said to be and found sulfur deposits and all kinds of drawings and carvings on the walls. It's on youtube if you want to watch it. I don't remember what it's called though. But I wasn't surprised by any of it. There's MOUNTAINS of evidence!!! You have to be keeping your head in the sand to reject it! Here's a link to something similar if your interested. These people went to the site of where Sodom is supposedly located and found staggering amounts of sulfuric balls and deposits in the walls of this ancient city.

Sodom & Gomorrah

Old 05-10-2011, 11:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
...Why is it that atheists can't be content just believing there is no God? Instead they are bent on making sure nobody else should either. Isn't that one of the reasons you hate religion? You want everyone to believe in nothing, which is pushing your beliefs on others. Atheism is just a negative imitation of religion with no end game whatsoever, rendering it useless.

I'm not sure who this is directed at, but I'm more than happy that you have your faith. I don't subscribe to it, but if you find peace/happiness that way, great.

So, sulfur is proof positive that "God" destroyed those two cities? Really? I'm far more inclined to believe that meteor strikes were the cause of the destruction of those cities (and the source of those sulfur deposits). Unless you're going to claim that "God" created the meteor shower and that was, in fact, the "brimstone" raining down from the sky.

Also, I stated that I don't believe that aliens destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. I simply stated that they probability that aliens exist is at least as high as that of an intelligent Creator. So, the odds of aliens destroying those cities are at least as good as "God" doing it.

Oh, and I'll believe in God as soon as he lands on the White House lawn, as well.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Actually I think it was either the History Channel or the Discovery Channel just had an hour-long show about that and the majority of the scientists, archaeologists and astrologists involved have found out that it was actually a small asteroid that destroyed both of those cities and a few others right along that path. So it wasn't God or Aliens it was a natural disaster from outer space.
Isn't that contridictory? The Bible says "Then The Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah - from The Lord out of the heavens. Thus He overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in those cities - and also the vegetation in the land."

This sounds like asteroids falling from the sky, doesn't it? Considering they've found massive amounts of melted sulfur in the area believed to be Sodom and Gommorah, I'd have to believe the scientific evidence only strengthens the biblical accounts. It's only taken 3500 years for science to catch up to the Bible.

Quote:
So, the odds of aliens destroying those cities are at least as good as "God" doing it.

Oh, and I'll believe in God as soon as he lands on the White House lawn, as well.
Is there an account of aliens destroying those cities? There is an account of God destroying them. Speculation is never on par with historical observation. Let me know when you find a 3500 year old document with accounts of alien ships and death rays.

I'm sure God will land on the White House lawn just to apease your need for him to. Laughable at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal