U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,703,761 times
It's ok, not a problem, just the culture of this board. We asked for a "spiritual" section but it was not in the cards.

I hope someday there is a place to share this stuff with people who can appreciate "alternative" perspectives.

I am very grateful 20Years did start this thread . . .it was good to see the other pictures.

I think more than the "rational" arguments it is the minimizing of the "invisible realms" that is discouraging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM

7,495 posts, read 2,952,839 times
Just out of interest, does everyone here believe that the images of orbs have only been captured by cameras , but not the naked eye?
My point is, that I have seen orbs with my own eyes on a number of occasions and at different locations, none of which fit the criteria for the theories that have been previously mentioned.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:28 PM

I have never heard of this but think it is most interesting! It might be akin to seeing "auras."

Can you explain your experiences or give some detail?

Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 PM

7,495 posts, read 2,952,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I have never heard of this but think it is most interesting! It might be akin to seeing "auras."

Can you explain your experiences or give some detail?

Yes, alright I will.

Firstly. it is not odd for me to have paranormal experiences, I have even been accused of leaving spirits behind when I have stayed somewhere, or just visited.

I have seen an orb just hovering in my living room while I watch TV, not near the TV, just inside the curtains that were closed.
In the same room, in daylight, I have had one pass right across the room in front of me and then disappear.
While staying in a caravan, I had one hover past me, between me and my suitcase, that I was looking into at the time.
There have been other occasions, but none so noteworthy.
These are not dust particles, they range from about half inch across, to maybe four inches, and are very bright.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM

24,281 posts, read 17,232,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Do you think that orbs that appear in photographs are spirits or souls or some other type of afterlife energy?

If not what do you think they are?

20yrsinBranson
This is the OP. There is no attack happening here, at least not by me. I am just telling you what I, the evidence, and most other people think orbs are...In other words I'm answering the OP's question.

Here ya go...You can believe this is a spirit, but I believe it's an insect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFUCo2XUbM

Old 01-16-2011, 05:55 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,463,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is the OP. There is no attack happening here, at least not by me. I am just telling you what I, the evidence, and most other people think orbs are...In other words I'm answering the OP's question.

Here ya go...You can believe this is a spirit, but I believe it's an insect.
And duly unprofessionally concerned for and done. Must everything in Science be reduced to language for the purpose of heaven spilling out it's indifference? Now that was professional , but badly interpreted (by me).

What insects?

Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Not sure what the point was of posting a video of a moth flying around. It definitely has no characteristics of an "orb."

Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM

I think that in Buddhism self-creation can be discovered. Basically that was the opinion of Koestler in the "Roots of Coincidence". But creation from the realized creator not possible. It would require a postulate for putting the observer meaningfully independent of the dynamics.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM

What the heck does that have to do with orbs?

Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM

Pictures themselves are not much for the co-incidence of observer and observations made. But planning a picture taking session may. Thus the energy phenomenon is from the original creation of the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal