U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:33 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,794,217 times
Oakie doakie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM

7,089 posts, read 8,096,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I believe they are angels or protective guides or spirits. That's my PHILOSOPHY.
No, that's your theory, a philosophy would give an explanation about how they get there.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:54 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,794,217 times
Philosophy - Definition

My belief in orbs as protective spirits or guides, is part of my PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY (the whole of which you are not privy to).

Who are you to "correct" people?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM

14,716 posts, read 16,896,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I find it interesting that the culture at CD is to debate everything. In other words, there could not be a thread on orbs, in which people who believe orbs are energetic images could discuss their experiences, post their pictures, etc.

Instead, it has to be a debate of the superior ego - who has the most "rational" argument that dust SOMEHOW infiltrates digital photos on a random basis - even when the lens is wiped clean . . .

I actually have a photo of an orb that I recently took and it is amazing, but I would never post it here because for me, the picture has spiritual significance and I would not allow it to be desecrated by the super-rational egos hell-bent on interfering in other people's sacred beliefs and practices.
You make good sense imcurious. Not all posts, even "controversial" ones need to end up in polarized debate. Especially in a scenario when no one really and truly knows for certain what the answers are.

I have an orb photo that I took just two nights ago. In fact, I took several shots in quick succession and only one of them have the orb. Since it is 20 degrees outside, I am reasonably certain it was NOT a bug being reflected on the lens.

I do not pretend to know what the object is, where it came from or what having it appear in my photo means. But I am open minded enough to realize that mankind with all his hubris and chest-thumping does not yet know ALL of the secrets of the universe and that the possibility that this apparition could be a spirit is just as valid as any other possibility.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 PM

14,716 posts, read 16,896,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Just out of interest, does everyone here believe that the images of orbs have only been captured by cameras , but not the naked eye?
My point is, that I have seen orbs with my own eyes on a number of occasions and at different locations, none of which fit the criteria for the theories that have been previously mentioned.
It is proven that all matter vibrates at different frequencies. My theory is that orbs vibrate at a very, very high frequency and cannot be seen except by very few people. And cats. My cat saw the orb clearly. The reason I went to get the camera in the first place is because the cat clearly saw something I did not see. It was a hunch that paid off.

Historically there have been people who have been able to pick up different frequencies. People who are mediums, psychics, clairvoyant, clairaudient, people who have spirit guides, etc., are all people who are able to do this. Perhaps even the guy who talked to God and brought back the ten commandments (Was that Moses? I can't remember)...maybe he was picking up a higher frequency spirit guide and not really "God" at all.

Heaven only knows....

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 PM

24,366 posts, read 17,419,003 times
Sorry to burst your bubble but there are quite a few insects including some moths that fly at sub freezing temperatures. As a matter of fact many have a much better control of their body temperature than any mammal has.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 AM

7,637 posts, read 3,006,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It is proven that all matter vibrates at different frequencies. My theory is that orbs vibrate at a very, very high frequency and cannot be seen except by very few people. And cats. My cat saw the orb clearly. The reason I went to get the camera in the first place is because the cat clearly saw something I did not see. It was a hunch that paid off.

Historically there have been people who have been able to pick up different frequencies. People who are mediums, psychics, clairvoyant, clairaudient, people who have spirit guides, etc., are all people who are able to do this. Perhaps even the guy who talked to God and brought back the ten commandments (Was that Moses? I can't remember)...maybe he was picking up a higher frequency spirit guide and not really "God" at all.

Heaven only knows....

20yrsinBranson
You’re probably right on both counts.

There are things that I can’t see, but my baby Daughter could when she was really young. She used to wave and chat to someone, that from where she was looking, seemed to be standing right in front of her, but I couldn’t see it.
At the time she wouldn’t even wave at me or my partner, so it was really odd.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 AM

18,193 posts, read 15,429,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I have to agree with Sans. In fact the irrational and closed - minded view is the one that takes any unexplained event, effect or phenomenon and fits it into their own particular prejudice, whether ghosts, UFO's or a religion and then says, effectively:
'Can you explain this? If not, I must be right.'

We then come up with explanations - we don't know, but they are possibles - and this is dismissed with the most cavalier air as 'frantic...explanations'.

What do you have as an alternative? 'I believe..angelic beings.' Not even an explanation. Not even a mechanism. Just wave a wand and produce fairies.

Of course you have a possibility out of many but that doesn't even approach believability.
I prefer to say, 'Can you explain this? If not, I may be right."

Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 AM

18,193 posts, read 15,429,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Interesting...I was not able to access the exif data, but I assume that the shot was taken using a very low shutter speed, so the most likely explanation is from light reflecting off an insect flying by.
It may be an insect or it may not be.
I was using a 35mm camera with 400 or 800 speed film (don't remember the exact speed).

Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM

2,864 posts, read 1,442,029 times
As aProfessional Photographer by definition (Someone who gets paid to take photos) (Which I have in the past) I can tell you that ORBS did not exist in photography until the advent of cheap plastic lenses and disposable/compact cameras in which the lens and the flash are too close together. If you notice, most ORBS come from point and shoot cameras.
The same thing that causes REDEYE in the Film allows particles of dust, bugs or anything to reflect back to the plastic lens which being mass produced cheaply in CHina, is full of anomalies.

That being said, I have one I took in a museum (supposedly haunted) That I cannot explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal