U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-29-2011, 12:43 AM
 
Location: earth?
7,290 posts, read 5,329,638 times
Reputation: 8956

Advertisements

dust under a microscope - Google Search

Please click on the above link and view the google images for "dust under a microscope." I did not see any perfectly symmetrical, round images . . .
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2011, 12:54 AM
 
4,113 posts, read 4,767,726 times
Reputation: 1809
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
dust under a microscope - Google Search

Please click on the above link and view the google images for "dust under a microscope." I did not see any perfectly symmetrical, round images . . .
Somehow I don't think a person would be taking too many photos with a microscope to find "orbs". What makes you think "orbs" would have to be perfectly symmetrical and round?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,961 posts, read 18,553,357 times
Reputation: 9891
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
dust under a microscope - Google Search

Please click on the above link and view the google images for "dust under a microscope." I did not see any perfectly symmetrical, round images . . .
Of course not...The images are in focus....I don't know why you are not getting it, but an irregular object has to be badly out of focus in order to appear round. Not only that, if they are close enough they appear slightly transparent.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 AM
 
Location: earth?
7,290 posts, read 5,329,638 times
Reputation: 8956
Many of you keep saying orbs are nothing but specks of dust. I was curious about what specks of dust would look like under a microscope - no one said anything about anything in or out of focus - now you are just getting silly. The photos of orbs are "in focus" - and the orbs in the pictures are perfectly symmetrical and many are round if not oblong. They don't have ragged edges.

I googled "dust under a microscope" and came up with the images I linked to . . . your "explanation" is pure B.S.

Nice try.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 01:33 AM
 
Location: earth?
7,290 posts, read 5,329,638 times
Reputation: 8956
orbs - Google Search

Above is a google image search for "orbs." Notice the symmetry and maybe do some reading . . .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 03:29 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,961 posts, read 18,553,357 times
Reputation: 9891
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Many of you keep saying orbs are nothing but specks of dust. I was curious about what specks of dust would look like under a microscope - no one said anything about anything in or out of focus - now you are just getting silly. The photos of orbs are "in focus" - and the orbs in the pictures are perfectly symmetrical and many are round if not oblong. They don't have ragged edges.

I googled "dust under a microscope" and came up with the images I linked to . . . your "explanation" is pure B.S.

Nice try.
No, my explanation is correct...Perhaps you might take the word of people who have actually researched orbs, although I doubt it...You have your mind made up that something easily explained and quite ordinary is supernatural.

When the light (reflected as highlights from dust and the like) travels through the camera lens it is usually circular because that is the shape of the aperture. So, in fact, all orb shapes are defined by the aperture; it's just that the aperture is usually circular, but in the cases of some cameras in some circumstances they are not.

This site will answer other questions you may have as well. Are Orbs Paranormal? The Rational Evidence: The Orb Zone

paranormal photos analysing ghost photos ASSAP
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: earth?
7,290 posts, read 5,329,638 times
Reputation: 8956
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, my explanation is correct...Perhaps you might take the word of people who have actually researched orbs, although I doubt it...You have your mind made up that something easily explained and quite ordinary is supernatural.

When the light (reflected as highlights from dust and the like) travels through the camera lens it is usually circular because that is the shape of the aperture. So, in fact, all orb shapes are defined by the aperture; it's just that the aperture is usually circular, but in the cases of some cameras in some circumstances they are not.

This site will answer other questions you may have as well. Are Orbs Paranormal? The Rational Evidence: The Orb Zone

paranormal photos analysing ghost photos ASSAP
I read both of your links - a lot of speculation - no science, nothing convincing.

I do not personally believe orbs are "ghosts," but angels or spirit guides. There is a difference.

The first link had a sentence that said that sometimes the apertures are round, but sometimes not and on some cameras at some times, the effects vary . . . the second link mentioned a flash. I think I have said I have captured orbs without a flash, so that theory is down the drain.

We will obviously have to agree to disagree.



Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
 
6,036 posts, read 4,721,058 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
A lot of it is just particle dust.
Yep, dust. Especially prevalent when a flash is used in a dark room. Any airborne dust close to the lense will appear to glow.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 02:09 PM
 
Location: earth?
7,290 posts, read 5,329,638 times
Reputation: 8956
What is your explanation for orbs that appear when a flash is not used?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 02:16 PM
 
6,036 posts, read 4,721,058 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's ok, not a problem, just the culture of this board. We asked for a "spiritual" section but it was not in the cards.

I hope someday there is a place to share this stuff with people who can appreciate "alternative" perspectives.

I am very grateful 20Years did start this thread . . .it was good to see the other pictures.

I think more than the "rational" arguments it is the minimizing of the "invisible realms" that is discouraging.
Why try so hard to find a mystical explaination for something when a rational, proven explanation exists? What is the purpose of denying reality?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top