U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 AM

3,748 posts, read 6,120,096 times

Advertisements

Merc retro can be a good thing. However at times it can be a downright pain.
I have noticed that when Merc retro is happening in a sign that is packed with natal planets (or there is some other less compounded explanation) that it can be a big challenge.
I have lots or Virgo and Capricorn action but zero in Taurus. In 2010 all the retros had been in earth signs (just as this year is all fire and year after that all water...etc.) Taurus was uneventful but Virgo was a kicker for anything in communication (well, duh! Merc rules Virgo and im a Virgo Asc). I had a job working with electronics (my electric Uranus is in Virgo) that are communication devices - boy did they act tempermental. My 2 department co-workers- Virgos. So I wonder about the personal energies added have some influence. What Im getting at is had NO-ONE been Virgos or have any heavy virgo placements, would the equipment have been less tempermental?
And When Merc was in Capricorn, (both hubs & I have capi sun&merc) both vehicles had issues that were hard to chase down but simple fixes. But it took all of the retrograde to work it out.

Now, I promised info about the whole Sun/Moon mid-point attraction indicator and I finally got around to getting it published and got back here and remember to post the link.
So, Here It Is
Enjoy! If ya have questions, I'll see ya here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 02:30 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,440,632 times
I have worked with midpoints before and haven't found any use for them. Is there any meaning you can get from them?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:53 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,801,222 times
I have some interest in astrology. Not keen on the math/science approach in general.
I am Virgo--'the perfect one'

lol

Brought up by 2 people obsessed with perfection from religious beliefs--almost destroyed by that --I don't think it had much to do with planetary alignment---it's possible. I know my mother --Pisces--is truly a fish--very religious/spiritual person--her family was also very 'strict' and she was the first child--the good girl--smart and kind and all that a woman should be--'
The Perfect Mother'--who becomes overly involved and cares too deeply.

I think people are more influenced by 'nurture'/culture but 'nature'/genetics plays a role. 2 stubborn parents played a huge role in my life. 'A Man and A Woman'----not a good match. That is my theory----the differences between the sexes--not that interested in knowing more about that.

Men and women should be able to know if they are compatible without so much angst. I know I can 'tell' fairly easily---lol--but then I am 'Perfection' in all ways ---brilliant and excel in every way. If you only knew---given the chance I would just sit on a beach---never do a thing.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 AM

3,748 posts, read 6,120,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I have worked with midpoints before and haven't found any use for them. Is there any meaning you can get from them?
The Sun/Moon midpoint in a natal chart is the only one I have studied for a natal chart.
Other than that I have only used midpoints to create composite charts.
Composite charts are used for relationships. It does not express how two people interact with each other, rather more the overall dynamics of the relationship. A composite chart is read much like a personal chart but with the focus being the 'personality' of a relationship.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,799,698 times
Great thread, I didn't know was here. Must have been on my hiatus from CD.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 PM

18,586 posts, read 23,126,842 times
I enjoy Astrology and I have always wanted my chart done by a competent astrologer. All I know is that my Sun is in Libra, Moon in Virgo, and Pisces rising. I am very familiar with my sun sign, Libra.
I am very much a Libra.
How do those other signs change the traits of Libra?

Also, and this is very strange, my late MIL, despised me. She had an idea about the perfect mate for my DH and it was not me. The thing is, she and I share the same birthday!
Beyond my dislike of this woman, I can see some things that we had in common - a love of decorating our homes (VERY different taste) love of family, devotion to partner, and many other usual Libra traits.

However, in her; these Libra traits were hyperbolic or distorted. Love of family, was turned into the desire to control.

diplomacy - into manipulation. Love of beauty - hatred of those who do not conform to her narrow vision of beauty, including extreme racism.

In fact every Libra trait that could be positive was expressed in a horrible or extreme way by this woman.

I was once told that she is an "Afflicted Libra" - not sure what that means.

Is is Astrologically strange that we share a birth date and that she hated me with a vengeance and that I married her son?

Could Karma or reincarnation be involved?

Another odd thing - this woman was an extreme right wing fundamentalist Christian and she HATED anything like Astrology, Tarot Cards etc. She thought that they were "of the devil"

Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 AM

Sheena,

I don't know anything about reincarnation or certain its something I believe in.

Afflicted means against it true nature or negative aspect in the chart. Every sign will express its negative traits to some degree.

You can share a birthday and be nothing alike due to the overall chart, Rising sign (calculated from time of birth), Venus, Moon, Mars placements and the 12 houses.

You've got a blend of Air, Earth, and Water...good balance. Pisces and Virgo are Mutable signs, they're changeable and tone down some of the cardinal dominant qualities. Virgos are no nonsense and can be outspoken.
Picses adds to your creativity and interest in the unknown, Astrology, Tarot, Paranormal. Knowing a little about you the Virgo moon explains, your chosen field and choice in Vegan/vegetarian foods, but Virgo and Pisces have vices too. As a Virgo, I know I'm quirky and fussy.

Libra's one of the Cardinal signs. Two Cardinal signs are going to have differences and butt heads, even peace-loving diplomatic Libras. They're usually dominant in a charming way and always well spoken.

MIL...Could be she was jealous of your relationship with her son. Some mothers can be that way and she had trouble letting go. So, she may not have liked anyone he married. Would be interesting to know what was in her chart. If you know your husbands moon sign, that will tell you.

The Pisces Rising is where your intuitive psychic sensitivity comes.

Moon in Virgo aids in processing, examining, expressing the psychic intellectually, ie, card reading. Virgo moon indicates your mother was dutiful, but possibly aloof. Gemini 4th house, represents you father, no strong ties.

If you wanted to do some googling second house is Aries, 3rd Taurus, 4th Gemini and so on thru the 12 houses. Planets in a house (Venus sign, Moon sign and Mars sign and so on) give it strength. You have Pisces in the 12 house, collective conscious, hunches. Jupiter is the luck planet. Check your Jupiter placement

You didn't mention Mars placement.

Tijlover is skilled in Astrology. He can add to what I've posted and funny too.

Last edited by virgode; 03-27-2012 at 12:37 AM..

Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 AM

You are spot on about my mother being very reserved and aloof! I never knew that the moon sign could tell you so much about someones mother, but it does make sense when I think that the moon represents the feminine aspect, and the sun, the masculine.

Could you recommend a website where I could quickly obtain the information that you asked?

Much Thanks! ~ Sheena

Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 AM

P.S. - I know for sure that she would not have liked any one that my husband brought home. Even if he permitted her to hand pick his wife there would have been problems.
She liked "plain" and subservient women who were rather drab and mousey. She did not want any daughter in law to outshine herself or her own daughters.

The rejection and pressure that she put on us was horrible. At 22, a year after my mother (who was pretty cold, but loving and dependable) died of cancer, I met this woman and hoped that we would have a good relationship. It was not to be. It really hurt at the time.

She exerted a huge amount of control over her family and extended family. I really have never met such a domineering woman. Her control and ability to distort issues, and create problems while coming out "smelling like a rose" was almost preternatural.

P.S. I get along well with Virgos!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 PM

Post your calculations Sheena, I contacted TIJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal