Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times

Advertisements

Hello Nan- I can't recall what I had been thinking before, bit after re-reading, it feels that your reply covers what I may have said. So, with that- I'll share some other things about your placements.

Sagittarius Ascendant with Mars in Capricorn:
Outwardly you are a happy go lucky type. People like to be in your company because you are a light, a warm energy that makes them feel good. Sag rising, supported by Mars, which is exhausted in Capi, you are one for personal and social freedoms. You have an integrity that is stronger than most and that is honorable. You can be quite the sharp-shooter, calling things as you see them- and more often than not, you hit the bulls-eye. Not much gets past you and this bothers some people, they can envy you for this quality, it is intimidating.
You can be anxious and restless, especially over the things you have no control over. However, in situations where you do have the ability, you are quick -but cautious- to take advantage of such opportunities. Sometimes you can see things coming before they are a reality. Trust your intuitions!

Earlier in our discussion, physical appearance is mentioned. I found an old book while unpacking with some information on Ascendants and looks.
Now remember, this is general- the specifics are tweaked by Sun placement and chart rulerships. However, I am curious to see how well these descriptions match. (I'll be adding other rising sign descriptions as my time allows).

For a Sag Ascendant - tall & slender, well made figure that has a tendency to stoop (old book...lol) oval face and rounded forehead, expressive light colored eyes, clear complected, brown and reddish brown hair- for men mostly, can lend to baldness near the temples mostly....has tendency to stamp or scrape feet....'scrape' I figure means drag heels.

Now your Moon in Aries- hot! Assertive! And goes well with your Sag Ascendant but can be quite the challenge. Aries is the baby, needy, helpless at times. A baby works on a level of 'the basics', Aries says 'I Am'- so just like a baby, Aries Moon is just beginning to explore 'who' they are. Children's actions are fueled by emotions and not logic. With the moon being an emotional planet, and the 'I Am' that is Aries, you are very connected to your emotions. This connection does not imply understanding per say, or control, it just means that you are very aware of those emotions be it good or bad.
Like Sag, Aries is quick tempered, passionate and impulsive/active. You should be wary of acting from an emotional place in haste. Take a breath and add some Capi logic to the mix before you do any knee jerking.
Like a baby, when you have a need, you KNOW it and you will whimper, coo or 'cry' to have that need taken care of. Of course I am not saying you actually throw a fit -but probably have at some time in your life- but you where standing up to what you felt was right, and 'got away with it'!*
This is where being honest with yourself is a must. Self reflection creates growth. Hopefully you have come to that place where you can stomp your foot or butt heads in a mature and controlled manner.
And question- do you suffer from headaches? Especially when emotionally distraught?

Myself- I get sleepy, totally drained. I'm a Capricorn Moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:01 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Tobias C: You're only one day behind me in birth date (disregarding the year part of it, of course).
You and Tobias are completely different animals. Catman: where did that come from? Peeking into your placements there's Mercury and Venus in the Cat/Lion sign Leo. Moon in Libra. Mars in Virgo the workaholic.

If you and Tobias came together, you had better be wearing your raincoat, as he'll splash water on you, and he's got lots of water to splash about. I can't imagine anyone coming within Tobias' world and not getting a little wet. An inner tube would be highly recommended.

Last edited by tijlover; 02-17-2011 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-17-2011, 12:23 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post

My father was a scientist and a psychic. And from what he taught me about the foundation of scientific study...astrology IS science.
Sun and moon in workaholic, Cardinal (leaders/directors/control freaks) Capricorn, right? And you have a keen interest in astrology?

I have been fooled, many times, with people's interest in astrology, after I've looked at their chart. There may have been nothing but left-brained placements, yet they took an interest in astrology.

Your father teaching you astrology IS science explains this better. Question is, alone, uninfluenced by father, you think you would have eventually taken an interest in astrology?

I've met people who's parents were interested in astrology, and given the parental influence factors, it explains it better why this particular person believes in it.

When delineating anyone's chart, you can't overlook parental influences, culture, religious influences in altering a chart.

Map out a chart of a Muslim woman in the Middle East, with their arranged marriages, and You could do the same with any number of Mormon women.

I'm also Cardinal, double Cardinal: Sun Aries/Moon Capricorn. And when it's been said that Cardinal's are the my-way-or-the-highway-signs, I wish I could disagree!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-17-2011 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
That's very interesting, TIJ, I'd never made that connection before with astrology and "left brain" folks. But it makes a lot of sense, as Astrology is also one of the few "occult" arts that's such an ancient yet wide-ranging "system", where one can actually choose among taking the more right-brained "intuitive" approaches, such as say, Karmic, Health, Predictive, Horary, Symbolic or Jungian Astrologies.... or else the more left-brained "linear" ones, that emphasize all the more "formal", "traditional", "structured" (and Cap) themes, such as Angles, Aspects, Midpoints, Dignities and such.

And I hear 'ya re: the my-way-or-the-highway side of Cardinal signs (of which I are one myself). Although I suspect that we "maternal" Cancer folks probably prefer to think of ourselves as more the "benevolent" Dictator types (LOL)!

Last edited by mateo45; 02-17-2011 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: spell..

Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,402,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Hello Nan- I can't recall what I had been thinking before, bit after re-reading, it feels that your reply covers what I may have said. So, with that- I'll share some other things about your placements.

Sagittarius Ascendant with Mars in Capricorn:
Outwardly you are a happy go lucky type. People like to be in your company because you are a light, a warm energy that makes them feel good. Sag rising, supported by Mars, which is exhausted in Capi, you are one for personal and social freedoms. You have an integrity that is stronger than most and that is honorable. You can be quite the sharp-shooter, calling things as you see them- and more often than not, you hit the bulls-eye. Not much gets past you and this bothers some people, they can envy you for this quality, it is intimidating. ~~ SO true...
You can be anxious and restless, especially over the things you have no control over. However, in situations where you do have the ability, you are quick -but cautious- to take advantage of such opportunities. Sometimes you can see things coming before they are a reality. Trust your intuitions! ~~ I really need to do that more

Earlier in our discussion, physical appearance is mentioned. I found an old book while unpacking with some information on Ascendants and looks.
Now remember, this is general- the specifics are tweaked by Sun placement and chart rulerships. However, I am curious to see how well these descriptions match. (I'll be adding other rising sign descriptions as my time allows).

For a Sag Ascendant - tall & slender, well made figure that has a tendency to stoop (old book...lol) oval face and rounded forehead, expressive light colored eyes, clear complected, brown and reddish brown hair- for men mostly, can lend to baldness near the temples mostly....has tendency to stamp or scrape feet....'scrape' I figure means drag heels.

Now your Moon in Aries- hot! Assertive! And goes well with your Sag Ascendant but can be quite the challenge. Aries is the baby, needy, helpless at times. A baby works on a level of 'the basics', Aries says 'I Am'- so just like a baby, Aries Moon is just beginning to explore 'who' they are. Children's actions are fueled by emotions and not logic. With the moon being an emotional planet, and the 'I Am' that is Aries, you are very connected to your emotions. This connection does not imply understanding per say, or control, it just means that you are very aware of those emotions be it good or bad. ~~ I tend to "control" my emotions also ~~ keeping them in check, sotaspeak
Like Sag, Aries is quick tempered, passionate and impulsive/active. You should be wary of acting from an emotional place in haste. Take a breath and add some Capi logic to the mix before you do any knee jerking.
Like a baby, when you have a need, you KNOW it and you will whimper, coo or 'cry' to have that need taken care of. Of course I am not saying you actually throw a fit -but probably have at some time in your life- but you where standing up to what you felt was right, and 'got away with it'!* ~~ So true...
This is where being honest with yourself is a must. Self reflection creates growth. Hopefully you have come to that place where you can stomp your foot or butt heads in a mature and controlled manner.
And question- do you suffer from headaches? Especially when emotionally distraught? ~~ Yes, I keep Excedrin in the cabinet.

Myself- I get sleepy, totally drained. I'm a Capricorn Moon.
~~ Do you get drained from doing readings??

OwlKaMyst ~~

thank you so much. I believe I know myself better because of your words & wisdom. Yes, I can, most of the time, butt heads in a controlled manner. This is a VERY interesting thread.

I would like to thank everyone else responding on this thread. I'm such a novice, but like a sponge ~~ willing to learn. I'm sure I'll have many more questions.

I'll be going to the library for books now for sure. Any good suggestions for a novice???

Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 AM

FYI, here are a few suggestions, Nan....

"ALAN OKEN'S COMPLETE ASTROLOGY" is a great classic that explains all the basics, and also nicely gets into some of the ancient symbolism as well.

And in most every astrologer's basic library, you'll likely find the comprehensive and well-illustrated "LLEWELLYN'S COMPLETE BOOK OF ASTROLOGY: The easy way to learn astrology" - by Kris Brandt Riske.

Depending on what part of astrology you finally end up gravitating towards, there are also so many other good ones, by folks like Robert Hand, Steven Forrest, Stephen Arroyo, Donna Cunningham and others. One of my own favs is, "Relating : An Astrological Guide to Living With Others on a Small Planet" - by Liz Greene.

BTW, be sure to check into any "New Age" or "Astrology" bookstores in your area to see about local classes or short workshops that may also be available. They're always informative and fun, and of course you get to meet lots of folks with similar interests!

Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You could do the same with any number of Mormon women.
You're kidding, right?

Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Sun and moon in workaholic, Cardinal (leaders/directors/control freaks) Capricorn, right? And you have a keen interest in astrology?
Hard & dependable worker, would not say workaholic but I have been known to do 18 days straight or work round the clock to 'get it finished'.
Yes Capi sun & moon- and here is my 'list' with a few aspects-
Sun & Merc - Capi conjunct 4th house.
Moon Capi 5th Sextile Venus and Neptune in Scorpio 3rd house.
Mars Aquarius 5th
Saturn in Aries 7th house opposition Uranus.
Jupiter in Virgo 12th house
Pluto & Uranus in Virgo conjunct my Virgo rising.

My interest in the occult, well, I have Venus (what I enjoy) in Scorpio (secrets)
Neptune, a 'cosmic' planet walks holdin hands with Venus. Neptune is the main placement for the Occult here, and is a bit mediumistic. I have an odd relationship with death and the dead. I can feel ghosts and have seen only one that lived in our house when I was in highschool, and intuition or spirit or what ever one wants to call it 'tells me' when people close to me die.
Then the big arrow of interest in the occult-with the expanding planet Jupiter in my 12th house. LOL... Reminds me of when I took chemistry in HS. I was so worried about it, it sounds hard!!!
But I like science so I went forth wanting to learn. Turned out I picked it up really easy and was one of 6 students who got over 90% on the final.
Uranus in Virgo also is metaphysical in nature, and being in my first house...well, that placement is specific to astrology.
So I do have quite a few good strong placements for having an interest in the occult/astrology.
Quote:

I have been fooled, many times, with people's interest in astrology, after I've looked at their chart. There may have been nothing but left-brained placements, yet they took an interest in astrology.

Your father teaching you astrology IS science explains this better. Question is, alone, uninfluenced by father, you think you would have eventually taken an interest in astrology?
How I phrased my statement mislead you, sorry. My father was a scientist and drilled into my head the basics and principals of what science is and how it works as a method of study. These same methods are used in astrology, thus astrology is science....that's what I was trying to say.
Quote:
I've met people who's parents were interested in astrology, and given the parental influence factors, it explains it better why this particular person believes in it. When delineating anyone's chart, you can't overlook parental influences, culture, religious influences in altering a chart.
my mother thinks astrology is as silly as the bible....and dad, never went there with him....it was a strange father daughter relationship.
(Sun square Saturn)
Quote:
I'm also Cardinal, double Cardinal: Sun Aries/Moon Capricorn. And when it's been said that Cardinal's are the my-way-or-the-highway-signs, I wish I could disagree!
yeah- no kidding! I'm not so 'demanding' about doing things the way I see fit, but can be awfully stubborn in areas that are emotional.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 PM

To add to the book list -
The New Way to learn astrology by Basil Fearrington
And Understanding the Birthchart by Kevin Burk
And a really interesting read is Write Your Own Horoscope by Joseph Goodavage.

And to Nan- doing readings (astrological or tarot) does not typically drain me. On a rare occasion that has happened and it was because of the persons energy not the reading.

Where I get drained is with the emotional conflicts. Capricorn by sign is prone to depression. I refuse to ever be depressed so I do what I call 'decompress'. After an argument of an emotional nature, I need a nap. When life in general could be called stressful (I refuse to stress) I have my Capi/Virgo that has me plug through it and then once in a great while I will sleep for the good part of two days.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM

I can see how Virgo with Capricorn could also be a "double-edged sword". True, the earth signs are great for dutifully "plugging on" and the "just git 'er done" stuff. But combining Cap's ambition and "task master" tendencies, along with Virgo's often painfully critical nature ("but it's not perfect!"), can also be a real "double whammy" on some folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal