Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I have worked with midpoints before and haven't found any use for them. Is there any meaning you can get from them?
You'll need to read Ebertin (The Combination of Stellar Influences) or Witte. Do not rely on anything else (there's a lot of very bad astrology on the internet -- in fact, it isn't even astrology).

I use Midpoints extensively in forensic astrology. Before you can use Midpoints you have to correctly interpret the underlying chart.

Cosmobiologically....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What is the easiest way to find my other sign placement? I once had a book that had an easy chat for each sign. I love and believe in Astrology, but was always put off by the amount of math involved, in terms of doing charts on my own. Are there any places online that can tell me this information or do I need the services or an Astrologer?
Math is part and parcel of astrology, and without knowing or learning the math, you'll never be good at it. Once you understand the basics, you can move on to more complicated areas, like doing primary directions (the proper way) and a host of other things.

You should be able to calculate and set up your own Table of Houses. Once you can do that, you can cast any chart by hand in a matter of minutes.

Calculating...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
"Possessive" is putting it mild. I don't know the year of her birth, but I know that she was older than my father in law and married late in life - at least by 1950s standards. She did not marry for love IMO.
She was very secretive about her age, and being older than one's husband was not the norm then. Mot was marrying a younger man at age 29.
This family has caused us so much damage and pain in the past 30 years. They screwed my husband out of the house built by his grandfather just because she did not want to see me living in it! We had wanted to buy it from them, but she was sneaky, and spitefully sold it to a non family member at a bargain basement price just because she hated me.

She did not care if she hurt her own son, as long as she hurt me. That's how full of hatred she was.

Now, my husband's sister, who is just lile the mother, is the executrix of the will. It's his younger sister. She is a controlling and horrible person. She is a graduate of Oral Roberts University, and she and her husband are extreme right wing "Christian" fundamentalists.

The sister has always added fuel to the fire and we have no doubt that my husband will be left out of the will. I have always thought that astrology could provide some answers into this deepli dysfunctional bunch. The horrible sister's birthday is July 5th, 1955. She was borm in Glen Cove NY.

I would be fascinated to know about her. The whole family is more like a cult than a family. Extremely authoritarian, into woman being submissive, but the odd thing is - WOMAN have always been in charge! They are just sneaky about it.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Sheena,

Ran the SIL birthdate....Based on her moon sign, the MIL was:

Austere, emotionally cold, distant, an unhappy individual, preoccupied.

I'll look at the rest of the chart, just wanted to quickly post. Some Gemini placements. I refer to Gemini (sorry peeps to offend anyone) as the trickster.

SunCancer12.51 MoonCapricorn17.42 MercuryGemini22.33 VenusGemini27.09 MarsCancer

Last edited by virgode; 04-02-2012 at 06:04 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Top heavy on the Cardinal signs, for sure! Cardinal signs, in general, are control freaks, leaders, directors, forever insisting on running the show, my-way-or-the-highway-types!

She shares my Capricorn Moon, yikes! A exceedingly dark moon, moody as all get out, subject to lingering depressions, with a predisposition to alcohol/drug abuse. She was born on a full moon night, which happens when your suns and moons are in opposition.

A very insecure woman! And if you anger a Cap Moon type, they'll never forgive you as long as you live. They'll carry a grudge to their graves! And, they'll never tell you if you angered them, suddenly the steel door clamps shut, and you can pound on that door for an eternity, and they'll never open it again! No sign can be so unforgiving!

Cancer, in itself, is capable of this kind of unforgiving behavior as well!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 PM

OK I;m a little confused. Which one are you talking about? The daughter (my SIL) or the mother?

My husband just walked in no and he gave me the exact year of his mother's birth October 12, 1923
She was born in Oyster Bay NY. The husband, my FIL who is still living was born on January 7th 1925 in Naasjo, Sweden.

The mother and the daughter sound so much alike I couldn't tell which one you were talking about!

The brother, who my husband also can not stand and was also involved in a lot of manipulative stuff against DH and me (with the sister) was born October 24, 1958.

The mother in law NEVER DRANK! AND she was DEAD SET AGAINST DRINKING! She married into my FIL's family, an immigrant family of Fundamentalist Christians. They forbade alcohol and since my MIL had been raised by a father, who by all accounts was a nice man but had a weakness for drink, this suited her just fine.

The sad but ironic thing is my husband's grandfather, the Father of the MIL, died while tripping down the stairs of the house. He was drunk at the time.
But she herself NEVER drank.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 AM

Heres the MIL 10/12/1923....I quess anyone can have a go at it....good lord shes rolling over in her grave.

Actually, MIL placements not as I had thought. But, Theres the Scorpio Moon.

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Time unknown
SunLibra18.21
MoonScorpio23.01
MercuryLibra0.32
VenusLibra26.54
MarsVirgo26.31
JupiterScorpio20.43
SaturnLibra22.29
UranusPisces14.20 R
NeptuneLeo19.54
PlutoCancer12.24
LilithTaurus11.54
Asc nodeVirgo10.46

Here is the Astro Chart you requested:

http://kiosk.alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/pics/2456021346828.gif (broken link)

Last edited by virgode; 04-03-2012 at 06:54 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Those that are deadset against drinking, pride themselves on never drinking, speaks volumes! I commented: predisposition towards alcoholism!

Risky prospects for relationships, IMO! I stay clear of these people!

These people can very well project their predisposed alcoholism onto others. And, their alcoholism, one day, could take off like a missile! Or to avoid the stigma of being an alcoholic, they turn to abuse of prescription drugs, pain meds, and there they go, continuing their pride in telling others: I never drink, I'm not an alcoholic! The Doctor prescribed them to me!

I also have that Capricorn Moon, predisposed to alcoholism, and talk about projection! My first three partners were alcoholics! But I'm not an alcoholic!

My sister is a prime example of that, a triple Pisces to boot! She never drinks, been married to an alcoholic for 40 years, and her son is an alcoholic! And oh how she lamblasts alcoholics and drug addicts! Hey Sis! Aint' gonna kill ya! Have a martini once in awhile!

Moon in Scorpio, Moon in Pisces, Moon in Saj, 12th house Sun positions, more predispositons for drug/alcohol abuse!

Last edited by tijlover; 04-03-2012 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Edit/add line

Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Those that are deadset against drinking, pride themselves on never drinking, speaks volumes! I commented: predisposition towards alcoholism!

Risky prospects for relationships, IMO! I stay clear of these people!

These people can very well project their predisposed alcoholism onto others. And, their alcoholism, one day, could take off like a missile! Or to avoid the stigma of being an alcoholic, they turn to abuse of prescription drugs, pain meds, and there they go, continuing their pride in telling others: I never drink, I'm not an alcoholic! The Doctor prescribed them to me!

I also have that Capricorn Moon, predisposed to alcoholism, and talk about projection! My first three partners were alcoholics! But I'm not an alcoholic!

My sister is a prime example of that, a triple Pisces to boot! She never drinks, been married to an alcoholic for 40 years, and her son is an alcoholic! And oh how she lamblasts alcoholics and drug addicts! Hey Sis! Aint' gonna kill ya! Have a martini once in awhile!

Moon in Scorpio, Moon in Pisces, Moon in Saj, 12th house Sun positions, more predispositons for drug/alcohol abuse!

This is so dead on! They were obsessed with alcohol, while never touching a drop. Their membership in a church which views drinking a glass of wine on the same lever as an axe murder, for me speaks volumes also.

They were also very jealous of a prosperous uncle of my husband's who was a very moderate drinker, and the husband of the MIL They were so concrete that they assumed that he must be a drinker because he owned a chain of liquor stores. All thought he was generous with my in-laws, they always put him down and inferred that he was a drunk. In reality, my mother in law's sister, his wife, had a problem with drinking.

More denial and projection.

They did not abuse prescription drugs, but religion, their form of religion, was and is an obsession with them.

We live nowhere near them, and even though we stay away, and just send holiday cards, they continue to send my husband upsetting letters, bragging "news letters" announcements, and attempt to drop in on us unannounced, yet perversely do not invite us to weddings, or other family events.

If we ever were going to see any of them, it would be someplace like a wedding, where there is a beginning and an end, and too many people to speak deeply about anything.

When my husband;s niece was married last year, we were not invited. BUT at the same time, they were accusing him pf isolating himself from the FIL and the rest of the clan.

Was there anything about an inheritance with the father and the daughter? I feel quite sure that they've cut him out. The thing is, as much as he says he's over it, I think it hurts my DH.

The Scorpio brother is a piece of work too,

Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM

Sheena,

You know what kind of people these are without even glancing at the chart, the chart is only a confirmation.

I've got a wacko, critical, greedy, materialistic family I finally gathered enough sense to cut off 3yrs ago. And none of them were getting along at the time. A crazy dynamic. I've never done any of their charts, they don't matter enough to me to bother.

I was cut out of the house similar to your husband and found out one of my sisters had a hand in the decision along with my mother (my father died years ago), but they had the ***** to ask me to help pay taxes on the house if need be in the future.

You and I have a lot in common.

Last edited by virgode; 04-04-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And if you anger a Cap Moon type, they'll never forgive you as long as you live. They'll carry a grudge to their graves! And, they'll never tell you if you angered them, suddenly the steel door clamps shut, and you can pound on that door for an eternity, and they'll never open it again! No sign can be so unforgiving!

Cancer, in itself, is capable of this kind of unforgiving behavior as well!
tough for a gemini
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal