Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:50 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

Advertisements

I'd buy the house...but to have him as a dentist..no flipping WAY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
And it's no wonder - a woman was brutally murdered by her dentist husband there

It happened in my new Home Town of Wilkes Barre PA.
It's on at eight on "Lifetime Movie".

When I went into the house. I was drawn to a back bedroom - and that was exactly where it happened!
The seller would not enter the house and of course, it was below market value.

I felt as though I was gasping for air in the master bedroom!
Not sure how it will be portrayed but I thought I would share this with other true crime junkies
Old thread, but wow. It's amazing how places do hold onto certain things. I wouldn't buy a stigmatized property myself if it was 10.00

Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
There is a house near us that a young couple built and it appeared to be a happy home. They had friends over on the weekend and played volleyball. It turned into a big gathering every weekend. They kept the yard nice and the house too.

Then out of the clear the young lady killed herself in the house. He moved out and put the house up for sale. It was sold and the family that purchased the house only stayed a couple of months and a for sale sign appeared out front of the house and the family moved out. Two more families have purchased the house and stayed a very short time and put the house back on the market for sale.

Now the house is empty, no for sale sign, the grass is up to the windows, you can't even see the driveway anymore. It's just a sad looking place when it once appeared to be such a happy place. Each family that moved in didn't stay long enough for anyone around here to get to know them but I have a feeling their fast exit was due to the young lady blowing her brains out in the bedroom.

Does a realtor have to tell a potential client someone committed suicide in the home when they sell a house that has a history of violence? I just wonder if something frightened the three families away.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:17 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Stigmatized properties, disclosure is different in different states I believe.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
There is a house near us that a young couple built and it appeared to be a happy home. They had friends over on the weekend and played volleyball. It turned into a big gathering every weekend. They kept the yard nice and the house too.

Then out of the clear the young lady killed herself in the house. He moved out and put the house up for sale. It was sold and the family that purchased the house only stayed a couple of months and a for sale sign appeared out front of the house and the family moved out. Two more families have purchased the house and stayed a very short time and put the house back on the market for sale.

Now the house is empty, no for sale sign, the grass is up to the windows, you can't even see the driveway anymore. It's just a sad looking place when it once appeared to be such a happy place. Each family that moved in didn't stay long enough for anyone around here to get to know them but I have a feeling their fast exit was due to the young lady blowing her brains out in the bedroom.

Does a realtor have to tell a potential client someone committed suicide in the home when they sell a house that has a history of violence? I just wonder if something frightened the three families away.
Gosh that's a sad story. I feel bad for the house after reading that. I know that sounds crazy. From what I have read on true haunted tales, it seems that suicides are among the worst kinds of hauntings. I do wonder what went on in there for the families who moved in.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:41 PM

24,118 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

In some states YES! For example, I am originally from Suffolk County, NY.

About two years ago, I was looking at high end properties on an internet sight so that I could get decoration ideas - and there it was The Amityville Horror House! But all gussied up, bright and cheery and beautifully decorated.

The broker wrote "Property is of repute, ask broker for details"

I think that if you ask, and they know it, that in almost every state they need to tell you. Or they should.

I know what you mean. It is sad to look at a beautiful place that was destroyed by a tragic event.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 PM

535 posts, read 1,295,522 times
I live in Texas and when we bought our house they had to disclose there is a historical cemetery in the greenbelt behind our house.

When we first moved into our house my daughter was 6 years old. Her and the next door neighbor little boy who was 5 would always talk about the "little girl" in the woods they would see. We didn't think much about it other than it being "pretend play".

Then one day a couple of years after that a couple of us neighbors and kids went hiking around out in the woods and came across the very small graveyard. It was very old and a little hard to read but one of the headstones was of a little girl that died around the age of 10. My daughter said...I bet that's the little girl me and Philip used to see in the woods. Kinda gave me the chills a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal