Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,028,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If you call living your life in a fog of drugs getting better. So be it. Drugs often can mask the part of the brain that demons operate in. Yet getting better as long as someone continues to take their meds, does not mean getting well, or cured.
You know taking medication for a physical problem is no different then taking medication for an emotional problem.

The human brain sometimes has chemical imbalances that no amount of praying to G-d will fix. Not all who take medication are "in a fog of drugs".
Nor do medications operate in a part of the brain "demons" exist in.

I feel sorry for you and I hope you never have a family member suffer from a mental illness. I suspect they would not get the help they needed.

And yes people do get better, but even with physical illness sometimes medications need to be taken for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 04:01 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,951,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You know taking medication for a physical problem is no different then taking medication for an emotional problem.

The human brain sometimes has chemical imbalances that no amount of praying to G-d will fix. Not all who take medication are "in a fog of drugs".
Nor do medications operate in a part of the brain "demons" exist in.

I feel sorry for you and I hope you never have a family member suffer from a mental illness. I suspect they would not get the help they needed.

And yes people do get better, but even with physical illness sometimes medications need to be taken for life.

I never said everyone is in a fog on drugs. However I know of a person who was having problems with demons all the time. His name was Ed. Christians would work with him, and the demons would go. But then Ed would return to mess with the occult time after time and the demons would continue to come back. And worse then the previous times. Drugs were given to him. Yet his life became nothing more then a fog on drugs. Drugs are often good for those who need them. Yet Ed could of lived a life free of them, yet choose the occult over God. Some mental illness is just that. Mental. Yet this is not true in all cases, some of it comes from the demonic.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I never said everyone is in a fog on drugs. However I know of a person who was having problems with demons all the time. His name was Ed. Christians would work with him, and the demons would go. But then Ed would return to mess with the occult time after time and the demons would continue to come back. And worse then the previous times. Drugs were given to him. Yet his life became nothing more then a fog on drugs. Drugs are often good for those who need them. Yet Ed could of lived a life free of them, yet choose the occult over God. Some mental illness is just that. Mental. Yet this is not true in all cases, some of it comes from the demonic.
Here is what you said: If you call living your life in a fog of drugs getting better. So be it.

That is an insult to all those who take medication to live lives free of emotional pain.

I am sure there are 2 sides to the story about Ed. We are just getting your side.

It is a Christian error to believe that mental illness is from demons and can be healed by only prayer.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Here is what you said: If you call living your life in a fog of drugs getting better. So be it.

That is an insult to all those who take medication to live lives free of emotional pain.

I am sure there are 2 sides to the story about Ed. We are just getting your side.

It is a Christian error to believe that mental illness is from demons and can be healed by only prayer.

Oh please. I was speaking of people I personally knew, who in fact lived their life in a fog because of drugs. Ed loved the occult. And he would be the first one to say he could not pull himself away from it. And I can tell you first hand. I had to deal with two demons back in 1973. Their names were Abjar and Altra. For six months I heard drums beating, chantings in the night, strange voices, and they would continue to shake my bed ect. Yet it all ended when a group of Christians spent about three hours praying with me in a home in Crete Il. on a Saturday morning. All mental illness does not come from demons. Yet sometimes it does. And in my case that was the problem. I have been free of them for the last 38 years. And no drugs were necessary.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 PM

33,506 posts, read 37,021,963 times
I think that actually anyone who "experiences" demons is already mentally ill...It is the mental illness that causes these hallucinations, not the other way around.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think that actually anyone who "experiences" demons is already mentally ill...It is the mental illness that causes these hallucinations, not the other way around.
If that were true, then having Christians pray for you for a period of three hours would not cause such hullucinations to end. And if it was just mental illness. It would not explain why others around you had some of the same experiences.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,832,467 times
But we've made progress from the Uncola for the Coca-cola girl. Is this expressionism or a brand of impressionism for the new rage from the middle east?

Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,941,174 times
Quote:
I heard drums beating, chantings in the night, strange voices, and they would continue to shake my bed.
I hear that all the time at a powwow and the bed would shake if I got a snag afterwards (back when I was single of course).

Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Oh please. I was speaking of people I personally knew, who in fact lived their life in a fog because of drugs. Ed loved the occult. And he would be the first one to say he could not pull himself away from it. And I can tell you first hand. I had to deal with two demons back in 1973. Their names were Abjar and Altra. For six months I heard drums beating, chantings in the night, strange voices, and they would continue to shake my bed ect. Yet it all ended when a group of Christians spent about three hours praying with me in a home in Crete Il. on a Saturday morning. All mental illness does not come from demons. Yet sometimes it does. And in my case that was the problem. I have been free of them for the last 38 years. And no drugs were necessary.

demons are the imagination of Christians.......... They are not real........

Old 02-23-2011, 08:03 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,832,467 times
bla, bla.... diremption, redemption....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal