Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 AM

37 posts, read 49,184 times

Advertisements

Last night, I had my first vivid dream in a very long time. I used to have a lot of them, but in the past couple of years, I stopped remembering my dreams. So I feel there is some significance to this.

But this dream had some confusing elements in it. The way it went was I was getting a job at a law firm. Before I went to bed, I found a job opening at a firm which had a name similar to my last name, which I thought was a hoot. Anyway, that part of the dream was vague.

But then I hear my aunt's voice telling my mom and sister that I can stay at her house and house sit with her neighbor. My aunt died two years ago and I was never really close to her.

In the dream, I spoke to this neighbor who turned out to be rude and bitchy. When I spelt my last name, she kept getting irritated and asking me to start over before she hung up on me.

Later in the house, I get a glimpse of her and she is someone I never seen before, and definitely not someone my late aunt would've associated with. She is rude to me. The house is also not my aunt's at all.

Then a fire starts outside on the lawn and I leave. As the dream ends, I know the woman is going to blame me for the fire and it will be difficult to defend myself. The fire destroys nothing, not the house or lawn.

Here's what I think it could mean: I've been considering a career as a paralegal because it is lucrative. It is also a job that can be done almost anywhere. I live in NYC but would eventually like to live in Hudson Valley because it is cheaper (some areas are) and it offers a backyard for the kids I'd like to have. Hudson Valley is also the area where my aunt lived, though I'm not looking at her exact location.

I also am having a problem with roommate, who is being rude, and I'm concerned by how far it will go. So I'm wondering if this dream is also touching on that issue.

But that's all. Usually I can place dreams this vivid at the very stage my life is in, but this one seems far into the future, which is unusual. It seems like a warning but I am not sure what it is warning me about. Someone to watch out for? Is it a warning that I may get myself into a mess? If so, which one? And fire can mean so much, especially if you get burned or destruction comes. But none of that happened, except a blame game.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,645,926 times
I think your dream is more about the room-mate situation than the job. The job aspect does play a part though.
The fire possibly representing a catylist event that has already occurred between you and the room-mate. Perhaps you do not recognize this event, thus the dream.
Are they aware of your plans to relocate? If so, they may feel that their security is threatened. And while that is not your responsibility, and they cannot blame you for it, they can't help but feel some kind of resentment.
So the neighbor represents your room-mate, your aunts house- the idea of relocating to that area, the job- being the change in both your lives.

It's a bit early for me, just woke up or I would be better at picking the dream apart. Ill be back later once I'm more awake and have time. Today I have a full plate.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I think your dream is more about the room-mate situation than the job. The job aspect does play a part though.
The fire possibly representing a catylist event that has already occurred between you and the room-mate. Perhaps you do not recognize this event, thus the dream.
Are they aware of your plans to relocate? If so, they may feel that their security is threatened. And while that is not your responsibility, and they cannot blame you for it, they can't help but feel some kind of resentment.
So the neighbor represents your room-mate, your aunts house- the idea of relocating to that area, the job- being the change in both your lives.

It's a bit early for me, just woke up or I would be better at picking the dream apart. Ill be back later once I'm more awake and have time. Today I have a full plate.
Actually, I'm not planning to move anytime soon. Its just a long term goal for me to move to Hudson Valley.

The problem with one of my roommates is related to her being very self-centered and it has caused tension between us. I'm aware of what is going on and I'm trying to figure out how to sort it out reasonably and peacefully.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:27 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,636,620 times
I concur with OwlKMyst. It feels like your aunt is "warning" you to just watch your back around this roommate. If you're aware of the situation, that's a huge plus, but it still feels to me like you might want to try to (or will need to) move sooner than you had planned due to this difficulty with your roommate. I don't get the feeling that a peaceful mediation is going to work with your roommate. It feels like there's more anger with this person than you realize, and you might even be in slight danger, i.e., the fire. If your aunt looked after you, was kind, and in general would always want only the best for you, then it appears to be a visitation in which she's trying to show you that this person may "blow up" or "get heated" or try to block you in some way from leaving.

I'd make a secret getaway if it were me, have everything all planned out ahead of time, and leave when the roommate is gone. I don't like to be all "doom and gloom," but that's how it feels to me. I think you're being too nice to this roommate, which leaves room for him or her to take advantage. Just slowly try to pull away, if you can't move sooner rather than later -- create an amicable distance and don't let on that you're thinking of moving. Hope this helps!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielArdent9 View Post
Actually, I'm not planning to move anytime soon. Its just a long term goal for me to move to Hudson Valley.

The problem with one of my roommates is related to her being very self-centered and it has caused tension between us. I'm aware of what is going on and I'm trying to figure out how to sort it out reasonably and peacefully.
Regardless of when you plan on moving- the fact that you have it in mind and if the room-mate knows this, they would still feel at risk of having the rug pulled out from under them....especially for the self-centered. They would see it as a strike from you that is against them.
People like that do not think straight or make plans for themselves until they have to.
From the dream, I would say that this room-mate has next to no patients as well.

Dream suggests to keep your distance from this person, keep things on a 'business' level, real cut and dry about what is what.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Regardless of when you plan on moving- the fact that you have it in mind and if the room-mate knows this, they would still feel at risk of having the rug pulled out from under them....especially for the self-centered. They would see it as a strike from you that is against them.
People like that do not think straight or make plans for themselves until they have to.
From the dream, I would say that this room-mate has next to no patients as well.

Dream suggests to keep your distance from this person, keep things on a 'business' level, real cut and dry about what is what.
Forgive me, I should've mentioned that I've never told this roommate about me leaving or considering living somewhere else in the future. This self-absorbed one knows little about me because she's too busy talking about herself.

I wonder if this dream is a sign that I'm more stressed than I need to be with her. She's not the lease holder, another one is. I have no problems with that one and we get along fine. But she's not home as much as me and the other roommate, so she's not aware of the tension between us. I'd like to casually bring it up to her before anything blows out of proportion, so maybe that's why I'm stressed.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I concur with OwlKMyst. It feels like your aunt is "warning" you to just watch your back around this roommate. If you're aware of the situation, that's a huge plus, but it still feels to me like you might want to try to (or will need to) move sooner than you had planned due to this difficulty with your roommate. I don't get the feeling that a peaceful mediation is going to work with your roommate. It feels like there's more anger with this person than you realize, and you might even be in slight danger, i.e., the fire. If your aunt looked after you, was kind, and in general would always want only the best for you, then it appears to be a visitation in which she's trying to show you that this person may "blow up" or "get heated" or try to block you in some way from leaving.

I'd make a secret getaway if it were me, have everything all planned out ahead of time, and leave when the roommate is gone. I don't like to be all "doom and gloom," but that's how it feels to me. I think you're being too nice to this roommate, which leaves room for him or her to take advantage. Just slowly try to pull away, if you can't move sooner rather than later -- create an amicable distance and don't let on that you're thinking of moving. Hope this helps!
I actually mentioned in the initial post that I was never close to this aunt because she and I did not have that kind of relationship. She just used to live in a region that I'd like to live in.

I can't make a secret getaway! That could cause tremendous problems in terms of rent and such. It's not even an option.

I was too nice to this roommate before but now I'm setting my boundaries, hence why she's peeved.

As for the fire, many dream interpretations say if nothing is burned or destroyed in a fire, its a good omen.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 AM

Dream dictionaries or other cook book interpretations don't always apply.
The 'good' thing about fire symbolically is the essence of cleansing and nourishment. I'm not seeing this aspect within your dream.
I don't see it as a stress or anxiety dream either.
Now I have a bigger picture of the living situation and who know what.
I still think that the neighbor in the dream is the self-centered room-mate. The behaviors are equal.
If we start simple and look at parallels- dream; staying in a house that is not 'yours', waking life; same is true. Yes, it is your home, but not your house. The desire for the HV area carries this 'home' vibe.
The job aspect is about change and an accomplishment, for you.
The fire- I stick by it representing a catalyst, perhaps that event that caused you to establish boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal