U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 03:00 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,376,537 times

Advertisements

Greeting Some one I ask me this question?
As said, it is clear that we can possibly have prophets on earth, Do you agree ?

It is a possibility the are true prophets on earth, as some people not be where of them! We can read in some of theses passages there are many who come to deceives people,

We read in Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes; and [some] of them ye will kill and crucify, and [some] of them ye will scourge in your synagogues, and will persecute from city to city;(matth23:34)

Matt 24:4-5 "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.
Matt 24:6 See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass.

Matt 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
And we go a little further we can in a little revelation!
We read in Prov 29:18 Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.
Or in Acts 13:1 Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

1 Thess 5: 20 Do not despise prophecies
Here the word tells us when a prophets comes we Should listen to what he say, but as we know many will come to deceives people, but the ones that can here for example that we can hear the word of God or my reading the word. We can read is some of the passages!

Isaiah 50:4- 5  "The Lord God has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, Nor did I turn away.

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you-- The sure mercies of David.
There are many versus give us when and how the a prophets on earth can be a true prophet. These are the instrument of a true prophet.

1 Cor 14: 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for
1 Cor 12:8 - 10 no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, o another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of
tongues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Instead of looking for people, we should be looking to Him who is the spirit of prophecy -

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. (Rev 19:10)

Old 02-09-2011, 03:48 PM

My Spirit in my heart said 1 Cor 12:8 no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
Prov 29:18 Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law
Lam 3:19-20 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

I give Hin these words Isaiah 50:4- 5  "The Lord God has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, Nor did I turn away.
Jer 12:15 And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.
Eccl 11:8 But if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity.
 Jer 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 02-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-09-2011, 04:11 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times
Dan 9:24

Old 02-09-2011, 04:13 PM

21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
I am convinced that there are prophets on earth today, men who fill the same role as Noah, Moses, Abraham, Isaiah, Peter and John did, men through whom God speaks to direct Jesus Christ's Church.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:16 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,585,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
instead of looking for people, we should be looking to him who is the spirit of prophecy -

and i fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, see thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of jesus: Worship god: for the testimony of jesus is the spirit of prophecy. (rev 19:10)
wow!!! Yes

Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Instead of looking for people, we should be looking to Him who is the spirit of prophecy -

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. (Rev 19:10)
I am thy fellowservant, I fell at his feet to worship Him but one day I shall call you friend.
Yes, the testimony is in us, His Spirit is the testimony of His people, His children, the children of light and love.
Some have the gift of prophecy

Old 02-09-2011, 04:36 PM

7,859 posts, read 6,664,436 times
There are many prophets in the earth today,... The way to get the gift of prophecy is to first you must have the Baptism of Holy Spirit, then you must have a loud voice so people can hear you then you must pray for a ministries of the Lord and you must be bold in this ministries as some people may or may not like you ....In your Church or group of believers there must have some tolerances for the gifts that a church gets ... But there is no way you can be sure that this gift of Holy Spirit will be on your table from the Lord because the Lord decide who gets what gift and when the Lord give you one then DO WHAT HE SAYS and study the gifts that he give you ....... Some prophets say that when a word for the Lord come to them , the Lord will tell them and they must wait to a time when people will hear the Word and then they will say this prayer that the Lord brings through a prophet...... Most prophets can not dictate a Word of the Lord , they must wait for the Lord to bring one , but if they pray before a meeting for a vision from the Lord , Jesus usually has a Word for His Children for their faith in Him , but in no way changes the Bible in His messages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal