Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:07 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This video will explain a lot about this topic...

Sanspeur, .... do you believe that the people with good jobs in Egypt worry about the mass uprising? It is a matter of survival to them; so maybe they don't participate. But then the paradox of the required knowedge for real people eventually gets to them, not the foreign influence, but the locally ignored OR distributed to with rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
So you say enough people believing in spirits and gods has made them exist when you say "because so many people believe in them that they have come to exist."

But the same thing can not turn the sky green or make something materialise.

So essentially what you are saying is that... if enough people believe something it will become true... but only if it JUST HAPPENS to be something we have absolutely, literally, no way to check actually did come true. Everything that would actually be verifiable in any way... just happens to be exempt from your claim.

Well that is just very convenient that is.

With thinking like that I can sell medicine that cures diseases people do not even know they have, and can not detect, but after taking my medicine they will all go away.... but amazingly my medicine just happens not to work on any disease people can actually feel they have, or scientists can actually detect.

I will be rich.
Things on the spiritual realm manifest much more quickly and easily. Having things manifest in the physical world takes longer. So eventually if we all believed the sky was green, it would become green. It would take a huge amount of mental power for people to think the sky into being green, but most of us aren't at that point yet. Because of where we are spiritually, the most accurate understanding of our physical world is that it's immovable and unaffected by thought and feeling. But the chi and energy that are part of all physical things, thoughts, and feelings, literally change constantly. When I have a thought my aura changes. When I have a feeling my aura changes. On the spiritual realm, the link between thought/feelings and reality are much more immediate and direct.

I'm just stating what I understand to be reality here. You can take it or leave it as you see fit. I feel no need to prove anything to anyone.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Things I don't believe in: (no creditable evidence or not logical)

A god or gods
The soul
Life after death
Ghosts
ESP of any kind
Monsters (Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness monster...etc)
Aliens visiting earth
Voodoo or witchcraft
faith healing
Atlantis

If you believe in any of the above why? Use logic and reason in your statement not faith in things unseen.

Or add to the list of things that many believe in that you have issues with.
I'm not a believer in any of those things, but you're asking something that you will never have an answer to, at least not a logical one. People believe in these things because they all add an element of mystery and excitement to an otherwise harsh world. People want to feel that there are things out there that are greater than themselves, and they want to feel like they are part of it in some way. It has no logical basis, and almost none of these have any real evidence. The only one I could see being the most logical is the one about aliens. Logically, it is pretty much an impossibility that alien life does NOT exist, meaning that there are so many stars and so many planets that the odds favoring alien life are highly likely. Whether or not any of them travel to Earth is debatable, but at least it's debatable based on something logically sound. The rest... not so much.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:21 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Things on the spiritual realm manifest much more quickly and easily. Having things manifest in the physical world takes longer. So eventually if we all believed the sky was green, it would become green.
Again that you for the chuckle. It is amusing to find people actually believe this stuff. But again I have to point out that aside from you saying it… you have offered nothing to lend even a modicum of credence to this fairy tale.

We can all sit here and just SAY random stuff. The question is… is there any reason to believe what each person says. There is nothing I am aware of… at…. all…. to lend even a modicum of credence that if everyone believed the sky was green it would eventually turn green. This is just comedy.

We not only know what color the sky is, we know WHY it is the color it is. Changing its color would involve changing massive amounts of the fundamental laws of physics and Chemistry. You thinking you can do that with pure thought is as endearing and comical to me as watching a child coming out of Star Wars in the Cinema and trying to move cars using "the Force". They are cute... they are endearingly earnest in their attempts... but they are living a dream.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Science can answer why the sky is blue. It cannot answer why blue feels blue. Sure, we can explain to further levels of detail the physics and chemistry behind color and the retina and so on, but it doesn't really explain the "blueness" of blue. Even understanding light waves and the brain chemistry only gives us a physical explanation; it doesn't explain the conscious experience of "blueness."

Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wow. Talk about denial. So because you became an Atheist, all of sudden your mother's presence wasn't real? And you attribute her true spirit to your brain? The only one fooling yourself is you. That is too sad.
Isn't it funny, though, that all of these "experiences" in people's lives never leave any physical proof? Should there be ghosts, gods, and ghouls out there, apparently they only have enough power to show one person at one time some mysterious event... and then leave them with nothing to show for it but a story they can't prove. Incredibly convenient.

BTW, memory has been shown to be highly malleable. People used to believe that hypnotic regression produced real results about subconscious memory. Meaning that someone could be hypnotized and brought back into a moment in time through memory and recount specific events. Since then, it's become clear that memory is subject to a wide range of influences and, when a person is regressed, what they recount can be wildly different than what actually occurred. It's like playing that game "telephone." You start with one message, but by the time it goes through everyone, the message is very different. The same works with memory. Over time, what you remember happening can be skewed, not only by further experiences, but by preconceived biases. If you have an experience you cannot explain, your mind will do whatever it can to fill in the blanks with whatever information it already has. Ask a cop how reliable a witness' memory is about a crime. The fact is, our experiences, without physical proof, are completely unreliable.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Isn't it funny, though, that all of these "experiences" in people's lives never leave any physical proof? Should there be ghosts, gods, and ghouls out there, apparently they only have enough power to show one person at one time some mysterious event... and then leave them with nothing to show for it but a story they can't prove. Incredibly convenient.

BTW, memory has been shown to be highly malleable. People used to believe that hypnotic regression produced real results about subconscious memory. Meaning that someone could be hypnotized and brought back into a moment in time through memory and recount specific events. Since then, it's become clear that memory is subject to a wide range of influences and, when a person is regressed, what they recount can be wildly different than what actually occurred. It's like playing that game "telephone." You start with one message, but by the time it goes through everyone, the message is very different. The same works with memory. Over time, what you remember happening can be skewed, not only by further experiences, but by preconceived biases. If you have an experience you cannot explain, your mind will do whatever it can to fill in the blanks with whatever information it already has. Ask a cop how reliable a witness' memory is about a crime. The fact is, our experiences, without physical proof, are completely unreliable.

Attach to the unexplainable experiences also the presence of language in the world independent of consciousness. If this is a world to cover the whole of the non-ambiguous field of known reality then language as part of that world is extra and cyphered as it's ow capacity to Situate the individual.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Attach to the unexplainable experiences also the presence of language in the world independent of consciousness. If this is a world to cover the whole of the non-ambiguous field of known reality then language as part of that world is extra and cyphered as it's ow capacity to Situate the individual.
I think I need to be high to understand what it is you are trying to say.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM

34 posts, read 26,996 times
xactly

Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I wish I could decipher your posts; one day I'll get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal