U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:05 PM

2,296 posts, read 5,843,279 times

Advertisements

I saw a ball of blue light on South Temple in Salt Lake City. It flashed out of the air at me. Also, my cat who I lost in 1980 appeared on my windowsill in 2006 in SL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,704,968 times
speaking of cats.. A couple of months ago I was in my bedroom getting ready for bed. My dog always sleeps in the room with me so I opened the bedroom door and called her to come in. the whole house was dark but a small light was on in my bedroom. Anyway, as Im waiting for the dog to walk down the hallway I see my black cat ahead of her walking towards my open bedroom door. I called the dog to hurry up because I didn't want the cat in there. I was watching the cat, I could see the glow of it's eyes as it walked straight up to my open bedroom door.. and then it got to the area where the light spilled out of my doorway and it disappeared.
I did have another black cat that passed away and I've always wondered if that was him.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,138,702 times
The house I grew up had something going on with it. You would hear your name being called, music comming from nowhere,the cabnit doors in the kitchen would open and close(this would happen when all of the family would be sitting in the den. One night I walked into the living room and saw a glowing object on the couch it was about the size of a pesron, it really did not scare me more of a oh thats you type of moment.None of it was scary to us, we fineally did tell who ever it was that it was okay for them to move on.
Had a totaly different experiance in an apartment building my husband and I lived when in NY. It was as if something was wrong with the land it was on that is about the best I can describe it and was thrilled when we moved.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,440,275 times
I am clairaudient, meaning I hear things, rather than see things.

Columbus day 2008, while my very protective dog and I were relaxing on the couch, I heard a double-double knock (knock-knock, knock-knock) at my sliding glass door. The dog immediately flew off the couch and ran to the door barking, hair raised along his spine. Not seeing anyone at the door (it is glass after all), I got up and walked towards it. As I was approaching the door, the knocks came again, with no one standing there, dog barking more aggressively now. I visualized a shield around the door and carefully opened it to get a good look to see if there was anything that possibly could have caused such a strange, man-made sound. No one was there, nothing on the deck was out of place, and there was nothing on the deck that hadn't been there before. I let the dog out and he ran out onto the deck sniffing the air in every direction, finding nothing.

Some useful information: my sliding glass door is on a deck on a second story. There are 14 steps leading up to the deck, and we have a privacy fence all the way around the yard, which has no trees. No one comes in our back yard because of both the fence and the dog.

More "rational" friends have offered: there was probably something blowing in the wind making contact with the glass, a bird flew into the door, a tree branch was tapping the door, etc. This was a very man-made sound. I am convinced it was something from some other dimension, be that the afterlife, the in-between-place, a time warp, parallel universe, etc.

All that said, I wasn't afraid. My grandmother, who took training in the Spiritualist Church (so I'm used to this kind of stuff), said "it's not the dead you have to be afraid of." My grandma was always all about protecting me, so I believe her.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 AM

10,452 posts, read 11,319,678 times
That sounds like a ghost to me. The fact your dog flipped out really seals the deal for me. Animals can see spirits and ghosts, so the fact your dog saw something confirms your perceptions.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:28 AM

2,976 posts, read 4,490,499 times
I'm one of a set of triplets, my triplet brother died in 1985, about 2 weeks before his death
I had this strange dream about him and at his funeral I was talking to my triplet sister and told her I had a dream about Jerry, she said she also had a dream about him. When she described her dream it was the same dream I had, right down to the type and color of his clothing.
In 2001 I had this lucid dream about my brother (at least I thought it was) but these kept happening over a period of 5 years. I had conversations with him, I ask him why he had waited 16 years to appear, his response was, I've always been here, I was just waiting for you. On his last appearance he said that he would not be visiting any more because he has chosen to return, I haven't seen him since.
Now if he had only appeared once I could have explained that away in my own mind, but to appear over and over, and having conversations with him, I've drawn my own conclusions on this.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,440,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That sounds like a ghost to me. The fact your dog flipped out really seals the deal for me. Animals can see spirits and ghosts, so the fact your dog saw something confirms your perceptions.
Animals and small children frequently hear/see things adults don't. Until someone tells them that stuff is all in their heads. Once children are told that, those "visions" then become imaginary friends, or disappear completely. For a few kids they do remain. But animals always retain these "visions" as something very real, because they don't understand enough of the human language to explain away the paranormal.

Good for them!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 AM

7,525 posts, read 15,554,630 times
I am always amazed at the people who insist such things don't happen.......do they really walk around in an isolationist cloud?

Old 03-08-2011, 12:02 PM

492 posts, read 1,057,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
It was about 2003, I was working on my car. I had the car jacked up to change a tire. I had to go under the car to look at something. I heard someone ask me, "Need any help?" I replied that I was fine. I came out from under the car and nobody was there. A second later the car fell, since the tire was off, the car slammed into the ground. I would have been crushed. I looked around as my heart raced, I couldn't see anyone around. There was nobody there, or in the area. There is no way anyone could have gotten out of site that fast. To this day, it spooks me.
I can't explain it.
I had a similar experience; years ago I was driving my standard transmission car. (The clutch shifted like butter). However one day on my way to work I was stopped at a red light, when the light turned green I tried to slide it to first but it couldn't engage; a couple of seconds later a huge impala ran the red light on my left. I would have been killed if it had engaged.
Carl Jung called this synchronicity, it's a transcendental force that is present in our daily life, that remind us that there is more to this world that the "material".

Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 PM

3,310 posts, read 4,923,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Very interesting post.

I don't think proof of ghosts credits or discredits God. It would simply explain why what we understand to be ghosts exist, but it wouldn't tell us with any certainty that God does or does not exist.
I do believe in the supernatural. I do believe that its also something you just dont mess with.
Personally I have seen some things and experienced things that people would think I just made up. Anything from getting ill around a known witches cave (which I never went around growing up) in my hometown, feeling like something was chasing me through a house, seeing a white "taz" go from one room to the next, even a light fixture that was secure falling as my husband and I passed under it after talking about something dealing with the supernatural and a house we owned that delt with the previous owners. I will say though after praying over that home, we had no more issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal