U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 PM

18 posts, read 21,649 times

Advertisements

Wooo when ever i heard or read any book about ghost that is just written by an English man. i guess they too much believe on ghost kind of thing. when we talk about Muslims they too have a strong believe over it. Never get a chance to see But i believe on GOD that these thing exist but GOD have never given them power to show their self or hurt any one.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,561,937 times
I have possibly gone back in time once and witnessed the possession of a friend, both occured while driving on the infamous Clinton Road in N.J. The possession was the creepiest experience of my life, and I rarely talk or think about it.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,693,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
I had a similar experience; years ago I was driving my standard transmission car. (The clutch shifted like butter). However one day on my way to work I was stopped at a red light, when the light turned green I tried to slide it to first but it couldn't engage; a couple of seconds later a huge impala ran the red light on my left. I would have been killed if it had engaged.
Carl Jung called this synchronicity, it's a transcendental force that is present in our daily life, that remind us that there is more to this world that the "material".
I never heard about synchronicity but I've never read Jung either. Can you explain that a little bit more?

I just figured I had angels watching over me.

At my old house there was a deck in the backyard, and we had a lot of tall trees surrounding it. I went on the deck to get something, got it and turned around to get off the deck. I was walking towards the stairs and I don't know what made me stop and stand still, but in that instance a huge tree branch fell down like a spear and crashed in front of me. It came down so hard that it left a 2inch gouge in the decking. If I hadn't stopped that branch would have gone through my head.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,132,030 times
Yes I have.
Its a long story that continues to this day....as I am studying scripture..and trying different things out to find the truth about things for myself.

When I was five years old...My Brother had a pet finch...we as a family were very poor,...and in that money was not yet part of my understanding...
I saw many dead and dying Birds out side our home....and in that we tried to help some of the ones that were sick.
In my understanding of things as a child of five years of age...I saw the bird seeds my brother had for his finch were very good seeds.
So I took some of those seeds, and sowed them outside...sinlessly as only a child could be...in those seeds was Hemp marijuana....wonder why ?...destiny?...restoration?...putting back what was taken in disobedance ,sinlessly...could reverse something?

This comforms to the scripture...in some way...with intent of caring for others....and sowing seeds sinlessly to restore something...in a pure and innocent light or manner of ones own volition...

The pure of heart shall see God.

And so I saw the shadow man enter my home through my locked bedroom window, three times in the same Late night hours.
twice I sounded the alarm...and the entity fled through my bedroom window the way it came in...which was locked from the inside, but mysteriously openned,...and twice my mother came in to see what the matter was, and checked the window to assure me it was not so....but the third time, shortly after the other two...it returned...and this time I gave it time to completely enter..and come closer to my crib....where I was standing and waiting for it to get right into the room before I sounded the alarm again, so it would be caught.
But as I readied myself to scream for Mom...the entity shushed me...and I was then unable to move nor speak or even utter a sound...and it entered my home...after putting me into a deep sleep.

I wonder now if this is just a dream...or am I now on a planet destine for destruction by/via stupid people?

Anyway...Out of body experiences also have manifested themselves to me...and faces of long ago ..in some way still live to this very day!...the dead will rise?

Sometime I wonder...

So some of the prophecies are now coming to be...and then the evil ones will make wars, and corruption happen knowing that the time is near...for the coming of the true Lord and heavenly father....as we are becoming aware that the industrial nightmare and monetary systems is polluting the very earth, we need presteen and clean...

When are they gona awaken to the stink?

Paranormal?,,, I guess God wants to show me just how ugly Humans are..when left to their own diabolical and twisted intelligence...polluting the planets for false profits and gains in destruction!
And the word "share" erased from their minds....wonder why?

Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 PM

20,805 posts, read 26,097,618 times
I have had paranormal experience all of my life. This is one that happened to me in my early 20s in the 1980s.

We were newly weds and we rented at the time. Our first place was a garage apartment. One night we were both sleeping and the phone began to ring. It was 3:15. We did not have an answering machine at the time. We had both been sleeping and we debated about weather to answer it. We decided not to. We do not come from families who would call us at 3 AM with news of an illness or death. Our friends would not call then. We chalked it up to a wrong number or a prank call.

Finally my husband became angry and reached for the phone. There was only a dial tone. Right after that there were three firm knocks at the front door. My husband jumped out of bed and no one was there. I let out a scream from the bedroom and he ran upstairs - the cross bars in BOTH closets simultaneously snapped in half and all of the clothes dropped to the floor!

For the rest of the night, the phone continued to ring three times every 10 or 15 minutes.
Three knocks continued through out the night as well - not only at the front door but from the walls. the ceiling, the floor.

This telephone phenomena followed us through several other apartments, as did the knocking. We did call the telephone company and they investigated it but found no calls had been put through to our house!
Finally, we had an experience where the phone rang ALL DAY! My husband became enraged, pulled the phone from the wall and stamped on it.

And you guessed it, it rang again!

This only stopped when I became pregnant with our first child.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 PM

72 posts, read 94,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have had paranormal experience all of my life. This is one that happened to me in my early 20s in the 1980s.

We were newly weds and we rented at the time. Our first place was a garage apartment. One night we were both sleeping and the phone began to ring. It was 3:15. We did not have an answering machine at the time. We had both been sleeping and we debated about weather to answer it. We decided not to. We do not come from families who would call us at 3 AM with news of an illness or death. Our friends would not call then. We chalked it up to a wrong number or a prank call.

Finally my husband became angry and reached for the phone. There was only a dial tone. Right after that there were three firm knocks at the front door. My husband jumped out of bed and no one was there. I let out a scream from the bedroom and he ran upstairs - the cross bars in BOTH closets simultaneously snapped in half and all of the clothes dropped to the floor!

For the rest of the night, the phone continued to ring three times every 10 or 15 minutes.
Three knocks continued through out the night as well - not only at the front door but from the walls. the ceiling, the floor.

This telephone phenomena followed us through several other apartments, as did the knocking. We did call the telephone company and they investigated it but found no calls had been put through to our house!
Finally, we had an experience where the phone rang ALL DAY! My husband became enraged, pulled the phone from the wall and stamped on it.

And you guessed it, it rang again!

This only stopped when I became pregnant with our first child.
Wow, thats freaky!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 AM

468 posts, read 1,389,878 times
I don't know if this qualifies as a paranormal experience, but there are two incidents that have occurred that I have no explanation for.

The first happened when I was about 6 years old. We lived on a cul-de-sac and my bedroom faced the street. I had been asleep until I was woken up by hearing voices outside my bedroom window. I sat up in bed, looked out the window towards the street, and saw several people standing on the sidewalk.

I knew everybody who lived on the cul-de-sac. But, the features of these people were all grayed out. I didn't recognize a single person. After a minute or two one of them turned towards me and said, "There's 'ol, Ron. Hey, Ron!" Then they all waved.

I waved back then left my room to go tell my Mom that there were people in the front yard. She, and my step-dad, opened the front door to look out into the yard and street. Nobody was there. My Mom told me I had been dreaming. One of the odd things is that I didn't go by "Ron" back then. I didn't start calling myself "Ron" until I entered the military 12 years later.

The second incident happened about 5 years after that. We had moved to the country on the opposite side of town. It was Summer, and I was running around in a pair of shorts. I didn't have a shirt on. I went into the house to get something to drink. My Mom was sitting at the dining room table. She said, "Come here a minute."

I walked over to the table, and she asked if someone had ridden over me on a motorcycle. I told her No. She said, "Go look at your back in the bathroom mirror."

I went into the bathroom, turned halfway around so I could see my back in the mirror, and running diagonally across my back (from shoulder to hip) was a perfect tire track. The kind a motorcycle tire would make in the sand or soft dirt. I couldn't explain it.

Fast forward to my life now. I can hear voices like soft whisperings. This sometimes even occurs when I'm talking to someone on the phone. I can hear a voice like there is a third person on the phone, but the person I'm talking to can't hear it.

I sometimes see movement of something, but when I turn to look nothing is there.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 PM

36,222 posts, read 22,162,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
It was about 2003, I was working on my car. I had the car jacked up to change a tire. I had to go under the car to look at something. I heard someone ask me, "Need any help?" I replied that I was fine. I came out from under the car and nobody was there. A second later the car fell, since the tire was off, the car slammed into the ground. I would have been crushed. I looked around as my heart raced, I couldn't see anyone around. There was nobody there, or in the area. There is no way anyone could have gotten out of site that fast. To this day, it spooks me.

I can't explain it.
I had a similar experience and I am agnostic. I was running through a truck assembly plant to meet my boyfriend on break. Just as I was running out of a room with vending machines, a woman yelled, "STOP!" I immediately stopped as a truck backing up full speed brushed my toes! I looked around and saw no one. In fact, the noise was so loud, I don't know how I could have heard a woman's voice unless she was right next to me.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 AM

10,452 posts, read 11,290,497 times
My friend just passed and the songs we used to listen together to and his name keep popping up. It's so often that I can't go without noticing it. The other day I was on the computer and both my computer and my braille display kept freezing just as a song came on the radio that we would always listen to together. (It's not uncommon for one or the other to freeze, but having both freeze a the same time has never happened before.) My screen reader speech muted completely no matter how many times I checked and unchecked the "mute speech" box. This happened about four or five times within the space of an hour. On top of that, his name (not necessarily in reference to him) keeps popping up in conversations, even with people who didn't even know him, or who didn't even know that I knew him. He has a very unusual name so it wasn't like a "John" that would come up a lot anyway.

ETA: And just after I posted this my computer froze again.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 AM

10,452 posts, read 11,290,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I had a similar experience and I am agnostic. I was running through a truck assembly plant to meet my boyfriend on break. Just as I was running out of a room with vending machines, a woman yelled, "STOP!" I immediately stopped as a truck backing up full speed brushed my toes! I looked around and saw no one. In fact, the noise was so loud, I don't know how I could have heard a woman's voice unless she was right next to me.
I've experienced being "pushed" out of the way of a car and also had a "vision" of my friend's foot being run over by a car 5 minutes before it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal