U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,777,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But, while I was there in that space, I experienced flowers coming out of a mediums mouth as gifts, and lights on the end of his fingers
Could you explain this in a little more detail, please? I am intrigued.

Thanks, Theophane
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 AM

166 posts, read 343,878 times
Mircea I'm just curious how a ghost sighting would "disprove" afterlife. To me this seems counter-intuitive. Care to expand?

Regarding paranormal experiences, I've had one. I was with my (now wife) visiting a castle in Czech Republic. Around 10 pm, we were alone outside one side of the castle, and began to hear faint piano music. As we both began looking around for it's source, we spotted a man in an upper window playing, at which point he abruptly stopped playing. Seeming to have noticed us, he walked quickly to the window & slammed it shut. We didn't think much of the whole thing until the next day.

The following day we took a tour of the castle, and when we got the room of the "piano player", we were astounded when we saw an empty room, in ruins. No piano, no actual window (just an opening). It was physically impossible that a person was playing piano there. Futhermore, we confirmed with the tour guide that there is currently no piano on the property. We had definitely encountered a ghost.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 AM

8 posts, read 55,066 times
I've had a LOT of experiences like these,some scary others not!

Back when I was in high school, I was living away from home with relatives. It was a fri night and the next day was our annual day and my friend and i had volunteered to help out. She was supposed to come pick me up at 8. I woke up suddenly, panicked thinking that I had overslept. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was just 6 am. Then I noticed that the light in the room adjoining mine was on and I could hear someone tapping away at the keyboard. Now the clincher is that when you're sitting on the computer you CANNOT look into my room. Then I heard a very soothing ladys voice tell me that it's just 6 am and I can go back to sleep. I did. The next morning I asked my aunt what she was doing on the computer at 6 am and she denied using it. Then I realized that even if she had been there was no way she could have seen I was awake!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 AM

4,524 posts, read 4,015,156 times
Theophane, what more can I say? It was a long time (15yrs+) ago and I was at a seance where this guy produced carnations from his mouth and gave them to people in the circle. He gave them messages etc as he moved around. Physical medium stuff - if you believe in that kind of thing.

In the town where I lived there was a home for retired mediums who used to regularly work for the spiritualists association. As I said, I was interested in that kind of stuff and I found out that one of the mediums I had met some time before, had moved into this home. I went to see her and chat with her about her experiences as a physical medium. She was a large lady (as physical mediums often are) from London and who had spent a lot of time working as a medium in Portsouth I seem to remember.

She was one who used trumpets which were things like old-fashioned megaphones (just a tube of light alloy metal with one end larger than the other)

The medium would be sitting on a chair in a cubicle with a curtain around them. The ectoplasm produced by the physical medium would often come out of their solar plexus, flow under the curtain and would form a 'voice box'. Spirit would use the trumpet to make the voice louder able to be heard by the other people in the seance. I never actually saw this happen, but this is how she said it worked. As you can imagine, there were not too many people around who could do that kind of thing, and they often got called fakes and frauds so probably it was not advertised much. Also it was supposed to be very exhausting, energy draining work too which is probably why they were often large fat women.

The guy who did the flowers and lights thing I heard went off to Australia so whether he was outed or whether he was genuine, I have no idea. He was not very old though (20-30) and at that seance they said he was 'searched' before he came in to the room. I do remember watching the flowers come out of his mouth, as he stood in front of us. Some were two-headed as well, my partner got one of those, so I think he was genuine. But... you can never tell how well he was searched etc so I try to keep an open mind.

I like to think that these things do go on, and I may have witnessed it on one occasion or another, but however, if it was a fake, then I enjoyed the show. That way I win both ways - whether it was a fake or whether it was real.

If the scientists tell me "if you cannot prove it, it cannot be real" then I know they are sad boffin people and ignorant of many things which cannot yet be measured.

I have been involved in this kind of weird stuff for long enough to know that there is far more than we generally know about going on, and I have been lucky to be in the right place at the right time to experience it. That period of my life was very interesting, in fact it has all been interesting.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 AM

250 posts, read 369,198 times
I've had a bunch of things happen over the years....but the most recent was cool. I was at work, alone in the bathroom on the toilet..when the toilet in the stall next to me flushed. The funny part about that is I went to use that stall but didn't because it was dirty so I knew nobody was in there. I asked our maintenance the next day how that could happen, and they had no clue...never heard of such a thing in the building. Pretty creepy.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:14 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,692,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
I've had a bunch of things happen over the years....but the most recent was cool. I was at work, alone in the bathroom on the toilet..when the toilet in the stall next to me flushed. The funny part about that is I went to use that stall but didn't because it was dirty so I knew nobody was in there. I asked our maintenance the next day how that could happen, and they had no clue...never heard of such a thing in the building. Pretty creepy.

I believe in the paranormal.. but as the wife of a plumber, I can tell you toilets do flush by themselves occasionally. If you heard tinkle tinkle before it flushed... then it might be paranormal.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:43 PM

2,072 posts, read 4,591,244 times
This happened to me today and also once a few weeks. While driving along the highway, I noticed a white BMW M3 sports car. I'm a car enthusiast and thought the car was very nice. Then I thought, wow that cars nice, and wondered what it would look like in red. I turned off the highway onto a main street, and about 5 minutes later an IDENTICAL BMW IN RED pulls beside my car.

I would say it's a coincidence, but this has happened on more than once occassion.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:43 AM

10,452 posts, read 11,287,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
This happened to me today and also once a few weeks. While driving along the highway, I noticed a white BMW M3 sports car. I'm a car enthusiast and thought the car was very nice. Then I thought, wow that cars nice, and wondered what it would look like in red. I turned off the highway onto a main street, and about 5 minutes later an IDENTICAL BMW IN RED pulls beside my car.

I would say it's a coincidence, but this has happened on more than once occassion.
Happens to me with people all the time with people.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 AM

6,541 posts, read 10,686,522 times
Have You Ever Experienced Anything Paranormal?

Yes I have...

If So, What Happened?

That's MY business...

Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,348,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

Realize this is an old thread but something very similar happened to me about a month ago. I pulled into an event early and there was only 2 other cars in the parking lot. I have jeep patriot (pretty common). The first car in line was a jeep liberty that I remarked to my wife was my neighbors. I have never met him before but he has distinctive racks and stickers and have seen him on our road a few times. The next car was a jeep patriot just like mine. Then my jeep patriot. So only three cars present total in a row, all jeeps. Coincidence, Not that weird.

I then remark to my wife how crazy it would be if when we return to the parking lot and there is another jeep patriot parked right next to us. Not even 10-15 seconds later as we were still getting our stuff out still the 4th car pulls up and parks right next to us and sure enough it was a jeep patriot. It's like by me saying it, it made it appear.

I also have Alaska license plates (as I live here). I was in prescott AZ, where I know no Alaskans and pulled up to a stop light. The two cars in front of me both also had Alaska plates (3 in a row). Thousands of miles away from our state.

Maybe not paranormal but freaky coincidences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal