Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:57 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times

Advertisements

Ok, here's my story----this happened when I was about 8-9, so don't think it had anything to do with puberty.....

I was laying awake at night in bed, facing the wall. The light from the window across the hall would shine into my room when the street light came on, about 8 pm, as it did that night. Usually, it was a diffuse pattern of lights, shadows from trees swaying back and forth, nothing definite.

However, that night, the light came on in a distinct, rectangular pattern. It at first appeared in a diffuse pattern, then, the patterns started "marching" in a left-to-right" pattern. Then it stopped, like a freeze-frame. Then the distinct shadow of a skeleton appeared, in profile, its head hanging downward, with what appeared like a rope attached to it. Then, just as suddenly, the whole "slide show" just shut off, no more lights, when the street lights usually stayed on all night. It was NOT a windy or rainy night. I was so petrified, I couldn't even scream out. Years later, I described it to my mother, who was sleeping in the bed across from me. I described half of it, she finished the rest. We both agreed we saw it, it was not a dream. We never discussed it again.

Many years later, when I was grown and married and living in my own home, I asked my mother if anything abnormal----other than the skeleton---happened in the house. She hesitated, then said the man who owned the house before us committed suicide. He hung himself in the basement, right under the wall where we saw the skeleton. They never told me the story as a child because they didn't want me to be afraid.

Other strange things happened with that wall. The next incident, I was, about 10-12? Anyways, I was laying awake, running my left hand idly back and forth against the wall. Then, when I tried to take my hand away, it wouldn't move. I didn't feel any pressure or grip on it, it was just like some sort of "force field" preventing its movement. Then I pulled hard and it let go so hard it almost hit me in the face.

These odd things stopped when we moved the bed against the other wall......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 11:15 PM

77 posts, read 89,312 times
Default I can add two experiences...

even though I'm inclined to assign prosaic, rather than paranormal causes to them.

First one occurred when I was a grade schooler.

I don't have the context or details, but I had a "near death" experience including dark tunnel-like surroundings, lighted god-like figures, and a realization or suggestion that I needed to boogie back to my real life.

Following this I had a sense of assurance regarding the reality of god and afterlife that stayed with me for many years.

This would have been back in the 60's, before (being a kid) I'd heard anything about near death experiences... I was surprised by the similarities when I read the accounts years later.

As time went on I've thought it may have been a dream- one I've unconsciously modified as I remember memories of the event- or possibly an actual real life accident with hallucinogenic features due to oxygen deprivation or some such thing.

I don't necessarily believe when I see something with my own eyes- I've been fooled before.

The second experience was more jungian synchronicity than high drama.

A few years ago my wife and I are driving home when we begin to chat about kilts.

This is unusual and apropos of nothing.

We don't share scottish heritage, or have an interest in highland games, haggis, or bagpipes, or transvestism.
I don't think we've discussed them before or since.

A few seconds later we make our right turn, drive a couple of blocks, and see the guy walking down the sidewalk- In A Kilt!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:26 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,575,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfur View Post
Sure, my story is told in the thread " Weird things happening in a new home!!! I have had things happen differently at other previous addresses. The first experience happened at a home I rented on Greenwood Point Drive in Cypress, TX. The spirits there were much more like War Soldiers in the field and yard of the house. You could here them and spears being drawn and guns going off. Footsteps fast moving on the grass when you are looking at the grass and no one is there. There were children that laughed and played in the same field with the war activity going on out side. Inside the home the upstairs felt weird - midway about the top of the stairs felt as if you were being weighed on with something of the ex-ray jacket they put on you before a dental ex-ray. It was very odd.

The apartments I lived in Walnut Bend- Richmond area of Houston also had a little girl who wanted to play games all the time. This being-spirit would turn light switches on, when you turned them off. If you turned the ceiling fan on it would stop and speed up then slow down then turn off by itself. the favorite thing it loved to do was go door to door at night and knock several times. The knocks were small like a childs hand that knocks. Once you went to the door no one was there. this would go on all night so you never got any sleep. I was so frustrated on night that I simply was tired of this being and answered the door and cursed this spirit out!!! Yes, I know that sounds crazy but, at least I said what I needed to say. I asked this spirit to go to hell and leave me and my kids alone. I never had a knock on the door again after that night. It was weird but very peaceful after then.

The Condo I lived in on Dry Canyon Court in Katy, Tx was haunted as well it was fairly new with only one person living there before I did. As soon as you would go upstairs things were fine during the day. But, night would bring all sorts of activities up and down stairs. I felt something was in the hallway all the time watching us. Once going to bed you could hear a wind houl when there was no wind outside. I laid asleep on night and I was pushed off of my bed very hard and aggressive. It was hard enough to scuff my knee to the floor. This was the physical being that I mentioned in my other thread. It did not want us there. Every thing I did it would show anger such as breaking items- glass ware, plates and other décor. I left these addresses once my lease was up. But the new house . . . hmm.

It seems like you who's haunted, not those houses/condos/apartments. By the way, it was so mean of you cursing out the little ghost girl. You probably made her cry.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 PM

78 posts, read 77,452 times
Um, quite a few but I will tell my most profound earliest memory which i know was not a dream. I was in a nondescript place it had no walls, floors or doors you could see yet they were there. I understood innately I was to go thru a door but I do didn't know which to choose as they all looked the same. I saw someone walk past me to my right toward a light and I saw someone I recognized before from a past life enter a door a little to my left but directly across. I also even recall how I was leaning against the wall just lost but I chose to follow the person I recognized though not a true friend just because he chose with purpose and seemed to know where he was going and why. It's also for me to note I was a child about maybe 10 while the person I recognized was an adult in this spirit realm so of course naive. Come to find out as soon as I did I knew I chose the wrong way and I was incarnated born here in this realm, universe etc. My intuition on hindsight was I was supposed to go toward that light for me. where one belongs another world may not be for them etc I knew this intuitively and learn ng before physicists speculated mainstreamly about parallel universes, alternate dimensions, multiple universes with different laws I knew as a child in the heart so to speak.

I can't really stress enough how a sadness and a horrible loneliness as if all the souls who were like me were elsewhere and I would be surrounded either by those who were less evolved, misunderstood or I would be mistreated, used and tortured as this was where evil or predation had more acceptance or power or those types of souls.

It was true. I was born into a family that is like enemies not kindred spirits, were very different from me and I was abused. Pretty much the world was also cold along the way. But its OK as I've gotten spiritual precious help here and there along the way to endure this life for now. What comforts me is I also innately know my kindred spirits and Allies do exist and there are people who genuinely love me even if I was separated from them in this life or evil separated us.

Last edited by cyber123; 10-08-2015 at 10:02 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 12:21 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Here's another unusual experience---I don't know if you'd call it paranormal, a bizarre coincidence, or whatever....judge for yourself (insert music from Twilight Zone)

This happened about 25 years ago. I got one of those chain letters, stating if you didn't forward the letters to 20 people in 10 days, bad luck would befall you. I just tossed it aside, thinking no more of it.

On day 11 from receiving the letter, my mother was coming to visit and had a heart attack on the plane enroute. They made an emergency landing halfway, I believe in Cincinnati. She was taken off the plane to a hospital. We were awaiting her arrival in Houston when we got a call from the airline saying what had happened. They offered to fly us up there to be with her---this was SWA. Before we left, I made out copies of the chain letter and insisted NOT to get on that plane until they had been deposited in the mail. Mother came through fine.

Well, what would you have done in such situation? Strange......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal