Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM

39 posts, read 42,265 times

Advertisements

Hitherto existing knowledge on the subject of posthumous life was based mostly on religious misconceptions and superstitions. Moderator cut: solicitatoin

Last edited by june 7th; 03-30-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 12:57 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftFn View Post
Hitherto existing knowledge on the subject of posthumous life was based mostly on religious misconceptions and superstitions. Moderator cut: orphaned
It's not quite that simple. Psychiatric issues do not address the fact sane people see unexplainable things. Religions try to interpret/explain real human expericences much like science, just under a different set of rules, but that doesn't mean the root cause of religion's assumptions about certain phenomenon is wrong/nonexistant.

In other words, we may falsely interpret visions of people and things that shouldn't be there as the disembodied spirits of the dead, but I am not so convinced sane people don't actually see things that shouldn't be there. The whole ghost thing has been going on for as long as people have been around to record it...Something is causing it.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-30-2011 at 05:01 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Psychiatric issues do not address the fact sane people see unexplainable things
it isn't so simple, many psychical diseases still stayed unexplainable or in the major part unexplainable, for example at least several forms of psychosis

Quote:
Religions try to interpret/explain real human expericences much like science, just under a different set of rules
I would be better If you would write that religions try tu explain human experiences under a set of many different SUPERSTITIONS

Quote:
The whole ghost thing has been going on for as long as people have been around to record it...Something is causing it.
so citation from mentioned article:

Quote:
"
6. Exist no supernatural beings, from field of religion stays only reincarnation, but understood unlike till now.

7. The law of karma is mostly a fiction.

8. Posthumous state is the same what state of sleep – it is a state of unconsciousness, and is not a state of intelligent and goal directed activity – this is state of unactiveness.
"
what is causing this whole ghost thing ? as far as I am able to understand it, answer which is giving an article is:
- something like state of sleep

Last edited by ShiftFn; 03-30-2011 at 07:09 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM

I don't know what causes it. Perhaps someday we will, and the phenomenon will be scientifically understood. Our advances in the realm of quantum physics are showing the universe is much, MUCH deeper and complicated than previously assumed.

Until then, keep your blinders on if it makes you happy. Dogma and preconceived notions of what is and/or isn't bogs sciences down just as much as religion.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I don't know what causes it. Perhaps someday we will, and the phenomenon will be scientifically understood. Our advances in the realm of quantum physics are showing the universe is much, MUCH deeper and complicated than previously assumed.

Until then, keep your blinders on if it makes you happy. Dogma and preconceived notions of what is and/or isn't bogs sciences down just as much as religion.
This is the same as religious dogma, one has to first believe in ghosts before they appear to you.

At 53, I have never seen a ghost, an angel, a demon or anything supernatural. I once too believed they possibly existed but somehow they never manifested.

IMO this is just a bunch of tales of folk trying to pass credibility to things they could not explain.

This could have well been viewed as an angry god in times of yore.

Volcano lightning

Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA
This could have well been viewed as an angry god in times of yore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA
At 53, I have never seen a ghost, an angel, a demon or anything supernatural. I once too believed they possibly existed but somehow they never manifested.
according to mentioned text all supernatural creatures are product of imagination, exactly the same imagination which is appearing in state of sleep, and we all know that in dreams we can see many different 'things' but they aren't real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango
I don't know what causes it
but mentioned text IS giving an answer

Quote:
Dogma and preconceived notions of what is and/or isn't bogs sciences down just as much as religion.
so second citation from mentioned text:
Quote:
"
(the author of the text originates from outside of Anglosaxon lingual area)

Religion and philosophy as illness

1. All domain of esoterism, of yoga, of meditation can be counted to area of primeval religion. It is the same field what shamanistic beliefs and practices.

2. Important part of such practices consist in obtainment of state of trance [frequency of brain waves attains level Theta/Delta 0,5-7 Hz, similarly as during a sleep]. Trance is state of waking dream, in the same way can be defined schizophrenia and in the same way can be defined paranoid psychosis.

3. Thus this domain does not lead to enlightenment, only psychosis, that is to say illness.

4. The illness appeared at the rising of religion, before tens thousands of years, and the illness appeared on following stage of development of religion [polytheism, monotheism, christianity etc.] and at the rising and during the development of philosophy.

5. All field of religion, philosophy – which is in fact an only certain version of religion, and most of the humanities, are self possessed by morbid condition.

9. Religion should disappear and give place subdomain of psychology interesting in the problem of ‘posthumous state’ as identical with state of sleep. There should disappear also philosophy and give place history of Science.

OCTEM 579877, Denmark (2008)

"
where do you see here any dogmas or preconceived notions ?

Remember that most of new good theories at the beginning were treated as preconceived or as dogmas, but later it appeared that they were relevant

Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM

YouTube - UFO Parallel Universe by Michio Kaku

Ignore the goofy title. Michio Kaku is a very respected and cutting edge physicist. Open your mind to the possibility of "other worlds", because that's where science is going today.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Ignore the goofy title
why are you using so strong words, are you afraid of something ?

Quote:
Michio Kaku is a very respected and cutting edge physicist
Mihio kaku is very incompetent physicist

Quote:
Open your mind to the possibility of "other worlds", because that's where science is going today
'other worlds' it is religion (it isn't even philosophy) and for sure it isn't science

Last edited by ShiftFn; 03-31-2011 at 01:34 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftFn View Post
why are you using so strong words, are you afraid of something ?

Mihio kaku is very incompetent physicist

'other worlds' it is religion (it isn't even philosophy) and for sure it isn't science
Look at my post count, buddy.... Do you really think I'd hang around here so much if I was afraid of something or felt the burning need to prove something to whoever wanders in and out of the forum?

Do you really think I'll suffer horribly if I can't convince you that your eyes are closed? They're your eyes...no skin off my back.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Look at my post
I can only add that according to theory from cited text (if you want read whole you can use a title) conception of 'Parallel Universes' is a symptom of MENTAL ILLNESS

Last edited by ShiftFn; 03-31-2011 at 01:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal