U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM

4,898 posts, read 5,614,398 times

Advertisements

Before this goes any further, I would like to point out that there is a skeptic/debunker's opinion available for just about every Ufo case that is well known. This gives the public (those that don't know the truth) two options in which to believe. It's a tactic that is used even in politics (liberal vs conservative).

With such clever tactics in place, the public has to rely on their own logic and their own ideology (both of which are influenced heavily by the media and the mentality of one's local area). As a result, a person usually has to experience an Ufo before they become open to the idea that reports from military witnesses are in fact real. For those folks (UFO witnesses), reports from credible military witnesses somewhat vindicates them. There is a feeling of comfort to know that someone in high places is now saying "YES, I've witnessed Ufos too". FWIW, nearly 14% of Americans claim to have seen an UFO. I'd say that number would be much greater if there wasn't a giggle factor associated with seeing an UFO.

Now, let's talk about UFOs and nukes

This is a very sensitive topic for many reasons. Personally, I don't wish to argue about whether or not the reports are real. I prefer the "what if" approach.

What if it's just a bunch of lies
This would be the "simplest" answer. If we all believe its a lie, then there is no reason for anyone to waste their time inquiring about this topic (thus no reason to answer questions about this topic either). This option is the "case closed, nothing to see here folks" option.

What if it's the truth
This option presents too many "issues" such as National security, religious impacts, and scientific impacts. It is the more difficult pill to swallow of the two options. Clearly, believing this all to be a lie is the path of least resistence (sort of like believing that a round Earth was a lie at one point was the path of least resistence). We do have a history of taking the "easy road" instead of the truth road. Call it human nature...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,666,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think it is odd (not) of course that you refuse to read any of the links. Considering they are not from the air force. Please who are these 120 service men, and why are they not speaking up and identifying themselves. I have not heard of any of them. Salas and Hastings are liars, so I wont go by any book they write.

echo flight Reality Uncovered

Dr. Allen Hynek who was the scientific Advisor for project Blue Book finally came out and admitted that the government lied, and purposely missled the American public. Link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFA9OUjd8k

How many times can they openly lie to you, before you start to question?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 AM

[quote=Nea1;18910562]I think it is odd (not) of course that you refuse to read any of the links. Considering they are not from the air force. Please who are these 120 service men, and why are they not speaking up and identifying themselves. I have not heard of any of them. Salas and Hastings are liars, so I wont go by any book they write.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM

4,898 posts, read 5,614,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Dr. Allen Hynek who was the scientific Advisor for project Blue Book finally came out and admitted that the government lied, and purposely missled the American public. Link below

How many times can they openly lie to you, before you start to question?
Here is the video I think you meant to post.

YouTube - Dr. J Allen Hynek Admits Astronomers do see UFO's ! (1977)

Old 04-27-2011, 10:56 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,273,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Before this goes any further, I would like to point out that there is a skeptic/debunker's opinion available for just about every Ufo case that is well known. This gives the public (those that don't know the truth) two options in which to believe. It's a tactic that is used even in politics (liberal vs conservative).

With such clever tactics in place, the public has to rely on their own logic and their own ideology (both of which are influenced heavily by the media and the mentality of one's local area). As a result, a person usually has to experience an Ufo before they become open to the idea that reports from military witnesses are in fact real. For those folks (UFO witnesses), reports from credible military witnesses somewhat vindicates them. There is a feeling of comfort to know that someone in high places is now saying "YES, I've witnessed Ufos too". FWIW, nearly 14% of Americans claim to have seen an UFO. I'd say that number would be much greater if there wasn't a giggle factor associated with seeing an UFO.

Now, let's talk about UFOs and nukes

This is a very sensitive topic for many reasons. Personally, I don't wish to argue about whether or not the reports are real. I prefer the "what if" approach.

What if it's just a bunch of lies
This would be the "simplest" answer. If we all believe its a lie, then there is no reason for anyone to waste their time inquiring about this topic (thus no reason to answer questions about this topic either). This option is the "case closed, nothing to see here folks" option.

What if it's the truth
This option presents too many "issues" such as National security, religious impacts, and scientific impacts. It is the more difficult pill to swallow of the two options. Clearly, believing this all to be a lie is the path of least resistence (sort of like believing that a round Earth was a lie at one point was the path of least resistence). We do have a history of taking the "easy road" instead of the truth road. Call it human nature...

Of course there is, there has to be, someone has to examine and investigate because if we didn't people would be believing all sorts of asinine crap. If there was no evidence of any wrong doing or lying by the people involved or other evidence of their character being questionable, then there would be nothing be skeptical about. I just find if funny that almost all the so called ufo sightings has some sketchy person or persons involved. Why do you think that is. OR there is no real evidence other than hearsay. NO ONE knows the truth, they just think they do. Until one flies right out for all to see and leave real evidence behind, we all have no idea. If there were no connections to a lie, then we would not believe it to be a lie. But they all seem to go that way.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,273,106 times
Quote:
Oh ok, I will believe him. Because he said so.

I am so glad I am not that gullible.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Thanks urbancharlotte. I did my best, but was unable to post it. Actually the one I tried to post has Hynek saying that Project Book was put out there to keep the people from the real truth.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM

16,310 posts, read 14,881,990 times
Then aliens, in what ever form they come, unless absolutely human (to the DNA level) would prove that we are not created in gods image, but that god is created in mans image. But that is so obvious to begin with.

Evolution rules: Throughout the universe

Old 04-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh ok, I will believe him. Because he said so.

I am so glad I am not that gullible.

High Ranking Officials Confirm Rendlesham forest UFO incident

High Ranking Officials Confirm Rendlesham Forest Ufo Inc...

Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Then aliens, in what ever form they come, unless absolutely human (to the DNA level) would prove that we are not created in gods image, but that god is created in mans image. But that is so obvious to begin with.

Evolution rules: Throughout the universe
God knew these aliens from the beginning. They are not human, and they are not our friends. And they have come here to deceive us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal