Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Just because he is intellectual doesn't mean he isn't brainwashed or mentally ill.
True; it doesn't. But he's not.

Quote:
And, was his call to the ministry some sort of born again experience?
Nope.

Quote:
Was he thisclose to suicide due to depression, drugs, prison, alcoholism, or something and then he "found jesus" as a way to escape reality?
Nope; none of the above.

Did you read my entire post? I said he had always had faith. Not "born again," no big revelation. Just faith from the get-go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I am looking for a supernatural experience... Does that mean it won't happen. Maybe it happens when u r not looking for it???

Old 07-08-2011, 03:55 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I wonder if insomnia has anything to do with the supernatural????

Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 PM

345 posts, read 833,448 times
Default Have You Ever Had a Ghost/Supernatural Experience?

Have you ever had a supernatural experience? Do you even believe in ghosts? Do you believe people's stories of ghosts. There is a television show about celebrities' ghost stories, so I figured that if a lot celebrities have had a ghost experience, people on City Data must have had one.

So do you have one?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Yes

Yes

Not always

Several

Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Let's here some!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM

452 posts, read 310,630 times
I've had one or two run-ins with what I believe to be paranormal entities... nothing much though. Well, one touched me (didn't see it) and then another that I saw... and my dad has some interesting experiences that he's shared with me.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
We stayed at a 100+ year-old hotel in Port Townsend, WA one night, and
several strange things made me a skeptical believer. The next morning when we left I stopped at the guest book and noticed several guests having written about paranormal experiences. Later when we got home I did some research and found that there has been so much activity there, that the Pacific Northwest paranormal Society was having their convention there.
It turns out to have been a brothel in the past with a few murders.

Since then I saw a full body figure at my parents home about midnight.

History of The Palace Hotel in Port Townsend, WA

Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
We live on a haunted farm. On occasion, while we're watching TV at night, we can see someone walk across the front yard when we know that nobody's outside.

When my sister was about 3 she would hold conversations with our grandmother. She had died several years before my sister was born. My aunt decided to ask my sister a question that only my Grandmother would know the answer to. My sister gave her the correct one.

When my best friend died, I knew. I could smell his favorite soap. I was out in the woods at the time, no soap in sight!

Things around our house frequently wander off. One of us can set down a cup of coffee, walk out of the room, walk back in and it's gone.

This is the condensed version. I have more stories than I have the time to tell

NEXT!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,101 times
I woke up in the night and saw a young man with a shadow beard, cut-offs, no shirt and a bandana around his head. He was younger then 30 I know. Anyway, he was bent over examining my husband pretty much from head to toe..I watched for a few seconds then said hey who are you? He turned around and went into the other room I followed him but he disappeared when he got to the window. He never looked at me in the face so I could see his face clearly and why did he turn and leave instead of just disappearing I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal