Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
It won't help, it follows me and has been with me since childhood. I was sitting in our break room with another therapist when I caught this puzzled look on her face. I looked behind me an a couple of stethiscopes were swinging on the door handle. At the same hospital I was working in pediatrics and telling some family members about my strange house when this tub flew off of the night stand. We all laughed this nervous laugh and one of the family members said that it's following you. I was working at my current hospital and someone left the water running when they left the room so I turned it off. About a minute later the water was running again. In the same room a few months later I had the clip board on the heater behind me. It only hung over an inch and yet it went smashing to the floor. I was feet away from it. My husband says I'm haunted. Did you see the picture I posted under my thread Supernatural or Optical Illusion? These things just seem to find me and I don't understand what it is or why.
I don't doubt you, but since you are in the healing professions, sometimes a humanistic or transpersonal psychologist can give you some direction. They tend to be more open minded to spiritual matters.

Have you tried clergy? I don't know your religious beliefs, but practically every religion has someone to refer you to in such areas.

Again, if there are any spiritualist churches in your area, you may consult with them.

Hanging around the house is one thing, but following me around all day would be a real nuisance - but maybe that's just my hangup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
It won't help, it follows me and has been with me since childhood. I was sitting in our break room with another therapist when I caught this puzzled look on her face. I looked behind me an a couple of stethiscopes were swinging on the door handle. At the same hospital I was working in pediatrics and telling some family members about my strange house when this tub flew off of the night stand. We all laughed this nervous laugh and one of the family members said that it's following you. I was working at my current hospital and someone left the water running when they left the room so I turned it off. About a minute later the water was running again. In the same room a few months later I had the clip board on the heater behind me. It only hung over an inch and yet it went smashing to the floor. I was feet away from it. My husband says I'm haunted. Did you see the picture I posted under my thread Supernatural or Optical Illusion? These things just seem to find me and I don't understand what it is or why.
When things go bump in our house, I just tend to ignore it. We have cycles of activity, and to be honest, I consider it normal in our house. My people (Native Peoples) are very open to spirits and I am open to things we cannot understand or explain.

For me, it was just a matter of burning cedar and/or white sage, and fanning the house with an eagle feather. I have had the door knob turn while I am watching tv in the man cave, (and lots of other things happen) but I just go <yawn> ho hum, and don't make a big deal about it. I know it sounds funny, but I know they exist and we have never felt bad vibes or any sense of fearfulness.

Obviously I won't try and explain yours. You are not alone being a sensitive person.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times
Have any of you seen "Long Island Medium"? What do you think aboiut that?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Have any of you seen "Long Island Medium"? What do you think aboiut that?
Any time I see results like that every single time, and they find spirits on every single episode then I think it's a bunch of staged crap. I like My Ghost Story as it's different people all the time. The strange things that have happened to me have happened through out my life and not on cue. They also subside and reoccur randomly without rhyme or reason.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:06 AM

Thanks redbird, but this started in my childhood at around age 5 when I used to see several entities walking single file through my room. It was terrifying, as was the towel incident when we first moved into our house. On a funny note: I was alone in the house tonight cleaning in the bedroom upstairs that we just started our restoration on and was thinking about how things become active when we start a project. I was also wondering where DH was as well when I heard some noises on the first floor. Our dog usually jumps around when we come home and I didn't hear that. I was starting to get a tad concerned when I finally realized it was my husband. Had to laugh about that one, but I'm still wondering if things are going to heat up again.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't doubt you, but since you are in the healing professions, sometimes a humanistic or transpersonal psychologist can give you some direction. They tend to be more open minded to spiritual matters.

Have you tried clergy? I don't know your religious beliefs, but practically every religion has someone to refer you to in such areas.

Again, if there are any spiritualist churches in your area, you may consult with them.

Hanging around the house is one thing, but following me around all day would be a real nuisance - but maybe that's just my hangup.
I have talked to an MD friend and he thinks it's a form of telekinesis. I've been called gifted as well. I think an exorcism is out of the question as I would have a very hard time keeping a straight face. I have a very kind and gentle nature. I'm a kid and animal magnet. If you visit my photo album you will see me with a wild squirrel on my lap. I think that is the good side of whatever this is. It also saved my husband from a serious motorcycle accident when we were newly married. He was just about to pull out and I was stopped dead in my tracks by my inner voice and told to go with him. He almost turned in front of someone with no headlights on. I'm grateful I was there to stop him. Now if it would just give me the winning lottery numbers.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If you ever run across a group that studies Metaphysics, you might befriend someone and elicit some help to find out what this is all about.

I am surprised that your dog does not react to these things way before you do. Usually, they are more aware than we are.

Don't you find that strange?

If you find what is happening disturbing, move.
I never had any loud noises, but I had doors opening and closing, fans going off and on, objects disappearing and reappearing. It was my dad, after he'd passed. Nothing from my mom when she went. I had contact from two old boyfriends that I'd had in my youth and my girlfriend's mom and a few other people. I knew who they were, heard their voices, but I don't make an effort to develop this, and just take it as something natural.

However, I once was trying to buy a house and refused to go into one because of the odor and the feeling of evil in the house. It scared the heck out of me, but was nothing I could actually relate except some evil dead thing. Ugh!

What I am saying is that some things are kind of normal and just 'are'. I think people who have left us (or a place) sometimes just have an auspicious moment and choose that to drop by and say hello and be acknowledged. Other things you should not acknowledge at all and leave you feeling that they are unfriendly and when that happens you know to get out asap.
I had a cat that used to stare at a particular corner in our bedroom. I had a dog that reacted to something at my In-Laws. I was up in the attic of their house and had that I need to get out of here feeling. My dog stayed on the second level with his hair raised growling and barking. I was to scared to go back and see what it was. Our current dog did get up to see who was walking on the stairs, and he barks at noises. He's very docile and sedate and maybe just thinks. Whatever. I have smelled a strange odor in this house as well. I heard footsteps going down the stairs in the early morning and jumped up to try to see it. I got to the bottom of the stairs and this cold chill went up and down my spine and there was a very putrid odor there. I never saw anything.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:28 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
A helpful entity is not going to be scaring the heck out of you. Whoever told you to go with your husband was not the same thing you are dealing with that is giving you cold chills and putrid odors. If you are getting monster-like reactions like the towel incident and nasty odors, you are not dealing with a benign form. It could have been his guardian angel or yours that told you to go with your husband, but it is not your guardian angel or his that is scaring you in the shower. Seriously. Next time you sense someone coming up the stairs, yell loudly at it " Get out! This is not your house anymore . Get out and leave us alone!" Maybe it will go away.

If it's just your husband coming up the stairs, tell him you were kidding, lol.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
A helpful entity is not going to be scaring the heck out of you. Whoever told you to go with your husband was not the same thing you are dealing with that is giving you cold chills and putrid odors. If you are getting monster-like reactions like the towel incident and nasty odors, you are not dealing with a benign form. It could have been his guardian angel or yours that told you to go with your husband, but it is not your guardian angel or his that is scaring you in the shower. Seriously. Next time you sense someone coming up the stairs, yell loudly at it " Get out! This is not your house anymore . Get out and leave us alone!" Maybe it will go away.

If it's just your husband coming up the stairs, tell him you were kidding, lol.
I agree with temptation001. Animalcrazy, my experiences started at age 3 or 4 also. I have a few stories but I rarely put them out there on this forum. I don't invite ridicule, and believe me, this forum has it's trolls just waiting for an opening. Humor is fine, but out and out trolling is just not cool.

Overall, I am not troubled by my experiences. In our home, they (spirits) know me and they know they will be called to cease if they get on my nerves. I am not afraid to show my anger. I am not just a toy for them, nor will I tolerate my home being a play ground. Maybe it's my personality, but if you don't start controlling it, they will control you and your emotions. That's just my opinion. I don't watch ghost shows, it just invites more activity IMO. Except I do watch Chip Coffey's show. But most of those shows differ from how Native American's deal with entity's.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,221,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree with temptation001. Animalcrazy, my experiences started at age 3 or 4 also. I have a few stories but I rarely put them out there on this forum. I don't invite ridicule, and believe me, this forum has it's trolls just waiting for an opening. Humor is fine, but out and out trolling is just not cool.

Overall, I am not troubled by my experiences. In our home, they (spirits) know me and they know they will be called to cease if they get on my nerves. I am not afraid to show my anger. I am not just a toy for them, nor will I tolerate my home being a play ground. Maybe it's my personality, but if you don't start controlling it, they will control you and your emotions. That's just my opinion. I don't watch ghost shows, it just invites more activity IMO. Except I do watch Chip Coffey's show. But most of those shows differ from how Native American's deal with entity's.
Oh Honey, let me tell you a little about Chip Coffey and his show "Psychic Kids"

The man is a fraud, and the show is scripted.

My middle son's former girlfriend is a fairly gifted sensitive. Her mother contacted the show and they were interested so, out they came.

It was made quite clear to the girl that her segment would be "enhanced" for dramatic effect. Her responses would be scripted and CC needed a full bio on her prior to their "first" meeting.

Now, this man claims to know nothing about these kids before he meets them. Really? What a liar!

Her mother literally threw them out of her house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal