U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-10-2011, 07:37 AM

21,002 posts, read 10,807,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
People trained themselves to be scared of ghosts, vampires, werewolves, etc., so as not to be afraid of REALLY scary things.

My dog, though, could perceive the ghost in my house.

She used to really focus on it.
LOL! Dogs do that to fool humans! it's just a dog joke.

Cats are better at it but at least they don't laugh as loud when their humans get all freaked out about it......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who here believes in ghosts?

Have you ever had a weird experience?
Ever live in a haunted house?

Are you religious?

Is it just some political thing, to scare the masses into religion.
Well, it might be difficult to connect all the dots here, but I'll try:
(1)Ghosts, (2) Politics, (3)Science, (4)Religion.
(1) This is a Halloween post, right???, By God, with the Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer administration, this is a Holloween Nightmare and that they are not real but only ghostly gauls.
(2) Politics: see (1) above.
(3) Science: We need a highly scientific group of scientists to disect Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer to see if he has any micorobe of a functioning brain or is it some kind of a plague he has instilling upon his voters.
(4)Religion: Since the Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer administration I have become deeply religious. Only God can save us now.

Unread 10-10-2011, 08:28 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,740,380 times
I believe in ghosts and have encountered some strange happenings. I've never heard of ghosts being politicized. Now we're entering the season where people will complain about the negative influences of Halloween( witchcraft, the devil) and people will complain about the people who complain about it( oh those fundamentalist christians are such prudes). Then they'll complain about Christmas being in your face and how its displays shouldn't be in public places, basically the pot calling the kettle black. All that IS politicized and people should just chill out and let others enjoy the Holidays the way they want to even if they don't.
I am religious and believe in the afterlife. I don't necessarily believe in hell per se.

Unread 10-10-2011, 09:24 AM

21,002 posts, read 10,807,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Well, it might be difficult to connect all the dots here, but I'll try:
(1)Ghosts, (2) Politics, (3)Science, (4)Religion.
(1) This is a Halloween post, right???, By God, with the Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer administration, this is a Holloween Nightmare and that they are not real but only ghostly gauls.
(2) Politics: see (1) above.
(3) Science: We need a highly scientific group of scientists to disect Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer to see if he has any micorobe of a functioning brain or is it some kind of a plague he has instilling upon his voters.
(4)Religion: Since the Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer administration I have become deeply religious. Only God can save us now.
A functioning brain produced this... "Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer" ???

It's Hussein, BTW. If you're going to ridicule middle names at least spell them correctly...I spelled President Walker's name correctly.

Unread 10-10-2011, 09:38 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,467,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Sorry, but only we, the people, can save ourselves from this mess. It was believing in supermen that got us here in case you hadn't noticed. If you want to get the Commies out of the White house, you need to roll up your sleeves and prepare to get dirty because gods are historically notorious for abandoning their faithful flock when they need help the most. Gods don't overthrow dictators and kings. People do.

One part of me would just as soon let it ride and watch the world go to hell in a hand basket because maybe it's just time for a reboot.

Unread 10-10-2011, 09:39 AM

11,101 posts, read 4,720,146 times
[quote=BentBow;19251324]Who here believes in ghosts?

i believe in ghosts, or more accurately the spirit world. must be the indian blood in me.

Quote:
Have you ever had a weird experience?
hasent everyone?

Quote:
Ever live in a haunted house?
nope

Quote:
Are you religious?
as in do i attend church all the time? no. but i do have a strong belief and faith in god.

Quote:
Is it just some political thing, to scare the masses into religion.
it is nothing political, at least not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal