Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 04:09 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Do you think there are dinosaurs walking the earth in this day and age?
Yes I do. In areas that are remote where only natives live and missionaries serve such beast have been experienced. And on numerous occasions. Even a team from monster quest have stated they believe such natives have experienced them, based on their interviews. Believers in evolution deny all such reports, because once again it would put their theory into question.

Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins (http://www.livingdinos.com/mokele_mbembe.html - broken link)

Old 06-15-2011, 04:33 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes I do. In areas that are remote where only natives live and missionaries serve such beast have been experienced. And on numerous occasions. Even a team from monster quest have stated they believe such natives have experienced them, based on their interviews. Believers in evolution deny all such reports, because once again it would put their theory into question.

Cryptozoology, Living Dinosaurs, and Origins (http://www.livingdinos.com/mokele_mbembe.html - broken link)
LOL, a living dinosaur would not create a problem for the theory of evolution, it would just mean that a specie still survives that was long thought extinct. This would in no rational mean, invalidate the theory of evolution. It would, perhaps, answer a lot of unanswered questions.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

Sheesh, I read a part of that site, but had to stop, as I could feel my IQ points slipping down...

Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 PM

869 posts, read 972,310 times
Quote:
LOL, a living dinosaur would not create a problem for the theory of evolution, it would just mean that a species still survives that was long thought extinct. This would in no rational mean, invalidate the theory of evolution. It would, perhaps, answer a lot of unanswered questions.
Absolutely right! They would just retract all the BS they were claiming previously and make up some other drivel.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Anyone think we should have a City-Data 'Troll Of The Year Award'?

I bet Tom would win it every year.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:08 AM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Anyone think we should have a City-Data 'Troll Of The Year Award'?

I bet Tom would win it every year.
I don't think Tom is a troll....I think he actually believes all the stuff he posts, but there are some posters here in contention for that illustrious title...LOL

Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
In areas that are remote where only natives live and missionaries serve such beast have been experienced.
Prove that. Post an actual photo--and not a grainy, fuzzy one, either.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
LOL, a living dinosaur would not create a problem for the theory of evolution, it would just mean that a specie still survives that was long thought extinct. This would in no rational mean, invalidate the theory of evolution. It would, perhaps, answer a lot of unanswered questions.

For years believers in evolution told us dinosaurs died off 65 million years ago. These same believers mocked believers of the Bible because Bible believers said dinosaurs existed with man. When such existance of dinosaurs is finally revealed. It will be Biblical truth that is confirmed, and not the theory of evolution. The Bible will continually be found to be true. And that would include the creation story. The beliefs pushed by evolution, will continue to be found to be false.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:11 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
It's OK folks...I've got him under control.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
You are right. The case for existing dinosaurs is pretty thin. Doubtful models and carvings from S America, obscure monster references in the Bible, persistent long - necked animal art from Egypt through Babylon, China and into the medieval, the Loch Ness plesiosaur and other sea- monsters. And the Ta Phrom Stegosaur, of course.

While this and all the other reports are very questionable, the possibility (and a charming one it is) that the odd dinosaur group could have survived to the present day is unproven and we await better than unverified anecdotes and claims.

As you say, even if a few living fossil Dinosaur herbivores were still holding out in the tropics, that would fall far short of the massive herds that roamed leaving myriad footprints in the mud - levels supposedly left by the Flood (requiring that the dinosaurs had to have survived the Flood, which is what all this is about and don't let any theist tell you it's about anything else).

Dinosaurs appeared in the Triassic and pretty much died out in the Cretaceous. If some survived it is because there were some places where conditions did not deteriorate as badly as elsewhere. It is certainly not because anyone collected two of each and herded them onto a large wooden boat.

There is no convincing or substantive evidence of the survival of dinosaurs or even of the pre -dinosaur reptiles or post dinosaur large mammals, and they should all have been on the Ark as well. Where are the claims of sightings of Titanothere, Indracotherium and Smilodon? Where is Dimetrodon, Protosuchus and Leymuria? Why is it always Dinosaurs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal