Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The article says this about the police who responded: "After thoroughly searching the area for several hours—with the assistance of some of the braver villagers carrying machetes—they found no trace of the creature".

No trace, does not mean no dinosaur.

Last edited by Campbell34; 06-14-2011 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Forgetaboutit....Cryptozoology is not a recognized branch of zoology or a discipline of science, it's just a bunch of nuts chasing myths, but that is right up your alley, isn't it Tom.

What does Cryptozoology have to do with all the other reports that are coming to us from missionaries, natives, explorers, and army personnel. You can't dismiss what is going on by Cryptozoology. However non believers like to ignore everything else, and focus their attention on one source. Thinking they can get the rest of us to believe that source, is the only source.

http://www.livingdinos.com/mokele_mbembe.html (broken link)

Old 06-14-2011, 06:29 PM

430 posts, read 583,298 times
Going to your link, the first line I read, a sort of mission statement for Tom's web site, is this:

Attacking the Evolutionary view of dinosaurs and supporting the Biblical view that man and dinosaurs have lived together and may still live.

Nothing biased about that, huh, Tom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The thing is, that it is a photo of a decomposing basking shark, not a dinosaur.

Sea-Monster or Shark: An Alleged Plesiosaur Carcass
sanspeur, this is obviously far too long an article for C34 to wade through especially when he will mis-read, mis-quote or mis-interpret anything that he doesn't like. The entire article, for example, versus the biased and technically undocmented link he provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So then, anything goes, is that it? You or Joe Blow make some outlandish Christian-media-based claim absent any evidence, photos or footprints, in fact, anything at all except some completely untrained observations by a bunch of shrieking terrified villagers who can't even read. A one-time event shrouded in abject night terror. This is fine with you, versus good hard follow-up laboratory work? Perhaps this would be a great place for you to fit in culturally?

All because you also feel this substantiates your unthinking belief that it was all Created one week 6,000 to 13,000 yrs ago, and that the resulting dinosaurs still wander among us, some even nicely tamed?

Tell me, Tom, do you believe any of the medical lab reports you may well have participated in of late? Or do you also dismiss them out of hand because you'd rather not be ill ever again? Denial as a therapy perhaps?

Quote:
What does Cryptozoology have to do with all the other reports that are coming to us from missionaries, natives, explorers, and army personnel. You can't dismiss what is going on by Cryptozoology. However non believers like to ignore everything else, and focus their attention on one source. Thinking they can get the rest of us to believe that source, is the only source.

http://www.livingdinos.com/mokele_mbembe.html (broken link)
Not so, demonstrably. The problem is simply that crypto-zoologists ( a self-annointed but unearned title implying some sort of earned credibility, like "Answers in Genesis") do not employ, at any level, the proven and reliable scientific method, which is a means to eliminate or significantly reduce bias, lies, faked evidence, personal egos and all the other trappings so common in man's usual activities, not the least of which is Christianity.

As others here have pointed out so often, it's always science that uncovers fakery within it's ranks. Then, of course, the predatory religious, including you if I recall, pounce on such single incidents (NatGeo's tiny dinosaur in China, for instance, which also did turn out to be mis-dated, but still an ancient dinosaur. You didn't follow up wsith that nit of news though, did you?)

You then act as though such internal findings kill every scientific result. Sorry; that won't work. We're all waiting for religion to adopt this same honesty and peer-review. They seem oddly uninterested.

Yes, we are non-believers in nonsense, not by some rote conclusion, but rather by carefully analyzing the endless string of outlandish knee-jerk claims, absurd results and the predictable lack if interest in follow-through, a hallmark of good science.

Your OP is a mockery of science, and it shows. This is, however, the ongoing basis for all your claims to fame.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am starting to think the real monster in the room is not the dinosaur but the gullible. We should be running away from that room screaming, but I suppose it is rather hilarious as well as highly disturbing...

I have been to Papua New Guinea a couple of times and never realised how close I came to becoming a chew toy for some Pterodactyl . Phew ! The narrow escape... I think it is darn impolite and quite frankly sneaky of those lovely tribesmen to have never mentioned it.

Nobody tells me anything, I have known this for years but this takes the biscuit.

I guess cloning dinosaurs just got a lot easier ... Jurassic Park , here we come !

On a serious note is the OP on medication ? There is something highly disturbing aside from the comic aspect of it and I cannot but think that some form of mental health help would be a good thing.

Creationism is one thing, live dinosaurs and seeing demons takes it to whole new level of mind boggling mental issues. I find it terrifying that we have so many troubled people who are not getting the help they so desperately need.

Unless as someone pointed out it is simply a form of internet trolling.
Ya know??? There is a hospital in the village of Butner, N.C. that specializes in just this sort of delusion!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
You have yet to show anything coming from a "legitimate source". Try it and we shall see, okay?

It is risible that you would call others "indoctrinated"!
Oh wait!! What was that line?? Oh Yeah, "The Pot calling the kettle beige".

Old 06-15-2011, 05:44 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Do you think there are dinosaurs walking the earth in this day and age?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
This coming from someone that views the fables of the bible as fact, does this surprise anyone? No evidence is needed to convince those that already believe a boat load of absurdities.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This coming from someone that views the fables of the bible as fact, does this surprise anyone? No evidence is needed to convince those that already believe a boat load of absurdities.
Just wait; you'll see--your use of that phrase 'boat load' will wind up dragging Noah's Ark into the proceedings.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred314x View Post
just wait; you'll see--your use of that phrase 'boat load' will wind up dragging noah's ark into the proceedings.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Just wait; you'll see--your use of that phrase 'boat load' will wind up dragging Noah's Ark into the proceedings.
I've been expecting him to drag out the old Ta Phrom 'Steggie" carving at Angkor Wat in Cambodia again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal