Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 11:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times

Advertisements

Cnn Article states that yeti theories were scientifically debunked. I disagree, although some relics were.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...eet/ar-AAAIB65

https://mobile.twitter.com/adgpi/sta...l%2Findex.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 04:01 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Too easy to fake footprints in the snow.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:23 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
The video that included clips from "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" shows how seriously they are taking it.
I've been to India and Nepal including parts of the Everest trail and gladly embrace the mystical quality of those countries, but sadly all the DNA testing of these Yeti remains that are kept in monasteries up there have proved to be false - bears or sheep bones and skulls.

If you want to search for an illusive creature in the Himalayas - make it the snow leopard. An amazing creature by any measure.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 PM

189 posts, read 178,663 times
When someone discovers a skeleton or live Yeti (Sasquatch) then I'll believe. Seems odd that we can find the coelacanth in the ocean depths, can find bones of dinosaurs dead for millions of years, can find bones from "other" races of humans but....we can't find anything provable from a giant primate (Yeti) supposedly living among us.

Personally, I think the Yeti is like UFO's, ghosts, spirits and medicine man snake oil.....not one bit of truth to it!

-G

Old 04-30-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post
When someone discovers a skeleton or live Yeti (Sasquatch) then I'll believe. Seems odd that we can find the coelacanth in the ocean depths, can find bones of dinosaurs dead for millions of years, can find bones from "other" races of humans but....we can't find anything provable from a giant primate (Yeti) supposedly living among us.

Personally, I think the Yeti is like UFO's, ghosts, spirits and medicine man snake oil.....not one bit of truth to it!

-G
Gigantopithecus

Old 04-30-2019, 10:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post

-G
I encourage you to read up on Lloyd Pyes theory on this 'conspiracy', its pretty interesting.

In a nutshell, Pye claims 'Sasquatch' is the native man and modern day humans are the result of alien hybridization, that has been going on for decades, it sounds crazy, but some of the data is surprising, to say the least!

Old 05-01-2019, 09:12 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Can you at least explain the context of putting a link about a speculative extinct species from the Pleistocene era of 2.5 million years ago and it's relevance to this topic?
I really dislike posts with links but no context. It's lazy.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:07 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Can you at least explain the context of putting a link about a speculative extinct species from the Pleistocene era of 2.5 million years ago and it's relevance to this topic?
Here are some links that are relevant: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/w...dian-army.html or https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...-belongs-bears.

Some people love to ignore science and point to the unknown. Many of our sightings come from bear that have had serious injuries to one of the front legs and then walk on just their hind legs like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVsA5vlFV4E

Also, when some wild animals run, their feet land in almost the same area creating, what looks like to the observer, large hominid tracks. But we can now do DNA testing of the snow and determine exactly which animal left those tracks. There is no reason for unreasonable speculation and wild theories.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here are some links that are relevant: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/w...dian-army.html or https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...-belongs-bears.

Some people love to ignore science and point to the unknown. Many of our sightings come from bear that have had serious injuries to one of the front legs and then walk on just their hind legs like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVsA5vlFV4E

Also, when some wild animals run, their feet land in almost the same area creating, what looks like to the observer, large hominid tracks. But we can now do DNA testing of the snow and determine exactly which animal left those tracks. There is no reason for unreasonable speculation and wild theories.
I remember seeing this bear on a TV show. There are normal explanations for many Hominid sightings, and many hoaxes too.

Its fun to think about a Yeti, and secret civilizations in remote mountains but there has been no concrete evidence.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Giant hominidae are said by scientific community to have walked the earth. This species is speculated to have gone extinct perhaps 100k years ago. Thats not a long time in the bigger picture. Ive never seen a bigfoot. However, I cant say they dont exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal