Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
psychics are jokes
So, using your logic, anyone who has a talent that you don't have is a joke?

What a sheltered life you must have led.

Being a true sensitive isn't a joke, we do exist and IMO anyway, there's nothing supernatural about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 05:45 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
So, using your logic, anyone who has a talent that you don't have is a joke?

What a sheltered life you must have led.

Being a true sensitive isn't a joke, we do exist and IMO anyway, there's nothing supernatural about it.
being psychic is not a talent though....

Old 10-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
being psychic is not a talent though....
Ok, gift then.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:05 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,265 times
Quote:
Ok, gift then.
I'm not trying to change anyone's minds here... but I personally don't believe in psychics especially since the ones I knew were big scammers

Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
I went to a psychics place of business. The psychic wasn't there. I figure if they didn't know I was coming then they aren't that great of psychic. LOL

All kidding aside, I don't need anyone to make my plans for me. I know where I am going and how to get there. For me I believe in God, his Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. Having that knowledge and the knowledge that I can pray to God for help in running my life, I don't need any other individual telling me what to do. Seems to me that would eliminate the need to have faith in your life.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:39 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
I think there are a few people that have this gift, but most are scammers after the almighty buck. Running my own life and future or not, I bloody wish I had someone say, watch out for that mine field ahead, you can't see it but I can.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying to change anyone's minds here... but I personally don't believe in psychics especially since the ones I knew were big scammers
I see your point to an extent. Many of your storefront psychics are nothing more than con artists and they give the others a bad name.

What i'm talking about are the ones who aren't out there selling their ability like paranormal prostitutes.

It's like this, the mom who knows her child is in trouble before the phone rings, the trucker who changes his route at the last minute because he had a "bad feeling" and avoided a serious accident,the doctor who somehow knows that their patient has a serious disease even though they have no symptoms. Normal, everyday people who, thru some genetic quirk, have a heightened sense of awareness or extraordinary perceptive ability. Kinda like having perfect pitch, not with regard to music, but instead for the world around them.

I fail to understand why this concept is so difficult for many of you to accept, or even regard as a possibility. It is what it is, an ability. No less real than an artist's ability to capture what he see's on a canvas.

Just because science hasn't fully explained it yet doesn't mean it isn't real.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
I'm very skeptical about psychics, particularly ones who charge money for readings. I do believe there are some people who have special gifts of heightened intuition which most of us don't have. One thing I learned over the years, though, is to never say never.

I don't believe there has ever been a psychic who actually knows the future. If that were true, then every psychic out there would theoretically be able to choose the correct lottery numbers every day. Ain't gonna happen!

If there was someone who told me s/he could predict my future, and if it were actually possible, I would not want to know my future. It's in God's hands and in God's time I will know what I need to know.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-08-2011 at 12:59 AM..

Old 10-08-2011, 01:02 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,230 times
Any psychic, card reader, or zodiac person I have encountered has known, or was told just enough info about me to just blab, blab, blab, and take the money and run.

I do not, will not, ever believe that there is any power to know the future, except my almighty God!!! For that, I trust in him only!!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
I think everyone is capable of what you've written here. It doesn't happen often for most and some not at all. Maybe it has to do with our physical, mental and spiritual attributes coming together at just the right moment to feel the harmful thing that is in process. Here’s one that makes me wonder “what if.”

It was about thirty years ago, a gathering at a co-worker’s home. One young woman who was a stranger to me was sitting on a sofa talking about her trip the next day that was a long drive. As we all talked and enjoyed the BBQ I looked her way. There was an aura around her that gave me pause. It was a gentle sadness telling me something was going to happen to her. I asked about the trip, was it necessary, etc. That was Friday night and she was leaving the next day. On Monday at work my friend told me she was killed in a wreck. What if I had been fully aware of what I had seen and been bold enough to say something like that to a stranger? On the other hand, it could simply have been her time to go and I stumbled into the universal process.

Quote:
I see your point to an extent. Many of your storefront psychics are nothing more than con artists and they give the others a bad name.

What i'm talking about are the ones who aren't out there selling their ability like paranormal prostitutes.

It's like this, the mom who knows her child is in trouble before the phone rings, the trucker who changes his route at the last minute because he had a "bad feeling" and avoided a serious accident,the doctor who somehow knows that their patient has a serious disease even though they have no symptoms. Normal, everyday people who, thru some genetic quirk, have a heightened sense of awareness or extraordinary perceptive ability. Kinda like having perfect pitch, not with regard to music, but instead for the world around them.

I fail to understand why this concept is so difficult for many of you to accept, or even regard as a possibility. It is what it is, an ability. No less real than an artist's ability to capture what he see's on a canvas.

Just because science hasn't fully explained it yet doesn't mean it isn't real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal