Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,490,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
We see it as no big deal, only that it is Betty making sure we are taking good care of her home. And we are so we are sure she is happy.
This is what I don`t understand. Why would Betty give a rat`s behind about a physical house? There is nothing she can possibly do to change anything about the house. Aren`t people supposed to go on to better things when they die? Why would some ghost want to hang around in a physical world where they cannot communicate? What is she doing for the other 23 hrs and 59 minutes of the day that you don`t see her? I hope the other side is better than what a lot of people on here seem to think it is. The last thing I want to do is stay in some kind of half way existence between what`s real and what`s not.
I heard somewhere that Houdini told his wife that if there was anyway possible to contact her from the dead, he would do it. She heard nothing from him.
Ghost hanging around just doesn`t make any sense to me. Like a few others have said, for all the sightings and stories, noone has proof of squat. People see doors closing, lights going on and off, ghost walking across a room, stuff moving across a table, etc. But they are always alone when they see it. Or their best friend saw it or their sister, etc. If you truly have a haunted house, then contact the authorites and have them camp out or sleep over so we can prove it once and for all to the world. But it never happens. These ghost hunters supposedly go to the most haunted places around..but nothing. Of course before they got there and after they leave everything goes crazy. But when people are there, nothing ever happens. Why don`t people ever record their experiences as varifiable proof? I`m a skeptic by nature but I try to have an open mind...but it`s just too unreasonable for me to believe. Somebody somewhere would have actual proof by now. Instead it`s the same old story. I was alone or just me and my wife saw it.

People look at the complex world around them and won`t believe in a creator of some sort ( I`m not talking about religion or the christian God). But they`ll believe in dead people walking around even with no proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 03:52 PM

23,967 posts, read 32,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
The Star of David/ Jewish star is NOT a pentagram.
Pent translates to 5. The Star of David has 6 points, not 5.
There is a difference between a pentagram and a pentacle as well. It is the Wiccan branch of Pagans that use a pentacle, which is the 5 pointed star with a circle around it.
Each point represents an element; fire, earth, air, water, ether...
So if this house had Stars with circles around them, then it is far from satanic. If anything I would gues that some prior tenants also encountered these energies and tried to 'work' with them to settle them and send them on their way.

Also- 666 represents Nero Caesar, the Advisary in the times that Revelations was written. The Hebrew alphabet has numbers associated to each letter. It was often used as code.
Spell Nero Caesar in Hebrew, add up the numerical values and you have 666.
I am glad that you brought this up. There is already so much prejudice against both Wicca and Jewish people.

While I am neither, I am very sensitive to hatred against any ethnic racial or religious group. These two groups have had more than their fair share.

Thank you OwlKaMyst for setting the record straight on both the pentacle, which is not Satanic, and the Star of David which is also not Satanic.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,904,751 times
I find it interesting that the fundamentalist Christians on this thread get labeled as "close-minded" because they believe that paranormal activities are demonic, yet those that believe that these activities are dead humans get a free pass by the supposedly rational people.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:17 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,490,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
I find it interesting that the fundamentalist Christians on this thread get labeled as "close-minded" because they believe that paranormal activities are demonic, yet those that believe that these activities are dead humans get a free pass by the supposedly rational people.
I`m not a fundamentalist christian and I don`t believe in demons. But I do find it hypocritical that people will believe in a ghost that noone else can see and their reasoning will be....well, you have to be open to it, or some people are more aware or more psychic than others,etc.
But if another person says, that Jesus, God, or some deity spoke to them then it is labelled as all in their mind. If they had a NDE and spoke with Buddha, Jesus, or an angel, etc. then that was their brain dying or they were hallucinating. People will say there is no proof of God and that`s why they don`t believe it,eventhough others have said they saw or heard a deity.
Then those same naysayers will turn around and totally believe in ghost because THEY saw it and won`t understand how others don`t believe.
They are mirror images of each other. Each believes in something that the other says can`t be proven. But they totally disregard the other`s belief because it can`t be proven. Very interesting.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:38 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,072,688 times
first saying that spiritually i am christian,i also believe a place can hold negative energies(possibly demonic)-----i have experienced too many paranormal events in my lifetime---some horrifying,others making me question why i saw what i saw,and others even amusing(one time wishing outloud if i could just find a romance book i was reading and then having it come sailing onto the couch next to me from the top of an etagere(one i needed a stool to reach as i am quite short)--btw--3 of these experiences were seen by others

Old 05-26-2012, 08:48 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,652,630 times
I was just reminded of an interesting moment. Hubs & I were checking out googles street view when it came out. Showing each other our childhood homes. As we made the way up one side of the street and back down the other side, he was telling little stories for certain houses. Then he says 'oh yeah!...the ghost house!' and explains how every family that ever moved into that house moved out in less than a year. We scroll our view moving on along the street and this changes out view of the house and wouldn't ya know it, there is a for sale sign on the lawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal