Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times

Advertisements

Have you ever known somebody who was... for the lack a better term, "spooky"?

You know, somebody who just gives off bad vibes, who lives in "the darkness" and truly isn't just pretending to be? I don't mean somebody who is a just a bit mental or likes to dress goth or dabble in "witchcraft" from a book they found at Barnes & Noble... they may look completely normal but you just intuitively know they are truly "off" and not a "normal" person.

It's hard to explain, but if you've ever encountered someone like that, you'd know what I mean.

How do you deal with a person like that? What makes them that way? Do you have any stories and can you describe your impressions?

Last edited by Chango; 04-24-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

You know, somebody who just gives off bad vibes, who lives in "the darkness"
I wouldn't call those I've known 'outwardly spooky', but yes, the eyes give them away.

Last edited by virgode; 04-24-2012 at 07:35 PM..

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

You know, somebody who just gives off bad vibes, who lives in "the darkness" and truly isn't just pretending to be? I don't mean somebody who is a just a bit mental or likes to dress goth or dabble in "witchcraft" from a book they found at Barnes & Noble... they may look completely normal but you just intuitively know they are truly "off" and not a "normal" person.

It's hard to explain, but if you've ever encountered someone like that, you'd know what I mean.

How do you deal with a person like that? What makes them that way? Do you have any stories and can you describe your impressions?

But sometimes "vibes" are interpreted differently by different people. Just like people see something as beautiful and something else as ugly and other people would see these same things in a different way, it's possible that a person comes across to you as creepy, but wouldn't to other people. Just my two cents.

But no, I don't remember running into a creepy person.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I imagine anyone who ran into Richard Ramirez would get that feeling, big time.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I wouldn't call those I've known 'outwardly spooky', but yes, the eyes give them away.

you are so correct---i have met only two people like that--one lives very close nearby my residence and the other is a high ranking priest---could not even stand being around him---only one in all my years being active in my faith

Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
I've noticed that it tends to be the people with the spookiest vibes that go most out of their way to look and appear normal, physically. A lot of people that do really awful things wear normal attire for their professions and so on. Think Sandusky, for example. Did he go around wearing all black with heavy eyeliner? Nope. But these twin psychics talked about how they could feel his dark vibe so strongly when they attended Penn State, it would make them sick to their stomachs. Skip to 25 min.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
you are so correct---i have met only two people like that--one lives very close nearby my residence and the other is a high ranking priest---could not even stand being around him---only one in all my years being active in my faith
I know that feeling very well. I had the same experience with another well known religious figure several years ago. Shaking his hand made me want to chuck my guts. I had to leave the room.

Have you checked to see if the priest was involved in any of the sex scandals within the church?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM

692 posts, read 1,355,446 times
Aleister Crowley was one of the most spooky and weird people

Aleister Crowley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exclusive Brethren | Aleister Crowley – “The Wickedest Man Alive” (until 1947) |

Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
Yea, he was certainly a "spooky" person if there ever was one. Rasputin would be another who comes to mind.

One of the funnier and more colorful "explanations" I've heard for the kind of people I'm talking about is that they are alien hybrids planted among humanity for some unknown reason. Anyone here wanna own up to being a half-alien?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I know that feeling very well. I had the same experience with another well known religious figure several years ago. Shaking his hand made me want to chuck my guts. I had to leave the room.

Have you checked to see if the priest was involved in any of the sex scandals within the church?
he would never get corrected even if caught--too many vatican contacts----luckily for kids he prefers women in their 20's and 30's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal